• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SuperMario

SuperMario

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

I don't believe in ghosts but what I experience was extremely odd to say the least. About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night and had something standing over me about about a foot away at the side of my bed. I thought it was a person that broke into my house so just by reflex I tried to punch it. As I swung it moved back twice as fast as I could throw the punch and I ended up on the floor looking up at this thing. On the floor I just sat their looking up at it about 5 feet away now and it vanished in front of my eyes about 15 seconds later. I turned on my bed side light after it disappeared and nothing was their. I grabbed a hunting knife I keep at the side of the bed and checked all the doors and windows but they were all closed and locked. It's by far the creepiest thing I have ever encountered and continue to loose sleep over it. Theirs no way I could tell anyone about this because I'm sure they would just think I'm crazy but after so many nights of no sleep I felt the need to share this very odd experience with someone. Thanks for listening

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards :)

Wow, a person of action!  It must have been a terrible experience and I don't know what would have been worse, that it disappeared or it could have been flesh and blood!

I think you might be surprised how many other people have experienced similar. Thankfully I am not one of this club's, members :confused0068:

Thank you for sharing :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 SuperMario

SuperMario

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

I personally wish it was flesh and blood because that way I could setup traps and be prepared if it came back but as of now I don't know what to do. I literally stay awake at night wondering if I'll wake up to it again and if it does come back, what could I even do?

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

I have heard leaving some type of light can deter them, whether this is from not being able to see them or they don't like the light it is hard to say. I think since you have seen it and interacted with it and it didn't hurt you, it might be something that observes and hopefully won't be back.

There is a lot of speculation what these things are. I haven't seen a dark shadow but scary enough, I saw my partner cross to the ensuite when I was in the hallway walking to the bedroom (and a small light was on). I was surprised/ shocked to find them still in bed fast asleep after entering the room. Glad that only happened once too! I would rather hear than see something as a rule :yes:
Posted Image

#5 SuperMario

SuperMario

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

The thing that also creeps me out about it is why did I even wake up at such a odd time in the first place? And the feel I got waking up to it standing over me instantly put my stomach in a knot. I hope it never returns but I'll always be thinking about it now.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,638 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:52 AM

Wow... that really was an extraordinary event!
Almost like a script from a movie where you swing at it, it moves back swiftly and you fall to the floor. Then as you look up, it's still standing there!  :o  

I envy you for still sleeping in that room! As Klainey mentioned, keep a low watt light on in the room... and even one in the closet. They like it best with no light. So we want to make them/it as uncomfortable as possible.  ;)

I would also suggest you think about anything you might have done lately that may have attracted something like this to you...

Ouija board use?
Occult?
New meds?
Brought something used into the house?
Or anything else that may have triggered a visit?

If you are religious at all, pray for protection especially before bed. And thank him in the morning if all went well.

If nothing triggered it... and it hasn't returned in the last thirty days, it most likely won't be returning. But if it does, the first thing you need to do is stop sleeping in that room, for starters.   ;  )

Keep us posted. And if there's any other usual things going on in your life presently, let us know, maybe it can be figured in to this somehow.

Oh, and some here may suggest sleep paralysis. Or even an hallucination of one sort or another. That's just another way of eliminating all possibilities.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the forums, SuperMario!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 riverdawg

riverdawg

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:sasquatch enthusiast

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Probably for the best that it was a ghost and that you didn't have a slaughter on your hands... :starwars:

#8 SuperMario

SuperMario

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

The thing is I just moved here about a year ago. It's a small 1 bedroom house that's pretty old but the price was right. I thought it was someone that broke into my house because I never believed in paranormal stuff and their is a pretty shady house at the end of the street. I've been staying up till the sun comes up lately because I really don't want to wake up to something standing over me like that again. Also I'm not religious, if anything I believe in reincarnation. I still don't know what I would call it but it seemed pretty big like 6'5-6'7 and it was definitely in the shape of a person. When I tried to punch it, it moved very fast and kind of flowed like smoke if that makes any sense. When I was on the the floor looking up at it, it was blocking my doorway into the hall and in front of my light switch. My bed side light was on the opposite side of where I fell and at the time I was still thinking it was a real person in my room and didn't want to turn away from it. After I searched my house the first thought I had was that all those people claiming to be abducted by aliens may not be as crazy as I thought.

#9 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

There is also the possibility that what you experienced is not paranormal.
You may have been experiencing sleep paralysis and/or a hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucination. (I know the members here probably think I sound like a broken record, sorry) I would suggest you google those terms and read up on them, it might put your mind at ease.

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 25 May 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

There is also the possibility that what you experienced is not paranormal.
You may have been experiencing sleep paralysis and/or a hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucination. (I know the members here probably think I sound like a broken record, sorry) I would suggest you google those terms and read up on them, it might put your mind at ease.

:) No it is sound advice, it is always best to cover all possibilities.

As I have mentioned, I have never had a dark shadow person experience but I have woken to people in my bedroom. It scared the life out of me! They were riving around at the foot of my bed; I got out of bed and made my way to my partner. It was then that I realised I was still asleep, my partner was in his 20s AGAIN. I remember telling myself that I am dreaming and to wake up.

So good point!
Posted Image

#11 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,638 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Since it comes up so often as advice, maybe after the member posts about his/her haunting, a second post should automatically post stating... "Rule out sleep paralysis and/or a hypnopompic/hypnogagic hallucination before posting again." :)

Just kidding, but I do agree, it is one of many things to consider as a haunting is studied.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users