#21 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostMichelle GT, on 16 December 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

I would be interested in the apps you mention, audition can be a little clunky in the fact that it takes a long time to do one thing lol!

Diamond Cut (DC8), Wavepad and Audacity. Audacity is free and I believe wavepad has a free single user version.

#22 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

I would be interested in the apps you mention, audition can be a little clunky in the fact that it takes a long time to do one thing lol!

Michelle, what version and how old is your computer? I have Audition 3 running easily on a 6 year old Dell harboring Window XP with just 1 gigabyte of RAM. Audition is the only piece of audio software that allows proper identification of anomalous captures with the Spectral Frequency Display. In fact, my original mentor helped in the earlier versions (after 1.5) implementing tools for analysis and refinement for EVP work. I can't think of a finer piece of audio software for this purpose.

I'd strongly suggest keeping your recording sessions to 10 minutes and under. You might have problems loading long files when they are recorded in 48,000 Hz at 24-bit PCM wav files.

You might try looking for a copy from Sarah Estep called "Voices to Eternity". She was the last pioneer of EVP work capturing over 20,000 voice in her lifetime. She outlines in the final chapters successful recording methodologies and highly recommends recording no longer 5 minutes at a time.

Edited by evp, 17 December 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#23 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

Thanks CDS :)
evp, I'm running 3 on a modernish laptop but it can lag, I don't know why but it could be something to do with it being a quad core?

#24 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

It shouldn't. I have v3 installed on a dual core i5 ultrabook and a quadcore i5 without issues. If it's lagging it might have to do with an ailing HD.

#25 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

<snip>

Adobe Audition 2 and 3 is designed around a new ASIO playback engine which performs optimally when using an ASIO driver. If no ASIO driver is installed for use with Adobe Audition, choose the Adobe Audition Windows Sound driver instead.
To verify that the correct driver is selected for Adobe Audition, do the following:<p>
  • Choose Edit > Audio Hardware Setup, and click either the Edit View, Multitrack, or Surround Encoder tab.

Note: Set up each of the Views (Edit, Multitrack, and Surround Encoder) separately.
  • Make sure that the installed sound card driver is selected in the Audio Driver menu.
    • If an ASIO device driver is available, then be sure to select it.
    • If an ASIO device driver is NOT available, then select the Adobe Audition Windows Sound driver and see Set up Adobe Audition 3 audio hardware drivers(kb408729) for details on setting up the AWS driver.

Note: Adobe recommends that you choose the ASIO driver that is installed with your sound device instead of the default Adobe Audition Windows Sound driver. Only use the Adobe Audition Windows Sound driver in a situation where the system audio device does not have its own ASIO driver.

<end snip>

http://helpx.adobe.c...on.html

Edited by CDS, 17 December 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#26 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

http://atransc.org/v...ternity_web.pdf
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#27 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

View Postklainey, on 17 December 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

Thank you, I'll read it soon :)

#28 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:46 AM

View Postklainey, on 17 December 2014 - 01:27 AM, said:

Thanks klainey forgot this was free and transcribed. Page 182-> is where Sarah helps users with communication.

#29 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:59 AM

Your welcome  interesting reading here are some of her recordings too

http://atransc.org/e...h_estep_evp.htm
Posted Image

#30 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

"I was seeing war" Gee this EVP was clear
Posted Image

#31 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

Oh, there is one example here, actually on one of MACQDOR's audio clips or audio off a video where by I raised the pitch of some ELF noises and made out audible speech. That was very interesting and profound.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evp, itc, echovox