Are You A Believer?

• You cannot reply to this topic
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a believer? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you are believer?

1. Yes, I have experienced something paranormal (250 votes [79.11%])

Percentage of vote: 79.11%

2. Yes but I have never experienced anything paranormal (32 votes [10.13%])

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

3. Unsure, I am sitting on the fence (23 votes [7.28%])

Percentage of vote: 7.28%

4. There are things I cannot explain but I do not believe (8 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

5. There is no such thing as paranormal activity (3 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

Ya know, some people feel that orbs are not important because they are viewed as "just collections of energy", but that is what everything in existance is, "a collection of energy." So maybe it is important and maybe not, but look for the answers in your own heart and mind and take what others say into consideration and then, decide what you believe and I think you will do much better when it comes to sorting out the truth of the paranormal.

And Yes, I am a definately believer and I really do hope some of the things I say around here are helpful to others. Also, I agree with Vlawde, not everything we think of as paranormal is actually parnormal, (and I think the opposite holds true as well).

Peace,
Picture 541.gif
Ravenheart

EWWWWWWWWW! When I die, I am so coming back here to haunt this message board. muwhahahahaha!

My Signature

#22 Irish Mutts Girl

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:I like anything to do with the paranormal, watching scary movies, and just hanging out with my son and husband.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:01 AM

I am a believer. I have seen and expierenced many things that had no other explanation except the paranormal.
My Signature

Thanks SilentWalker for the neat sig

#23 Weston

Apport

• GS Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

I am a huge believer! I have had many experiences with the paranormal. I have recorded hours and hours of evps. I used to stick a tape recorder in my laundry room and when i played it back the next day there would be strange voices and unknown bangs! The creepiest one i recorded said "whisper turn out the light!" It said this in a very scary voice, and that's when i stopped putting the recorder in there. A recent event that happened that i can't explain. I was petting my dog late at night probably a little after midnight he was drinking some water, and my back porch door was opened, and then it suddenly made a loud bang sound. I was nowhere near the door! I went over to check it out, and nothing was there. It scared my dog he wouldn't go up to his bed!

#24 canadapara

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts, Travel, Paranormal studies, Geocaching

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

I am a believer for sure. I have felt and seen alot, too much for me to discount the other side as just a possibility.
My Signature

Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
Ottawa Valley, Greater Toronto Area
TAPS Family Member

#25 Hearse Freak

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:07 AM

I can not begin to explain the things I have seen and heard. I've taken some pictures with both digital and disposable cameras and I have captured things that look like human skulls, strange mist, orbs, and even shadows when I've had the flash on I have even cought a strange picture in the back of my hearse it was a boy with a clear expression he had his hair parted in the middle and sad eyes. That is the picture that is the most haunting. I don't know if it was just the flash against the glass but it looked too much like a person to dismiss. Over the years I have lost my photo album but I have desided to make a new one and I hope to capture some amazing photos. I am also going to try to collect some more EVP. The past EVP clips I've cought that accidentley got deleted were as fallowing EVP 1: "Goodnight" EVP 2 "go away" EVP 3 "F___ that" they were clear and almost all whispers. All were cought in or close to my parents house. Only one was cought in a "haunted" grave yard.  

The Hearse Freak

Edited by Hearse Freak, 18 May 2008 - 06:20 AM.

#26 visions4life

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Day dreaming, drawing,reading ghost stories, watching movies,planting,painting,music,video games,gem stones,writing to my spirit guides. I'm Sum 41's # 1 fan and they know that!!!

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

I believe in the paranormal. There's a time when I saw a green orb. I saw some spirits who used to protect me. There was a boy who dressed like the 1800's. He looked like he was kind of poor. His hands were on his pockets. There was a shadow of a boy with who looked like he was 9. I used to talk to them. They kept me up on night so I wanted them to leave. Now therir gone.

#27 AutumnWolf

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:+ video games
    the paranormal
    horror movies
    cloudy/windy days
    fall/winter
    vamps/weres
    pirates
    nightfall/the moon
    the orange color
    sour treats
    wolves/dogs
    writing short stories
    writing poetry
    drawing
    running
    music
    singing
    revising/editing
    anime
    manga
    ~Game(s) Currently Playing:
    -Rock Band (PS3)
    -Dynasty Warriors 6(PS3)
    -Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3)

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

I had my first paranormal experience at a young age and grew up listening to stories from my parents, relatives and friends. Of course, I will say that I don't believe everything I hear. Still, I keep an open mind in hope that it just might be true, if that makes any sense. So yes, I'm a believer.
My Signature

#28 GoldDogs

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

I'm a believer because I've had paranormal experiences.  But, I'm not someone who actively "looks" for something....or anything.  It pretty much has to hit me in the face, repeatedly, for me to even notice it.

In fact, it's always been others who notice something is "off" first.  Then I realize, "yep...I've seen/heard that", and then become consciously aware of the events which have been surrounding me for, sometimes, years laugh.gif

So....tuned in, I'm not.  But somehow I've still experienced some amazing things.

My Signature
Saving the life of one animal will not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal.

#29 Suzannah

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:History, theology, philosophy and classical literature. In other words: boring.<br /><br />

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

I'm active on a couple other boards, and this is my first post here, so I might as well make this one count and fess up:  I am a believer and but I wasn't always.  I am still a skeptic in the sense that I look for the rational explanations of everything first, and then ...well...ya know???

I grew up outside the USA, and did not come here to live until I was 27.  So I've been in culture shock for about 20 years.  
I have had many paranormal experiences:  distant relatives "showing up" in my home  the day they died, etc...people I had never actually met, but who were related to me through my parents...then I would describe to them what I saw and heard....
Oh well..no proof so no point in going on about it...But I did want to chime in and say (Beatles tune) I'm a beliiiiiiieeever!

Edited by Suzannah, 04 June 2008 - 08:20 AM.

My Signature
Ask not what your Pumpkin can do for you, ask what you can do for your pumpkin.

#30 Bulldogs_Ghost

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:31 PM

Yeah I am a believer..!! I have never witnessed an confirmed paranormal activity, but I have heard and seen some stuff I cannot explain..

*I have heard a galloping and 'neighing' horse while tending to my Nans grave..No horses anywhere around...Nearest horses I found where over 2 miles away..!!

*I have caught many 'orbs' on camera..Our daughter always seems to have one near her in most photos we take of her..

*I have heard sombody whisper my name in my ear whilst working at a local brewery..Said brewery was a very old building..I was in the bottling dept (very noisy) with ear plugs in, but could clearly hear sombody or somthing whisper my name in my ear...

*I somtimes feel what seems to be a hand being placed on my leg while sat at home..Nobody else near me..Very creepy..

Had a few more boring incidents...

Most of the above can probably be explained away, but I beleive they were paranormal experiences..

Edited by Bulldogs_Ghost, 31 May 2008 - 04:32 PM.

My Signature

#31 goldkelly

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

I believe.  I have had 2 personal experiences in my life.  I also believe that you need to open your mind to it.   So many possibilities ... so little time ....

#32 MiHay

Apport

• GS Member
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:27 AM

I am definitely a believer. I know that a lot of things can be explained,however, I have had a few experiences as have members of my family. Things that could not be explained so easily.

#33 gemini

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:00 AM

I grew up believing. I have seen to many things not to believe. When I was a child I thought everyone saw them. When I moved to the home we have now it had many spirits living in it. My family was not happy about this but learned to accept it as normal. My minister wanted to get rid of them and I refused. They were playful but they were not here to harm anyone. They were here before we were so by accepting them they accepted us. It didn't take long before they settled down and stoped trying to scare us away.

Once just before going to bed I was attacked by something very nasty. It wasn't just a spirit. It burst my bubble because I never believed anything could hurt me from the other side. It tried to strangle me and smelled very bad. I called on my higher power to make it go away. It left my neck burnt and raw. It took me a long time to get back to normal.

I believe somehow they are drown to me. Like they know they can comunicate with me. I have many gifts that I believe are known on the other side. When I cross over I fully intend on comming back and visiting my family. I will watch over them as I know my family are watching over me.

#34 Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

Greetings all,

Mine is the tale of a skeptic and atheist who wishes he could believe.  I am truly jealous of those that live in a larger, more interesting and more comforting world than I do.  Sadly, I cannot wish myself into being a believer.  I must be true to what my heart and head tell me is the right course.  The worst part of it is I was not always like this.  If you are not bored yet, read on and discover how I was transformed from happy believer to resigned skeptic.  It happened quite by accident.

When I was young, my mother, brother and I all believed to one extent or another in virtually any paranormal topic you can name.  We were also nominal Christians, but did not really go to church.

Edgar Casey, Atlantis, Bigfoot, ghosts, & UFOs were particular favorite reading topics of ours.  We even owned a complete set of the "Man Myth & Magic" encyclopedia and my brother and I just about wore them out.  I just knew that with all the witnesses and evidence, all these things had to be true.  I even had some “paranormal” experiences myself; a couple of out-of-body experiences, and a strange encounter with a ghost late one night in lonely wooded spot.

In our teens, my brother and I made a hot air balloon and launched it one warm summer night.  Little did I realize we were also launching ourselves on the path to dreary, boring enlightenment.  That balloon, glowing in the night sky, caused a UFO scare in our town.  Reading of it in the paper the next day, we were amazed at the extraordinary abilities that the eyewitnesses bestowed upon our little balloon.  Naturally, we immediately built and launched three more!  By the time the “invasion” was over, we had racked up a respectable amount of press coverage and enough amazed eyewitness reports to give Area 51 a run for their money.  All that from a couple of little balloons.  We attached little significance to it at the time aside from the fun of a prank well played, but I did have this nagging little thought; the eyewitnesses had been completely convinced that our balloons had flown in formation, shot missiles, done impossible acrobatics and flown away at incredible speeds.  How could they have been so wrong, and yet believe so strongly in what they were saying?  I thought about it a lot as I grew to adulthood.

The balloon incident notwithstanding, I was still a true believer in all things paranormal.  I turned eighteen, graduated high school & joined the navy.  As I pursued my new life as an adult, both my desire to really understand these things and my reading spectrum grew with me.  I began to read books having to do with science, logic and critical thinking.  I realized from my reading that “evidence” and “proof” are not the same things.  I came to understand the difference between subjective and objective reasoning.  I discovered alternative explanations for my own paranormal experiences. Though it all, I kept thinking of those earnest reports from sane, honest people that had turned a child’s toy into an extraterrestrial craft.  I then knew that I had to look beyond my own wants & feelings if I were to see the truth.  

I was still reading voraciously about the paranormal, but it all seemed much less plausible to me now. I witnessed the rise of the ghost hunters and thought “Hey, the scientific approach!” After looking at their methods, I was quickly disillusioned.  I generally became aware that other than personal experience, there is not a single scrap of objective proof for anything paranormal.  I do not discount the eyewitness testimony or personal experiences.  I wholeheartedly believe that people who report such things have had very real, profoundly moving experiences.  I do not think they are crazy or foolish.  I simply have come to the understanding that we humans are subject to mental processes that make us prone to misinterpret events.  After a few more years of hanging on, I eventually “gave up the ghost” and admitted to myself I was a skeptic.  The tattered remains of my religious beliefs quickly followed suit.

These days, I live in a drab world where the aliens, Bigfoot, ghosts and goblins have all long departed.  If some real concrete proof of any of these things were to surface, no person in the world would be happier than me.  Until then, I content myself with finding the meaning of existence in my family and friends and I pass the time with my hobbies. Those hobbies being: history, painting, vintage toys, old monster movies and my most favorite of all, anything paranormal.

Regards, Canis

P.S. if anybody actually made it all the way through this mess, you get a prize!  The prize is knowing better next time!  :-)

Edited by caniswalensis, 19 June 2008 - 08:07 PM.

#35 Jhaxe

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

I chose that I am a believer and that I have had a paranormal experience.

There's only one major paranormal experience I've had, as I don't actually pursue paranormal activity due to my paranoia, but that one experience no longer frightens me.

When I was about 8, my cousin and I were "ghost hunting", just one of those things you do as kids, and of course, we didn't find anything.

So we stopped at her house and took a break. I went to use the bathroom down the hallway, nothing abnormal there, until I walked back up the hallway and happened to take a look into her room.

There, on the bed, was a man I'd never seen before...looking right at me...

His image is still vivid in my mind today...dark brown hair, light skin, blue eyes, a dark blue sweater, a pair of black dress pants, and black dress shoes...

It wasn't just from the corner of my eye either...I stared and he stared back for a few seconds...and I was frozen to the spot...

I'm actually kinda sad I had the nerve to run away after a few seconds.

I wonder what would've happened if I'd stayed...

And of course, no one believed me...but hey...that's life for ya...

Edited by Jhaxe, 19 June 2008 - 11:52 AM.

My Signature
[ You win, this is the first time I've never been able to think of a signature... ]

#36 jsick

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

I belive in ghosts or demons or what ever ive seen one when i was 5 and didnt talk for three days my mother said. it was at my great grandmas house. from the stories i herd my greatgrandmas kids ( my  great aunts) messed with wiji boards and witchcraft. that could be the reason why there was ghosts their. that is my first incounter ive had four but this is the first and it has made me a believer.

#37 Ghoul87

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

I am somewhere between "unsure" and "there are unexplained things but I do not believe". Just because we get voices on tape and mists in photos does not mean that human spirits still exist after death, we have NO idea what it could be, it's typical arrogant human behavior for people to be marching around with camcorders and thermometers, claiming they know 100% what is going on.

I am very happy with my current level of belief because it helps to be a SKEPTIC. Too many people are OVERLY EAGER to believe, they drool over orb photos on a daily basis, and just make themselves look bad. I could have a ghost slap me in the face and I'd still look for a different explanation.

#38 iamshe

Apport

• GS Member
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with water!!!!!!

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:25 AM

I always believed in ghost... But nothing ever happened to me untill I lost 7 people I knew in the last 8 months.  That's when some weird stuff started.

#39 ScareCrow

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

Living or dead, sinner or saint, i believe phantoms young and old fill the skys.
Streaming lines and orbs of energy roaming the earth endlessly, aching for the attention or touch of a caring hand. Even at times lifting the masquerade, re-veiling the madness from a world not  yet seen. Yes, I Believe Picture 541.gif

My Signature

#40 Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

Paranormal occurences are for sure not a fantasy. I have seen and experienced things that I know 100% were something not of this demension and not of natural orgin as we know it. There are ALOT of questions that I want answers for, a prime example is can they see us all of the time, or do they catch glimpses like we do? What do THEY see when they look into one of our mirrors, or through the lens of a camera? I mean, the possibilities are endless, and we currently haven't even scratched the surface scientifically, and we may never advance on a scientific level, because they are not of natural orgin. They are disembodied spirits, and something else needs to give other than the technology we currently have and the methods we are using. In a nutshell, I believe in the paranormal because of experiences I've had, not because someone told me a ghost story......
My Signature

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com