Free Skins
© Fisana

Something Seen Out Of The Corner Of Your Eye?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:16 AM

Great idea!  One throwaway theory of mine is the reason some might see things out of the corner of their eye is because of frequencies of what's being seen. I remember the early LED/digital displays on things like car radios etc. I notice seeing them at an angle, or out of the corner of my eye, it flickers. I wonder if anything similar is involved

Edited by Vlawde, 16 May 2019 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

#22 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:20 PM

View PostEVP, on 16 May 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

I'd like to propose a request with this somewhat revitalized thread. Let's get Michelle involved in some of the questtions with a "clinical" answer. She's our best source of education in regards to vision. Please Michelle, from your expertise in the field can you explain some of the phenomena on a scientific level what the eye might be experiencing. Do your best to keep bias/belief from your educated answers. You're a goldmine in this field.
Thank you for your interest in my clinical training to possibly shed some light on this subject.  I am truly honored EVP. If I may, I would like to read over this thread so I can reply as competently as possible.
Michelle

#23 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 26 May 2019 - 12:49 PM

:show:
Posted Image

#24 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

:pop:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#25 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 17 May 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Thank you for your interest in my clinical training to possibly shed some light on this subject.  I am truly honored EVP. If I may, I would like to read over this thread so I can reply as competently as possible.
Michelle

Still hoping for your response Michelle. Thanks in advance.

Edited by EVP, 26 June 2019 - 03:25 PM.

Posted Image

#26 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

1. Do you believe the *human eye* can see ghosts?
  Yes cause i have seen them

That depends on the situation. There's been plenty of auditory experiences without a visual cue to accompany the phenomena. It's also been proposed the experience may in fact be a mental projection and have no optical element involved. Oddly when collective phenomena is said to be visually encountered, it's not uncommon for each individual to see the phenomena differently. This would support the mental projection theory. I've only collectively seen something once. I am reluctant to give a winning flag to a singular experience. One must look for more validation.

2. Do you believe that *children's eyes* can see ghosts better than adults?
Yes because children are more open.

This is also mixed with opinion. Psychologists have studied the imaginary friends that children create. It's common for them to create a friend when lonely. Some have suggested that children have a tapping into the other side as they are absent of routine and without impression by a fixed reality. Children grow out of the imaginary friend as they grow older according to studies. Interesting theory on both sides of the coin. Without facts you have opinion and opinions CANNOT be validated.

3. Do you believe that animals can *See* (Not sense) ghosts better than humans?
Oh yes they can big time

Until an animal tugs on my pant cuff and says, "Hey I just saw a ghost" I'll remain unconvinced. Are you sure you can trust animals that have been known to eat their own feces?

These next questions applys only to corner of eye, not fully seen:

4. Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye?
More then i wish to have seen

The reason I asked Michelle who unfortunately never responded to my request is she's has a practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. She's is as close to an expert we have on Paranormal Soup. Her degree took many years to earn. Eye disease is layed upon study, observation and countless clinical testing. None of us are qualified to speak with the same authority she has earned.

It's important as I have said many times before to exhaust all the natural explanations first whether it applies to visual phenomena or auditory enigmas before branding it as paranormal. Only a very small number of experiences can be branded the unknown. I won't label it as a ghost or a diabolical entity.

One just has to look at three of the most prominent EVP pioneers deductions during their long lives. Friedrich Jürgenson, Konstantin Raudive & Sarah Estep all concluded anomalous auditory snippets do not have just one origin. They could be extraterrestrial, inter dimensional, imprints from the living or the dearly departed or from other sources. In other words, they simply do not know the origins. It's best to stay open minded and limit labeling. We're closing off other possibilities if we do which makes us truly myopic in approach.

Edited by EVP, 23 May 2020 - 07:27 PM.

Posted Image

#27 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

I apologize EVP - you did ask my thoughts on this - life got extremely complicated and I truly hope you forgive me.  Thank you for the kind words, they mean more than you know.  When I have patients, acquaintances, etc describe a  visual phenomena, hallucinations, experience - whatever one decides to refer to it as - I must say I approach it from a scientific (some say skeptical) viewpoint. I am a believer but a skeptic 1st.  I do not presume everything is paranormal, nor do I rule it out (completely) unless there is supporting evidence that is clearly stated, proven & can be explained as being caused by something in our visual system, CNS, and such that says 'This is indeed not paranormal because of these factors.'
For example, let's look at CBS - Charles Bonnet's Syndrome. People that are born without vision will not experience this because they've never actually seen or viewed colors, faces, different scenes we tend to take for granted while performing our daily routines.  We must understand that we 1st see with our brain then our eyes. This is where Bonnet's Syndrome can come into play.  I had a gentleman actually last week that came to me to speak privately because his family told him repeatedly he was 'losing his mind and needed to be admitted into an assisted care facility.'  He heard what most of us would hear 'you're losing your xxxx and going to a nursing home.'  They came to this conclusion after he asked a question about someone he saw 'just a second ago.' This person he saw with his peripheral vision wasn't there at his home, hadn't been there and wasn't coming. This was the 1st time I had examined this man and he was extremely competent, coherent and not the least bit senile.  The LAST place he needed to be was in some facility that did not understand the nature of his 'Visual Hallucinations.'  He is an extremely intelligent man. The reason he had this experience is because he'd been able to see his entire life, Retired Navy pilot and on top of his game.  He later in life developed Macula Degeneration that starts 'dry' and in his case turned 'wet'.  At the time this happened to him there wasn't a treatment for wet AMD and he lost all of his central vision in both eyes with in 6 months of each other. Now there is treatment for it, no cure as of yet and I use an off label drug to treat the majority of my patients. Why off label? Because it works and 90+% of the time treating this will keep the person seeing for the rest of their life.  That's my goal, for them to have the best quality of life until we reach our last day in this world. I went into all of this to set the scene hoping I can explain it properly and not disappoint anyone here.  Now the reason he saw this man out of the corner of his vision is because with WAMD at the late stage you only have a thinly shaped crescent moon where there's a little vision left. If the optic nerve is involved ie Glaucoma, you lose the peripheral or crescent window to see out of.  Strokes that stop the blood flow to the optic nerve you lose everything. NLP= No Light Perception. In any of these cases where both eyes have lost most or all vision, the brain will create something for the person to 'see.' Why? Because 1st we see with our brain, then our eyes. It can be anything from our past, landscapes, cartoon characters anything.  But sadly his previous doctor didn't tell him expect this to happen - maybe the doctor prior didn't want to hurt him anymore with less than positive news, because he asked me 'Michelle, when will my vision return?' We both cried as I told him 'It will never return.' I was so broken but he asked me for my hand and he held it, positioned his eyes and head where he could see me and said ' Well, Hell - there's no need to hold on to false hope and will you please tell my family I am not crazy & I am not leaving my house?'  I said absolutely and did just that. I arranged for someone to come in and teach him to retain his independence by using the vision he has left to the fullest. He called me today on his 'new phone for blind folk.'(as he calls it -from his home!) We laughed. Now people on the outside ie his family do not understand why their family member is seeing things that aren't there and what else could they possibly think? It fits if it weren't for the supporting facts. I am winging this because I just got home from work - I pray it makes sense.  I believe there was also the subject of and I maybe wrong but of our central vision (when in total darkness) that at times people seem to see or pick out an area that might be darker than the surrounding areas. Mostly this occurs when we stare longer at one spot.  Our eyes are constantly focusing so it's not the area one is looking at that is darker, it's our eyes trying to adjust to the absence of a light source. They constantly do it during the day (pupils constricting and dilating depending on the intensity of the light that tends to always change but we don't notice it during the day.  Only when we don't possess that ability right then.  I am sure this is difficult to understand due to my rambling.   I am off tomorrow and if you have any questions I will do my best to clarify my answers. Another great thread is one Vlawde brought up about red numbers on a digital clock. We discussed "Flicker Fusion Rate".  That may help make putting things together as it all works the same with applied scientific measures.  Vlawde will have to find that thread - I haven't any idea where it's at!  I hope this helped a bit - again thank you EVP & everyone else being tortured by my reply!!!!
Michelle

#28 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,455 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:28 AM

Great explanation! Here's that thread:  http://www.paranorma...<br /> <br /> And what was said about Flicker Fusion Rate:

"The retina has two types o f photo-receptors cones and rods. Cones are responsible for color vision and central acuity, while rods are designed for peripheral vision and scotopic or night vision. The cones are designed for daytime vision and require greater light while the rods are more sensitive to dim light. The flicker fusion rate is different for rods and cones. What this means it you have a strobe light firing at a low frequency you will see the light flashing on an off. If you increase the frequency to the point where the recovery period of the photo-receptors is exceeded, then the light appears constant. The flicker fusion rate of the cones system and the rod system are different - this is why when you look at a computer screen, especially older designs you see the screen flicker more if you are not looking straight at the screen. LCD or liquid crystal displays are polarized in nature and they filter horizontal light so if you look off axis the image will disappear, also if you wear polarized sunglasses the the image can not be seen. This often happens at the gas pump when you are trying to read the display. Theoretically, if an apparition is trying to reveal itself photopically, it will do so with low luminance and be more sensitive to the peripheral vision or the rod photo-receptors which are more sensitive in scotopic (dark light) or mesopic (medium light)  environment. This may be why more ghost sightings happen after dark.  Be easy on me, it has been a long day."

Edited by Vlawde, 24 May 2020 - 07:30 AM.

Posted Image

#29 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 07:07 PM

Thank you Vlawde!!!

I knew I couldn't find it. I do hope it makes some bit of sense - I am not the best at explaining things.

#30 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

One reason children see things their parents don't is their third eye is still healthy (and functioning). Depending on environmental and dietary factors, a child's pineal gland calcifies over time and they lose the ability to visually perceive things outside the visible light spectrum. As parents often put it, they "grow out of it" (like the parent, the child becomes limited to only 'seeing' things within the electromagnetic spectrum their eyeballs can detect).

#31 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:42 PM

I should probably add that young children make no distinction between face-eyeball sight and third eye sight. It's just the one image in your mind after all. It's not like there's some graphic overlay outlining objects and displaying wavelength data.

#32 Altersense

Altersense

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 09:04 PM

. Do you believe the *human eye* can see ghosts?
  (Please note this question means visibly see a ghost.)
Yes. If they are in our light spectrum. I believe entities, spirits or however you want to refer to them, have the ability to pass in and out of our light spectrum.   That being said, Ive seen people not see physical objects in front of them...I think the brain is a complex filter, and possibly our eyes see alot more than is actually registered by the brain.

2. Do you believe that *children's eyes* can see ghosts better than adults?
Good question. My intuition says no. I think the lack of programming yet to be had at that age possibly doesnt filter the information out like adults brain do, so they possibly "see" more.

3. Do you believe that animals can *See* (Not sense) ghosts better than humans?
Yes. Less filtering due to beliefs and being conditioned.

These next questions applys only to corner of eye, not fully seen:

4. Have you ever seen something strange (Paranormal) out of the corner of your eye?
No.

4a. If so,was it/where they a mist, shadow, figure, something else, all of the above?

4b. Have you ever been 100% certain it was a figure of human shape.

Two related questions:

5. Have you ever starred into straight darkness and thought you could see something, though you can't?
Nope. Would never do that, lol.

6. Have you ever felt someone starring at you and turned to see a normal person starring at you?
Oh yeah. Thats a confirmed phenomenon.

#33 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

lol at number six, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't happen as often these last few months :P
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#34 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:16 AM

LOL I have at work ;) in recovery!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter