#21 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

:lol: Yeah 'cuz that's gonna happen :rofl:

Anywhow you can get 5pcs $3.75 and 1pcs $0.99 from ebay and those prices include shipping from China. Of course I would link to those webpages but apparently this place cannot handle some of the characters being used ... srrsly ... :headlbash:

Well I guess you can try looking for "usb led 5pcs" on ebay and you might get lucky.

Anywho add in a $1 Dollar Tree power bank and you have a touch sensitive light for $2 or less :good:

The supercapcitors have way more potential :yes: but I'm pretty sure that's gonna be above most ghost hunters geek level :sigh:

Oh and since I made the video the supercap charger is now solar powered and in a lovely 3D printed magnet lock enclosure  :evil:

I also replaced my car battery with supercaps and it's AWESOME. I just have a little $40 backup battery instead of the $150 stoopid toyota replacement battery :kick:

Did I mention supercaps is probably above most ghost hunters geek level? :hug:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#22 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

"Supercaps"! Yes you have mentioned it :rofl: This noob is googling them :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#23 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:29 PM

Good for you :yes: BUT t's kind of a big and technical topic :hug:

Here this is a guy I subscribe to on youtube {lasersaber} and he's the one that got me interested in supercaps. I replaced my cars battery with what he calls a "mini Boost Cap" there is also a bigger more powerful version.

My systems uses a more compact form factor but is 6x350F capacitors and instead of a Lithium Iron Phosphate hybrid with PCM I bought a cheap $40 walmart battery to hook in series because 5 years ago when I did this it was cheaper and easier to setup.

This is mine and the Blue box is my "boost cap" ...

Posted Image

In my touch lamp video I'm using one 2.7V 500F supercap which is actually larger than what is used to start my car.

One thang to keep in mind is that supercapacitors can discharge completely all at once BOOM but they can also recharge very quickly ... just seconds if you want to push it or slightly safer at about a minute :yes:

Oh and the ability to go BOOM means I can weld thangs :bunny:
- siguie -

#24 Ladydi

Ladydi

EVP

• GS Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

What a good idea using a touch lamp!  I hope it works for you!