• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

We just did a trip to Victorian House and museum in Millersburg, Ohio and I think I found something on my recorder. I'm still somewhat new and have not had an evp yet. So I want to know if you can hear anything and what. I was listening to my recorder with headphones on and I can hear it fine, my husband and daughter hear it fine. I tried to upload it to FB so the other investigators can hear it and they say they cant hear anything besides static. One says she can hear something but its not loud enough to tell. I have my opinion and my daughter has another on what it says. So I am hoping someone will hear it and make me feel less crazy! lol. The file is looped, its only about 3 seconds long you will hear a flashlight click and then at about 1.75 seconds into the clip you will hopefully hear the evp. Then I did some editing which was only running it through a software to make it louder no other editing done. But it makes it more staticy sp? anways it will loop through a couple different versions of the same clip. I don't want to tell you what I think it says. But I am hoping uploading it to FB is taking away the quality and that's why they cant make it out but hope you guys can. Thank you. New but def enjoying you guys so far! UPDATE: THE FILE WAS TOO LARGE SO THE FIRST ONE IS THE ORIGINAL THE SECOND IS RUN THROUGH THE COLUME ENHANCING PROGRAM.....

Attached Files

~I ain't afraid of no ghosts!~

#2 Odinochestva

Odinochestva

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts
  • Location:San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Local Cluster, Virgo Supercluster, Universe
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Gigging, Reading, Writing, History, Astronomy, Science-Fiction, Nature, Adventuring, and the Paranormal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Very interesting. Where in the house is this? What are the conditions and were you alone? Set the stage! :D Just to let you know, the name of your second audio file kinda gives away what you think it sounds like. If it is a legitimate EVP, then I hear what sounds like three syllables and possibly "go away" as well. I'm not sure where this was captured, however the sound almost reminds me of a fuse, or a bulb powering. Does the flashlight shine immediately once you click the power button? Or is it one of those heavy duty deals where the bulb lags a moment before flickering on?

EDIT: And I do understand that the potential EVP is the noise that appears after the initial sound of the flashlight clicking.

Edited by Odinochestva, 24 January 2014 - 12:52 PM.

"No better book ends than two walls."

#3 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

oops I didn't notice my file name :wallbash:  Ok we were on the third floor in the ballroom it is a rather large room.  There is a Christmas tree still set up so I asked if they liked the Christmas decorations we then heard a tink type noise I turned on my flashlight aimed it in that direction and turn it off. (The click in the file is the flashlight turning off) We like dark so the  flashlight was only on for seconds. Two of us were in this spot, one was on the second floor restocking up on batteries, and the guys were in the basement. We were sitting where we could see out the ballroom door down the hall all the way to the steps  and no one was around besides myself and another girl. I tag whispers and everything and with my recorder you can hear talking well I know it wasn't a whisper cause I would have tagged it plus the recorder would have picked it up like a normal voice lol. So this has to be very low. So my flashlight does come right on no noise with it, but it was off. I also considered cars driving by but found listened to more and cars you can hear clearly and def make those out without question. This is def something we didn't hear ourselves. I can see it with the audio waves also when that sound appears and makes sense you say three syllables because there was three spikes in with wavelengths.   I would have to check my notes to confirm but I believe it was afterwards there were footsteps coming up the stairs and then the hallway, so loud I told the girl with me that has to be (the other girl that went down to get batteries) once it started sounding like it was coming down the hall I turned on my flashlight and yelled out to her and she wasn't there then all of a sudden we heard that girl coming up the steps and you can tell because the first time we heard it it was just like hard wood floor step squeaking sounds, when she actually came up you can hear her shoes tapping against the hardwood with each step. That was cool to catch on the recorder. I should upload that one. Ok sorry for the book does that paint a well enough picture for you? :)

#4 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

I'm no EVP expert. In fact, I don't do well in hearing what others hear.  But I thought I'd point out to you that in uploading a sound file to Facebook or any other online site, often there is a compression applied which can obscure the file enough that it sounds different.  If the EVP was faint to begin with, you can lose it, or it can sound different.

People even report that it can change with repeated listening.  I believe one reason for this is that it is saved repeatedly, and each save gives it a new compression, which degrades the file.

#5 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

I thought that's how it worked I knew it did for photos that's why I wondered if it would work here. But thank you for confirming what I thought about the compression issue.

#6 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Well I met with the owner of the group with his spiffy expensive headphones and clear as day its a man saying "come here" yay my first EVP!

#7 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Well, someone heard the evp! Take that as a victory, mon ami! Sadly, I hear nothing at all on the first and nothing I can dechiper (too faint) on the second. Maybe I need to invest in better earphones... :Picture 562: :D
Who you gonna call?

#8 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:02 AM

Well I think it downgrades the quality when I upload it and its very faint with my headphones but once I put on the team owners and listened I could make it out for sure. Before then it sounded like a man and like another poster put 3 syllables.

#9 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Oh, don't let me discourage you. I sometimes hear someone's evp p and sometimes I do not. This is one of the latter. There is something there for a second, but I cannot get even voice confirmation, as it is too faint. As I said, if one person can hear what you have, take the victory, even if no one else EVER hears anything. You know what you hear and someone confirms. Good enough for victory. Good luck!
Who you gonna call?

#10 ctpuckett

ctpuckett

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, all things unexplained.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Speaking of losing audio quality, if you get audio with EVPs, try to save them .flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec). You will not really have to furthermore worry about quality loss. If you do not have the software, use an online resource. Here is one I found by just doing a search:
http://www.zamzar.com/

#11 MPCUTIE6

MPCUTIE6

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Thank you guys. Sorry I have been so busy and it took me so long to reply. Although we just did another investigation and I got some great evps and I'm not even done with all the audio!

View Postctpuckett, on 26 February 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Speaking of losing audio quality, if you get audio with EVPs, try to save them .flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec). You will not really have to furthermore worry about quality loss. If you do not have the software, use an online resource. Here is one I found by just doing a search:
http://www.zamzar.com/
Thank you so much for this info I didn't even know it was out there. So once I place it on my computer is that when I do this? Also what programs do you use to clean up your evps, get rid of static ect...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evp