• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 01 September 2016 - 03:37 PM, said:

Well Fordzilla, will you tell us about this??? It sounds really good!

Not really.  It was very late at night, and I was lying in bed, and I saw a whispy white flitting image of an arm swing by the open doorway in the hall, as an arm would normally swing at your side during a normal walking stride.  
    I've had a number of experiences as an adult.
    The wife and I also caught an apparition in a photo on the Queen Mary which was posted here.  I also caught a face peering over the transom at the Saint James Hotel, though not everyone see it... could simply be matrixing.
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#42 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Thank you!! When you saw it did you feel like it just belonged there in that place? Like 2 different times brushing against each other as they pass by? I don't know how else to word it to make it sound less stupid on my part.

#43 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:28 year law enforcement officer. My wife and I call ourselves "paranormal tourists." That is, we make a pastime of travelling to famous haunts and investigating/staying/visiting. We take tons of photos (Search my name on this forum to see some of them, including at least two apparitions we captured) but we NEVER attempt contact or communication.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:44 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 01 September 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

Thank you!! When you saw it did you feel like it just belonged there in that place? Like 2 different times brushing against each other as they pass by? I don't know how else to word it to make it sound less stupid on my part.

Which?  You mean the arm swinging by?  No, I found it a bit disturbing.
"There are chords in the hearts of men which cannot be touched without emotion.  Even with the utterly lost, to whom both life and death are jest, there are some matters about which no jest can be made."- Edgar Allen Poe

#44 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

View Postfordzilla, on 01 September 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

Not really.  It was very late at night, and I was lying in bed, and I saw a whispy white flitting image of an arm swing by the open doorway in the hall, as an arm would normally swing at your side during a normal walking stride.  
    I've had a number of experiences as an adult.
    The wife and I also caught an apparition in a photo on the Queen Mary which was posted here.  I also caught a face peering over the transom at the Saint James Hotel, though not everyone see it... could simply be matrixing.

Oh brother, I'm about to get nosy.  I don't find it unusual for abilities (you said you didn't have any.  Ha!) to run in families.  That's right, passed on from grandparents, sons/daughters, right on down the branches of a family's tree.  Have you never wondered?  I'm wondering.  lol  And then I've continued on to wonder if a great grandparent was Native American?  Culture would be passed on.

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 01 September 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

Not stupid, Michelle.  The unknown or hauntings can be difficult to put into words.

View Postfordzilla, on 02 September 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

Which?  You mean the arm swinging by?  No, I found it a bit disturbing.

Soooo, nothing prior to this alerted you to the fact that something was afoot?  Was this in the house where the "Rain Men" were?  You were young?  Older?  You were ghost hunting? lol  Is your wife a "sensitive".  Indulge me.  And give us another paranormal event that has occurred.  Thank you!!

#45 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostMenet, on 02 September 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

Oh brother, I'm about to get nosy.  I don't find it unusual for abilities (you said you didn't have any.  Ha!) to run in families.  That's right, passed on from grandparents, sons/daughters, right on down the branches of a family's tree.  Have you never wondered?  I'm wondering.  lol  And then I've continued on to wonder if a great grandparent was Native American?  Culture would be passed on.
By the time I saw "the arm" we had left the "rainmen" house long behind us.  No, I don't believe I'm a sensitive, and no, I am half German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Lithuanian.  3rd generation of Italians born here, family name is Moscato, and yes, that's the same family that owns the vineyards and wineries.  

View PostMenet, on 02 September 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

Soooo, nothing prior to this alerted you to the fact that something was afoot?  Was this in the house where the "Rain Men" were?  You were young?  Older?  You were ghost hunting? lol  Is your wife a "sensitive".  Indulge me.  And give us another paranormal event that has occurred.  Thank you!!
No, not really, nothing prior, not in that house.  When I was younger, my mother screwed around with spiritualism and held seances with a "group" in a previous house, so we had all kinds of garbage in that house.
Yes, I think my wife is sensitive to this stuff, she experiences far more and is touched on occasion.  I think women in general are more sensitive.
We have a pastime as "paranormal tourists."  We go to a lot of alleged haunted locations, take tours, stay at the Bed and Breakfasts, haunted hotels, etc.  We never make any attempt to make contact or communicate, but we take a lot of photos and explore as much as possible.
When my wife and I bought our first house, we were moving in and she was setting up my daughters' bedroom.  (They were both staying primarily out of state w/ mom at the time and I had joint custody, so they came for summers and other holidays) She was poked in the back when she was alone in the room, not once, but twice.  She was terrified, but didn't tell me.  
I'm an insomniac, and I would hear a lot of noises in the kitchen at night from our bedroom.  I assumed it was noises associated with a 40+ year old house initially, and me not being used to the old house's sounds.  Then, one night, about 15 minutes after we had gone to bed, I clearly heard an old woman cackling loudly from the kitchen, just like the witches in the cinematic portrayals.  I immediately snapped my neck to look at my wife, with the "Did you hear that?" look, but she was already asleep.  She's a big fraidy cat, and I didn't want her scared to be alone (I do shift work) so I didn't tell her until much later.
One night, when the girls were visiting, after I'd put them to bed, my wife and I were sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV.  Suddenly, I felt a heavy thump on the side of the couch  my left arm was resting upon.  I immediately assumed one of the kids was screwing around and had slid on the floor into the couch to mess with me, and I looked down over the arm of the couch, then behind.  The kids were in bed, and nothing was around.  This was a thump that jolted the couch and my whole body.  I summarily cast them out after that and all was quiet thereafter.

Edited by fordzilla, 18 April 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#46 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:17 AM

View Postfordzilla, on 02 September 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

By the time I saw "the arm" we had left the "rainmen" house long behind us.  No, I don't believe I'm a sensitive, and no, I am half German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Lithuanian.  3rd generation of Italians born here, family name is Moscato, and yes, that's the same family that owns the vineyards and wineries.  

No, not really, nothing prior, not in that house.  When I was younger, my mother screwed around with spiritualism and held seances with a "group" in a previous house, so we had all kinds of garbage in that house.

Garbage?  As in things you heard others talking about or just an odd assortment of hauntings?

#47 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:25 AM

View Postfordzilla, on 02 September 2016 - 08:13 AM, said:

Yes, I think my wife is sensitive to this stuff, she experiences far more and is touched on occasion.  I think women in general are more sensitive.
    We have a pastime as "paranormal tourists."   We never make any attempt to make contact or communicate, but we take a lot of photos and explore as much as possible.

Well, I don't know.  You seem to be well enough aware.  And I love that descript, "Paranormal Tourists".  Me neither with the contact or communication.  That's beyond my kind of involvement.

So, do you still reside at the haunted location?

#48 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

To the OP, reading this has slightly freaked me out lol, I have no idea what it could have been, Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story.

To the OP, reading this has slightly freaked me out lol, I have no idea what it could have been, Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story.
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

#49 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostMenet, on 02 September 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Garbage?  As in things you heard others talking about or just an odd assortment of hauntings?
   The usual garbage you drag into your home when you talk to demons in seances or playing with spirit boards.  Dark, demonic garbage.

View PostMenet, on 02 September 2016 - 09:25 AM, said:

Well, I don't know.  You seem to be well enough aware.  And I love that descript, "Paranormal Tourists".  Me neither with the contact or communication.  That's beyond my kind of involvement.

So, do you still reside at the haunted location?
   I'm a police officer, so my situational awareness is there, and I tend to devour info on the subject matter.  Yes, we have no desire to commune with the demonic.  
   No, we no longer reside at any of the haunted locations.

#50 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 04:20 AM

View Postfordzilla, on 02 September 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

I'm a police officer, so my situational awareness is there, and I tend to devour info on the subject matter.

"Situational Awareness".  I like that descript.  You've got some good ones.  How often do you pour over reports from other areas in your state and those interesting enough to garner your attention in the U.S.  I think what I'm getting at is: is there an X Files department within the law enforcement community that isn't really a department at all yet you all know who you are and send out the red flags when something interesting occurs?

#51 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:04 AM

Sorry I took so long to reply, I didn't get an email notification on your last post.
  I guess I read whatever I come across, whenever I come across; I also BINGE on the paranormal TV shows on my nights off every weekend, reading books, surfing articles on the net, etc.   No, not an X Files department; actually, I take a lot of ribbing over my "belief" in the paranormal, though there are a lot in LE who are interested in this sort of thing and more than a handful investigating.  If you look  at the website of OKPRI, you'll see that Christy Clark, the group's founder, has an LE background, and actually worked at a sheriff's office with a coworker of mine.  She and her group have been featured on a number of TV shows including Ghost Hunters, and a few episodes of A Haunting.  A couple of my coworkers are into it.  (One is actually a Wiccan.)   Interestingly, despite my agency being relatively small, I've worked with five officers who claim to have had sightings of Bigfoot.

#52 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

Posted about this topic on my Facebook paranormal group, and others were asking for a sketch.
Didn't want to spend too much time on this, but I did this tonight to give an idea of what I saw. In the interest of saving time, I drew one of the figures instead of the whole scene; in the upper right corner is an "aerial" view of the figures, showing how they were situated on the slab and the way my dad kept the chairs angled.

Attached Files

#53 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

Fordzilla... can you please reduce your "interests list" to about two regular size paragraphs? It's just way to distracting.

I hope you understand.

--------------
Jim
Paranormalsoup.com, Owner

#54 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

Your younger self and brother perceived the 'costume' or 'dress' but not the actual article. The figures you saw represent others.

#55 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:55 PM

wow is it ever!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#56 moonstone17

moonstone17

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:43 PM

It made me more curious when someone mentioned that it might be a Pagan deity.

#57 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

In nature-based polytheism, 'Rain Men' belong to the category of deities associated with Spring (and Spring fertility festivals tied to planting and crops), who's responsibilities include the 'impregnation' of the land...

Crops sleep in the dirt until conditions are right. They do not sprout in dry dust. 'Mother Earth' does not bear fruit under solely the gaze of 'the Father' (the Sun)... she needs rain, male 'rain'. You follow?

The Green Man, green masculine figures in general, and all manner of Horned Ones ('horny' ones) are popular symbolic representations of the masculine generative half of nature, and so are closely tied with the growing of crops and figure prominently in Spring celebrations. Straw hats, long before they became fashionable for other classes or for performers to wear, were worn by workers in the fields. Canes, besides being walking aids and also the props of showmen, are phallic masculine symbols and so symbols of male fertility... their ancient equivalent being the ox goad, which, again, besides their immediate practical applications were also used as symbols of male fertility / male generative power - i.e. a phallus (specifically, one based on the long banana of the ox/bull)

#58 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

"Interest lists?"

#59 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

It's the list you typed in your profile and it shows up in every one of your posts.

For instance... look to the left of this post of mine, under the green ghost. It shows Gender, Location and Interests.

But it looks like you already took care of it.  ;)

#60 fordzilla

fordzilla

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:10 AM

Nah.  It was someone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users