#1 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:19 AM

How much do you think the Federal Government know about UFO's

Gen. Wesley Clark - Has He Been Briefed About UFOs?

NO Alien Contact
Be Good!

#2 ghostfanuk

ghostfanuk

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:16 PM

I dunno about them supposedly having contact and making deals and such but i think they know more than they let on.

#3 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist
  • Interests:Showing up to work on time.

Posted 06 November 2004 - 04:09 PM

I think they know alot.

#4 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 06 November 2004 - 06:01 PM

I think they know way more than they let us beleive they do.

#5 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:37 AM

I think the government knows a lot about many things. Ufo's, just being one of the many things. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, but I do think there are many things that we dont know exist, that the government knows about.

#6 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 07 November 2004 - 06:53 AM

I agree with you there. I think we are kept in the dark about a lot of things.

#7 IsisoftheGarden

IsisoftheGarden

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(corvette1972 @ Nov 7 2004, 09:37 AM)
I think the government knows a lot about many things. Ufo's, just being one of the many things. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, but I do think there are many things that we dont know exist, that the government knows about.
View Post

I think I agree with this as well.  But I also think it's for our own protection.  People today can't accept their own species, let alone a superior or other sort of lifeform.

But the question I have is... if they really do know a heck of a lot more than they let on, is that between ALL governments.  The US is great and all, but I think aliens wouldn't limit themselves to just here.  So would everyone be in on the secret or what?

#8 Guest_evppimp17_*

Guest_evppimp17_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2004 - 04:58 PM

i think that they know a WHOLE lot more then we even think.  There is some serious cover ups going on.

#9 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:13 PM

I would think all governments have their cover ups and the such.

#10 Shadow Gh0st

Shadow Gh0st

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff

ghosts,sports,web design

thats the short version

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

i think the goverment is hiding stuff from us. they are hiding it only cuz they dont want 2 scare us.

#11 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:12 AM

Sort of the men in black movie scenerio, lol. I do think the government may feel certain things would be more harmful then helpfull to allow us to know, but I also think they keep things from us that we really need to know.

#12 drunken_alien

drunken_alien

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:07 PM

I think they know more then us, but just what aliens want them to know. If they exist of course smile.gif

#13 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:30 PM

I seriously believe that the government know a lot more than what they are letting on that they know. But I think that DrunkenAlien hit the nail on the head when they said that the government only knows what the alien want us to know! wink.gif

#14 scuba

scuba

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:29 PM

People today can't accept their own species, let alone a superior or other sort of lifeform.

Very true Isis.

if they really do know a heck of a lot more than they let on, is that between ALL governments. The US is great and all, but I think aliens wouldn't limit themselves to just here. So would everyone be in on the secret or what?

There must be information they are willing to share with one another but only to an extent. I am sure all governments keep some of this information to themselves in a bid to stay ahead of the game.
"Saying nothing sometimes says the most."

-Emily Dickinson-
user posted image

#15 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

I agree they would prolly share the info with close allies.

#16 Lianachan

Lianachan

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:49 AM

The idea that the government know about UFO's and are keeping secrets about them is a brilliant, self-perpetuating smoke screen within which pretty much anything can be tried and denied.

Lianachan
(secretive (UK) government employee)
I apologise unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#17 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:01 AM

that is a good point I suppose. I think the government has the power to just about do anything.

#18 ladybug

ladybug

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

I think the Gov't knows about ufo's/aliens.  I also feel that there are some people that could not handle knowing these things and would probably panic and start some new hunting season.  (especially the rednecks where i live)

#19 Lianachan

Lianachan

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Nov 11 2004, 05:01 PM)
that is a good point I suppose. I think the government has the power to just about do anything.
View Post

Indeed.  Hypothetical situation that shows how it works:

New secret experimental aircraft spotted in the sky by the public.

Public ask military "Wow, is that yours?"

Military say "What? No, there's nothing there".

Public say "Well it must be a UFO"

Military lean forward, tapping the side of their nose with their finger and say:

"Don't be silly, there's no such things as UFO's"

Public wink back and say "Ah, gotcha".

That is, more or less, how I see the whole UFO/gov conspiracy thing.
I apologise unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, was in no way fair comment and was motivated purely by malice. I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#20 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 06:27 AM

I agree to some extent. I think some UFO sightings are legit but many are the result of aircraft unfamilar to the general public.