• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Phazoning

Phazoning

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Hello,I have a little question, may one of you have the answer for this one. It has been almost 10 months since my grandmother (which id 91 y.o. currently) claims she has this kind of night visitors (ones which I cannot it was just have possibly have any clue of because I sleep like a dozen logs at night).

At first, it was her first husband, deceased more than 50 years ago, who came with a message in the like of "prepare for your trip". Actually, it isn't bad, in our ulture that kind of situations are quite usual and it only means that the person who is receiving the visit is going to depart soon from this world. Still, some nights ago she was visited by an old friend (which I have met while she was still alive) and delivered a message like "we all dress in black here". I am utterly startled by this, because I feel it to be waaaay too far from a slighly positive message, and I want to know your think about this. Also, I haven't discarded that my grandma is going nanners, but it's something which I want to discard in the last place.

Thank you very much for reading!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

Ok, I hope I understand your question correctly.

So your Grandma is having visits from a passed loved one and an old friend and you are concerned because the friend said, "They dress in black" on the other side. Did your Grandma seem concerned when she was telling you about her friend? Maybe her old friend is on a lower level in the afterlife and they need to work through that level before they can move onto the next level.  Did the friend say anything else?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Phazoning

Phazoning

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:44 AM

Her friend didn't say anything else, for what I have heard from her (she is usually quite calm when talking about this). Still, in case she is on a lower level, I think it's too ominous to say something such as that, even if they have to work through it. Usually, in this kind of situations the message is something along the lines of "dont worry" or "it's peaceful here"

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:03 AM

Personally, if the worst that happened in the afterlife was we dress in black there, I wouldn't be too worried but that is me. I am glad your Grandma was calm and doesn't appear to have any concerns about the conversations.

Yes, it would be better if the message was "it's peaceful here". Sometimes messages are ambiguous and we can only guess at their meaning. I honestly don't think they dress in black; at least not from what I have seen or heard.
Posted Image

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

Was her friend of Asian descent? If so, I would not be too concerned. To the Chinese black clothing is for joyous occasions, such as weddings. Whereas in funerals they wear white.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Phazoning

Phazoning

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:17 AM

Actually my grandma's friend is way afar of any kind of eastern culture, so that kind of sentence just makes it bad as hell, as black is usually associated with selfish, violent entities

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:02 AM

View PostPhazoning, on 22 May 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Actually my grandma's friend is way afar of any kind of eastern culture, so that kind of sentence just makes it bad as hell, as black is usually associated with selfish, violent entities

Yes, but we are talking about a colour of clothing. I understand a lot of religious clothing can also be black for both genders. You said your Grandma was calm so she didn't feel like it was an ominous message. It wasn't a shadow person that your Grandma didn't recognise and was fearful of. Maybe it is like a mourning period but for the spirits.Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

It doesn't sound like something to be too concerned about, and some good reflections from our other members here on the choice of black clothing :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

Maybe Black is the new White for ghosts this season :Picture 562:
- siguie -

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy