Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#542 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Yes, it was. I haven't decided on what I'll have tonight. I know my mom's trying out a package of fish & chips, which she bought from the grocery store. They had it in their seafood freezer section. It's called 'Cod Fillets and Chips,' and manufactured by Young's Seafood, UK. I'll let you know if it's any good.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#543 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

We are having salmon for dinner tonight with crispy skin ^_^  I am off to cook  I am hungry already :yes:
Posted Image

#544 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

Well, my mom cooked the Cod & Chips, and she said it was good. So, she gave me a bite of the cod and a few chips to try; they are delicious.

Posted Image

My Shop

#545 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:29 PM

Well, tonight I made a mock beef stew. I call it "mock" because it didn't add any celery, carrots, and mushrooms to it, but it tasted lovely. Here's how I made it.

Mock Beef Stew:

6 oz beef eye round, sliced into 1" pieces
1 tsp sea salt
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced thin
1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
1/2 cup diced frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (I used Ore-Ida)
1/8 tsp hot pepper flakes
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 + 1 cups spring water
1 tsp  Roasted Beef Base (I use Better Than Bouillon®)
1 tsp Better Than Bouillon® Ham Base (I use Better Than Bouillon®)
1/4 tsp potato starch (I use Bob's Red Mill®)
1 tsp chives, chopped
1 tsp parsley, chopped

1. Sprinkle the sea salt over the beef and rub to coat all sides.

2. Heat the one teaspoonful of oil in a skillet (I used cast iron) until it is hot. Add the beef and brown on all sides. Remove the meat from pan browning finishes and place in a medium bowl and cover with aluminum foil to keep the meat warm.

3. Add another teaspoonful of oil to the skillet, when hot, add.the onion and cook for one minute. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute. Now add the corn and cook for two minutes more. Remove the mix and add it to the beef. Now add the remaining oil and fry the potatoes until golden brown.

4. In a stock pot add  2 cups of the water and bring to a boil. Now add the vegetables, red pepper flakes, turmeric, and black pepper to the stockpot; simmer the ingredients for ten minutes.

5. Now mix the potato starch and remaining one cup of water; add to the pot (stirring constantly). Return the beef to the pan and cook until the stew thickens; about four minutes. Serve, garnished with the chives and parsley.

Posted Image

My Shop

#546 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:07 PM

I just love better than bullion!  It's awesome. My secret ingredient in most my recipes.

Edited by daphnerose, Yesterday, 07:08 PM.

#547 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:47 PM

View Postdaphnerose, on 21 September 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

I just love better than bullion!  It's awesome. My secret ingredient in most my recipes.

I am not too sure what that is, I will have to google.

My latest craze is microwaved poached eggs
Posted Image

#548 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted Today, 08:03 AM

I typically work 6 days a week. I will get up early on Sundays and go to the grocery store to pick out some stuff to cook for my wife and I for dinner.  The first thing I want to mention about my cooking on Sundays is that I will use my Lodge brand cast iron skillet for a good number of my meals that I make.  Lately I have been making Filet Mignon in the skillet.

After cooking the bottom of the steaks and searing the sides and just after turning the steaks to cook the top.  I put in a half a sick of butter and 5-6 garlic cloves.  Basting the steaks with the meat juice and butter.  Once the steaks are just about done (medium rare), I remove them from the pan and put in the sliced up mushrooms to saute in the butter and meat juices for about 12-15 minutes.  The steaks go back in the pan with the heat off to warm them up a little bit before serving.

I will have seared asparagus with minced garlic for the veggie and make twice baked potatoes, or a potato / onion medley cooked in the over.  I will substitute fresh green beans at times....usually when I get a prime rib and cook it in the over in the cast iron skillet.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#549 daphnerose

daphnerose

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

Drool.