Compromising Your Values & Integrity

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted Today, 08:37 PM

The term reality tv is mostly misleading. I like your label, paradrama, lol. To answer in short, No amount of money could induce me to take part in misleading viewers. If I am requested to act, then lets do a fictional movie or series where the audience knows what they are tuning into. Just me though. I been told I take certain things too serious and also that I put way too much thought into things.

#22 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,379 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted Today, 10:27 PM

View PostEVP, on 22 January 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

I've watched 3 days of filming that turned into a 21 minute segment from a major network. When you first start out, individual creative control isn't in your favor. Your choices are to do it their way or not to do it at all. Once you become established, there may a small level of control in how the show is scripted. Unless you are a producer/director creative control isn't in your court.

Tom Selleck was recently quoted, the series Jesse Stone was his love child. He has a large hand in production and he directs this mini series now. The series means everything to him and he's determined to produce the best he can and take his time doing it. Prior to this, he said as an actor, he had little creative direction despite loving the series. Now he has that control he never had previously.

This topic was posted because of a film opportunity. I decided against my participation in the project. At my age, my integrity is all I have. Some of the compromises were against my values.

Thanks once again for everyone's participation. It helped shape my final decision. Money can't buy my dignity.

I had a feeling it was something like this that led to you asking the question. This is the right decision for you!
Posted Image