• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#21 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

My name is Brian, and I joined 5 years ago ( seems like last week ) because I saw a picture being discussed that I thought I could explain. I'm not much good here for anything other than that, though. I'm 59, married for 36 years, and have two adult children. I am retired, and have gone through ( worn out ) about six or seven cameras in the last ten years. I don't really know anyone very well on here, but the members have been very nice to me so I keep hanging out.

#22 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

You're the go-to guy when it comes to photos Brian! Heck, without members like you, Eclectic and Jester, I would still be saying "Great Cap!" To people who had "captured " a bug, a stray hair or condensation on film!

#23 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

And thanks to Brian, we settled one of two court cases a few weeks ago all down to some exif data that I needed to extract from some evidence.  It really helped a lot and I haven't got round to saying thank you yet.

So thanks Brian!  I owe you one :)

It's not all about the paranormal here y'know.  ;)

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#24 mercesgirl

mercesgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghosts, desktop enhancement.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Oh Goodness! It's been a while. I can't remember exactly when I joined but I think it was like 2002 or sometime around there. I have missed you guys, but it's nice catching up over on facebook.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->Ghosts are invisible, and I didn't see anything. Therefore, ghosts must exsist.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#FF6666--><span style="color:#FF6666"><!--/coloro-->-Gilbert Godfrey on Celebrity Paranormal<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#25 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostPumpkinWraithGStudy, on 08 January 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

... So thanks Brian!  I owe you one ...

You are very welcome, and I am happy to have been of help.

And thanks  HelenaHandBaskett too for the nice words.

#26 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry I missed the reunion. I just popped in to take a quick look around.  I checked my profile and it says I joined this forum back in Oct 22 2004. That was within the first couple of days when this forum was created but I was a member of Ghoststudy from two or three boards before this one was created. The other boards were hacked so they had to start new ones. So I have been a member for over 10 years!  I haven't been here in a while because I have been VERY busy. Doing what you may ask....Playing a stupid facebook war game (StormFall) that takes up all my free time and when I take a break from that I get hooked on watching youtube videos. With these two occupations I don't have time to do anything else.  LOL... It's good to see the old gang is still hanging round. :D

#27 ~=IKON=~

~=IKON=~

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Wow!  This thread really did bring out the old accounts!  I haven't seen some of these in years :D  Good to see everyone is still around either posting or checking in.
Ghost Investigator: 1994-Present
One day your life will flash before your eyes.  Make sure it's worth watching.
If something is 99% impossible, there is that 1% chance it could happen.
If you wake up in the morning and you feel no pain, you probably died sometime in the night

#28 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Another GS old-timer here!  I originally joined the forum (in one of its previous incarnations) way back in 2002.  Hard to believe I've been here for twelve years!  Back then I had a different user name, Kate518...which I doubt that anyone not on the forum staff even remembers.

I don't post as often as I used to either.  A lot of that has to do with the evolution of my belief system over the years.  I'm a lot more skeptical when it comes to physical "evidence" such as photos and EVPs.  I often hesitate before posting a debunking reply because I feel like a party pooper.  :blush:  That being said, I still try to keep an open mind, and I'm a lot more interested in--and receptive to--people's personal experiences than I am in supposed physical evidence of the paranormal.

#29 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostAugustineGStudy, on 09 January 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I don't post as often as I used to either.  A lot of that has to do with the evolution of my belief system over the years.  I'm a lot more skeptical when it comes to physical "evidence" such as photos and EVPs.  I often hesitate before posting a debunking reply because I feel like a party pooper.  :blush:  That being said, I still try to keep an open mind, and I'm a lot more interested in--and receptive to--people's personal experiences than I am in supposed physical evidence of the paranormal.

I know where you're coming from, Augustine.  I need a lot of evidence for a ghost photo to be true to me.  Some of the ones that I see on here are truly explainable or manipulated, but there is always that one that comes along once in a blue moon that jumps out at me.  I remember going through the old Ghost Master photos from late 1999-early 2000 and seeing all of the ecto-mist pictures.  We all know that most of those are caused by smoke, breath, and camera straps ^_^

I never did give my full bio like Snowlord did, and I kinda feel bad because I didn't lol... but here it is....

My name is Adam, I am 24 (25 this March), and I was a Dominos delivery driver up until the 3rd of this month because of all of the snow.  I had to quit because my little light-weight pickup was not going to make it through the foot and a half of snow we got.  Anyhow, I am currently going to school to get a bachelor's in criminal justice and I should be done with that by next December.  I have a girlfriend named Tara, and we love traveling together to places like the Black Hills in South Dakota, and Johnson Shut-Ins near Pilot Knob, Missouiri.  I started using Ghoststudy back in 2002 and joined the forums in August 2012.  I have not found a better place to discuss the paranormal and I look forward to all of the great discussions I will hopefully have with you guys in the future!  :)
Posted Image

#30 the_gray_jester

the_gray_jester

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Parapsychology, Metal music, Photography, Writing, reading, and investigating.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Oh, we are doing Bios now?  Alright.  My real name is Chris, I also go by Gray (long story, won’t get into it.)  I am also a photographer, Not quite as experienced as Brian but I’m coming along nicely :P.  I'm also a musician, and as of late, a Trucker.  I now drive 18 wheelers, been at it for almost 2 years now. I'm 27 and my most notable features is my hair.  its about butt-length, rock and roll!

Been into the paranormal ever since i heard my first ghost story. Used to be into aliens, but i now study Parapsychology. in other words my creed is "just because you saw it, doesn’t mean it exists".  Took a break from GS mostly because i couldn't get it to work on my comp.  i then figured out i think it was Firefox. There were other reasons i took an absence from GS, but they are petty and not worth getting into.  But now i am back,  and i'll keep on working my way up the ladder.  I’ve been here since 2004 i believe, in October. i think i joined around the same time as BlueRose.

I have been lucky enough to see some good spooks in the past few years, got a few pics, even a video. i dont recall if i ever posted them.

Posted Image

#31 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

I've been lurking around here since February 2005.

I remember finding the main GS one night after some funky stuff happened in an apartment my husband and I were living in at the time. I examined every single ghost pic that was on there, well into the wee morning hours. I then found my way to the forums.

I never really posted much. I used to have pretty severe panic attacks and that extended to things like chat and forums as well. I still get nervous around large groups of people, but not as severely.

In October of 2012, Helena asked me to be the board tech and I agreed - been on staff ever since.

I still don't post much, mostly because I'm pretty sarcastic and it's hard to get through that I'm not being mean when there's no tone of voice to be heard. I mostly try to keep the board running smoothly and occasionally pop into a thread if I feel I have someting relevant to say, or to keep the rest of you troublemakers nice :P
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#32 Arwen

Arwen

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:lurking...sometimes for years.

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Dd somebody say reunion?

#33 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

View PostArwen, on 16 January 2014 - 12:19 AM, said:

Dd somebody say reunion?

Another blast from the past!

#34 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Wow...hey there Arwen!  Long time, no see!

#35 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I was one of the original first people to sign up.  I think I was actually the 10th person.  I have been here off and on for many years.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#36 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hey Auntie Ame :)

#37 kiminal

kiminal

EVP

• GS Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Gosh I have lurked these boards for years, in fact there was a message board before this one I think, and everybody came over here.  I don't come and visit as often as I should so I shall make an effort to be more involved.

CODE
Thank You Jeepers and Flubby

#38 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

*Waves*  Hi kiminal!  It's great seeing all these familiar faces again.

#39 Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*

Guest_SilentWalkerGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

There are still some old faces who have not checked in. You know who you are and others also know you so please feel free to give them a nudge....

#40 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostSilentWalkerGStudy, on 25 March 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

There are still some old faces who have not checked in. You know who you are and others also know you so please feel free to give them a nudge....

I find it weird that some people only make a few posts and we don't ever see them again.  I looked at one user's profile who joined the forum in 2004, made a couple posts, and hasn't been seen since.  Hopefully nothing happened to them.
Posted Image