Free Skins
© Fisana

Are You A Believer?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a believer? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you are believer?

1. Yes, I have experienced something paranormal (250 votes [79.11%])

Percentage of vote: 79.11%

2. Yes but I have never experienced anything paranormal (32 votes [10.13%])

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

3. Unsure, I am sitting on the fence (23 votes [7.28%])

Percentage of vote: 7.28%

4. There are things I cannot explain but I do not believe (8 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

5. There is no such thing as paranormal activity (3 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Guest_Silent Walker_*

Guest_Silent Walker_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

Well, gotta say that the results are pretty conclusive so far....

#42 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(Silent Walker @ Jul 11 2008, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, gotta say that the results are pretty conclusive so far....

You sure are right about that.

Not too surprising though.  After all, we are on a paranormal forum and most people that believe do so because of a personal experience.

To me, the best part of this thread is not the poll, but everyone's wonderful posts about thier experiences, opinions and theories.

Same goes for the Ouija board thread.

Canis

#43 jlee

jlee

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

I've been psychic all my life.  I know there is a world (many levels) of things humans often choose not to see/acknowledge/allow, etc.

I enjoy using the science of debunking, with a very natural human psychic ability.

#44 hauntedtony

hauntedtony

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

Yes I am a believer, and Yes  have experienced spirits... I have a family history both.

#45 Spirit_Ewe

Spirit_Ewe

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 264 posts
  • Interests:I have a huge amount of interests, I work part time and have a lot of time to persue them. I am also studying psychology part time, hoping to get into criminology.Reading and travel are my two most time consuming past times. I read a lot about criminal behaviour, the unexplained, paranormal phenomina and the natural world. I have also travelled all over my country, which I love and never get tired of seeing.Later this year I am marrying the love of my life, whom I met on an online web site :)

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

I have no trouble believeing in my two (out of oh so many potential opportunities) paranormal encounters.

Its everyone elses evidence I have trouble believeing - the sceptic in me often wins smile.gif

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.

John Muir

#46 Jamie_ayla

Jamie_ayla

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 06:33 AM

I've grown up a believer. I was raised with my family telling me that these things exist. Personally I've never felt that anything has happened in my my life that can't be explained away-but my family is another story.

#47 IsisoftheGarden

IsisoftheGarden

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:38 AM

Yes, I believe in ghosts and have experienced some things that have no other explanations.

#48 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:38 AM

but SOMETHING is happening - whether we have had personal experiences or not - an energy IS manifesting - i mean

we used to believe lightening was the anger of the gods...

for lightening to happen certain conditions have to be present

can we apply that logic to the nature of supernatural manifestations?
Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#49 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

I listed myself as a believer, but with an explanation.  I consider myself a believer because I have had personal experiences with the paranormal.  

I think, however, that so many people WANT to experience something paranormal so desperately that they think every photographic anomaly, every strange sound, every little glitch that happens, is something ghostly.

With regard to the television programs mentioned, I tend to feel the same way about all but Ghost Hunters.  The TAPS team has turned up some very compelling evidence, and they have also debunked some things that looked for all the world like they were truly paranormal.  Like Vlawde, I have a great deal of respect for them and I think that they really are looking for the truth and aren't just trying to convince people that everything they investigate is paranormal.

Elle  

#50 ghost_chazer

ghost_chazer

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:music, dark things, the paranormal, cemetaries, unicorns, movies, serial killers...etc.

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:51 AM

i agree, i think we tend to jump to saying that its a ghost or paranormal without stepping back and looking at the situation, as if we were an outsider and didnt witness it ourselves. but then again if we go by its most raw definition of paranormal...than anything above the norm, anything we cant explain...then maybe paranormal occurances happen more often than we think. so many people do just at anything and say...oh that was a ghost...or that was paranormal....but what about all the little things we overlook...that are paranormal and we didnt even see them....?
what if everytime you thought you saw something......you really did...

#51 Marstalas's Chaos Dreams

Marstalas's Chaos Dreams

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:My ferrets (Dib, Gir, Max, Holly Golighty, and Mortos der Soul Stealer) Film, music, and lots of other things.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:16 PM

I feel comforted in knowing I'm not the only person out there that believes, yet is a big skeptic. People around me are either hardcore everything has something paranormal going on; or don't believe at all. I was skeptical about joining a paranormal forum, because I didn't want to talk to people that believed everything to be paranormal. I like how this forum is a balance of logic and paranormal.

"It's times like this that you crave the strange. It helps make the world make more sense. It makes the crazy normal, and the unreal real. Because, the unthinkable, without it...all you've got left is reality."

Derek Barnes, Freakylinks

#52 kerri22

kerri22

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

I would think all of us have to believe somewhat. Why else would we be on here?  Picture 562.gif

#53 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE(kerri22 @ Aug 21 2008, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would think all of us have to believe somewhat. Why else would we be on here?  Picture 562.gif

There are one or two hard-core skeptics in this thread, and they have stated that they're mainly on the board to help us better distinguish false positives (things that can be debunked/explained naturally) from the as-yet-unexplained things.  But yes, the vast majority of us are believers in the paranormal to some degree...or at least open to the possibility of the supernatural.

#54 kathrinekat

kathrinekat

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:43 AM

As I am beginning seeing spirits. I personally know that some part of it is real. So it is no longer something I believe in, but know.

Edited by kathrinekat, 25 August 2008 - 08:36 AM.

When enough of us reunite with the light of the higher I AM presence from WITHIN. That is when there will be Heaven on Earth

#55 ganondork

ganondork

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

Yes, I have experienced something paranormal.

Interesting results. smile.gif

#56 mizkitty

mizkitty

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:58 AM

I have personally been a believer my entire life. I was raised with the attitude that not all things are known to us or explainable by our technology. I have always accepted that we don't know everything about the world we live in or even the full abilities of our own minds and bodies. I feel "supernatural" is a bit of a misnomer. I think many unexplained happenings are perfectly natural, just not commonplace or readily accepted by society. I also know it is human nature to be logical and skeptical, so I completely understand why someone else might not believe, especially if they have never had an experience personally. I do, however, believe in the law of attraction. If you believe in something it is more likely to happen to you then to some one who doesn't believe.

#57 cryptid

cryptid

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:03 PM

I'm also having a hard time deciding what option in the poll best fits my beliefs on the matter.

When I was younger (wow, I hate typing that), I believed whole-heartedly in the paranormal. But now I'm a little older, possibly a little wiser, and definitely less naive; I find myself much more sceptical on this subject.

So I suppose I would have to say I'm a sceptic, but I'm open to possibilities. I prefer to seek out natural or normal explanations for paranormal experiences, and not just jump on the supernatural bandwagon immediately as I used to do.

In other words, I can accept that weird things happen...but it doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a rational explanation.

#58 ghostgirl9308

ghostgirl9308

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:10 AM

I believe in paranormal, I have had experiences, but at the same time I look for logical explanations as well. Still there's no doubt, I've experienced it, I believe, I just don't believe too quickly. I was watching most haunted almost live, yeah that stuff was 99.9% crud "I hear thumping" yeah well you and your camera guys are moving around in an old house, of course you'd hear thumping. TAPS is pretty good, I'll buy into their stuff a bit quicker but still, the talking dude made this one episode out to be scarier then it really was and my sister who's afraid of almost anything was watching that episode with me, she jumped at the slightest of noises. Then the girls freaked out over a big bug...personally I thought they should have told the woman that. After all, I'd like to know there's a larger then normal bug in my attic.
It's sad when I can tell how old this account was by my signature. Although the 08 at the end was also a big tip. I was 15 when I made this account, I'm 20 now, don't judge me by old posts. I've grown up.

#59 Kate_78

Kate_78

Feeler of the Shoes

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Anything with Orlando Bloom, Leonardo DiCaprio, or Dean Cain hehe.
    Music, anything....Country, soft rock, rock,
    Kids, I have 2 of them now ;)
    Reading, I love to read but, don't b/c if I do I'll loose what little sleep I don't get.
    Writing, I
    Kate.

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hi,
Mind if I jump in here?  I voted for Yes, I do believe and have experienced the Paranormal.
I also try to be a little bit of a skeptic too and look for logical reasons too.
We live in an old house, that's remodeled and use to be the School House Cafeteria a long, long, long time ago.
I've seen and heard things here as well as my Oldest daughter, but, I try and look for the logical side too.

As for the Paranormal shows, I agree that they tend to Ham things up a bit as well for whoever said that for ratings wink.gif like AHaunting and all does I'm sure.  I'm sure some of that stuff happened but, they probably dramatize it up a bit as well.
Take Care guys,
Kate.

Posted Image

#60 hixenbj

hixenbj

EVP

• GS Member
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading and an interest in ghosts.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

I've always believed that there were paranormal things that happened but never experienced anything myself exactly. However, after my mother died, several things happened that I knew had to be her. Not to me but to other members of my family.

After all, Jesus was a spirit before he ascended to heaven. I also believe everyone has a guardian angel.
It's not what goes into your mouth, but what comes out of it that defiles you ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users