• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 raybez59

raybez59

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

I just wanted to ask for some opinions. I grew up in a house that several people swear was haunted, but I had no abnormal experiences in the 15 years I lived there. Others reported moving objects, seeing someone who wasn't there to seeing something that wasn't human. But, I saw or heard nothing out of the ordinary.
Now I like to travel around the country working with my photo business. When I travel I usually stay in vacation homes rather than hotels. And generally I have been very happy with the places I have stayed. But then....
Recently I rented a home in central Florida for a few days with a friend and her kids. Great place. The kids had plenty of privacy and a great pool to keep them occupied. The location was very private and very clean.
The night we arrived, we settled in ok. The kids played in the pool until late then we packed off to bed. My room was separate, a master suite on the garage end of the house. My friend and kids were on the other end of the house with a living area and kitchen between. During the night, I was awakened several times with what I can best describe as someone getting close to my ear and saying "hah" in a hard breath. I would say that this happened at least 5 or 6 times during the night. The next day we drove around and toured the area, then came back so the kids could play in the pool again. That night we talked for a while then off to bed. I thought the kids had been playing games with me the night before so I boobie trapped the door so I would know if they tried to sneak in and play a prank.  That noisy trap would have scared the kids and awakened me. It was never disturbed. But again, the same thing continued to happen. Every time I would doze off I would get a "Hah" in my ear. It sounded as if someone was right next to my face. After hours of no sleep I decided to give up. I decided to get up and get ready for the next day. I got up, went to the rest room, but when I looked at the clock, it was only 3:30 (give or take a few minutes, hard to remember exactly) so I decided to try to sleep again. But as soon as my head hit the pillow, I felt something around my neck and like a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard to breath. I couldn't move my arms or legs nor could I call out. It really felt like a hand around my throat. After a few moments, not sure how long, it all went away. I was shaking. I got up and went in the living room and sat on the couch the rest of the night. I still don't know for sure if it really happened or if it was a weird dream. But, as great as the house was, I couldn't make myself spend another night at that house. I am not overly skittish. I have spent nights in the woods alone and stayed in dozens of vacation homes without issue.
Now, what I would like to ask, has anyone had any similar experiences, can relate, or does this sound like a bad dream?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:46 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I would say a lot of members can relate :yes:

Thanks for sharing your experience :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

I know exactly what you mean by 'a hard breath'. I never hear the word 'hah', but I hear something, like a 'buz' in my ear a lot. It's like someone is right next to my ear and saying 'buzzz'.  I can feel the breath on my ear.

I never had the other experience you talk about, so can't help with that one.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

Must have been scary but I think what you’ve probably experienced was an episode of sleep paralysis and hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations.

http://www.sleepeduc...omnias/symptoms

https://www.psychics...-it-means/13728

Edited by lorac61469, 09 February 2018 - 09:12 PM.

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

It is always something to consider :) I know I have only ever had one episode myself and that was enough :yes:
Posted Image

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:19 PM

Very true Lorac, that was what I was thinking too.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#7 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

I had something like that happen, but it had to do with more of a sound than a voice.  I heard the sound of my bedroom door being closed the other night when I was sleeping, but the thing is, it was the door from my bedroom at my mom's house.  I moved out of there in 2012.

Sometimes your mind wanders in weird ways when you're sleeping or drifting off to sleep.  My wife can barely fall asleep before she starts dreaming.  We'll be in bed ten minutes and she'll tell me something she just had a dream about.
Posted Image

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:19 AM

LOL. I agree your mind does weird things to make sense of what is actually going on.

I remember staying at my parent's home, we were in the process of building our home.  Mum had a cuckoo clock (it chimed on the hours and half hours) Anyway, I went into labour (I was pregnant) and I kept dreaming I needed to take back a dress to the dressmaker's to let the waist out because it was hurting. I remember saying to my self in the dream to wake up you're having a baby not going to the dressmakers. I know I had the dream about three times and seemed to happen when the clock chimed  :crazy:
Posted Image

#9 jwc

jwc

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

View Postraybez59, on 08 February 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

I just wanted to ask for some opinions. I grew up in a house that several people swear was haunted, but I had no abnormal experiences in the 15 years I lived there. Others reported moving objects, seeing someone who wasn't there to seeing something that wasn't human. But, I saw or heard nothing out of the ordinary.
Now I like to travel around the country working with my photo business. When I travel I usually stay in vacation homes rather than hotels. And generally I have been very happy with the places I have stayed. But then....
Recently I rented a home in central Florida for a few days with a friend and her kids. Great place. The kids had plenty of privacy and a great pool to keep them occupied. The location was very private and very clean.
The night we arrived, we settled in ok. The kids played in the pool until late then we packed off to bed. My room was separate, a master suite on the garage end of the house. My friend and kids were on the other end of the house with a living area and kitchen between. During the night, I was awakened several times with what I can best describe as someone getting close to my ear and saying "hah" in a hard breath. I would say that this happened at least 5 or 6 times during the night. The next day we drove around and toured the area, then came back so the kids could play in the pool again. That night we talked for a while then off to bed. I thought the kids had been playing games with me the night before so I boobie trapped the door so I would know if they tried to sneak in and play a prank.  That noisy trap would have scared the kids and awakened me. It was never disturbed. But again, the same thing continued to happen. Every time I would doze off I would get a "Hah" in my ear. It sounded as if someone was right next to my face. After hours of no sleep I decided to give up. I decided to get up and get ready for the next day. I got up, went to the rest room, but when I looked at the clock, it was only 3:30 (give or take a few minutes, hard to remember exactly) so I decided to try to sleep again. But as soon as my head hit the pillow, I felt something around my neck and like a heavy weight on my chest, making it hard to breath. I couldn't move my arms or legs nor could I call out. It really felt like a hand around my throat. After a few moments, not sure how long, it all went away. I was shaking. I got up and went in the living room and sat on the couch the rest of the night. I still don't know for sure if it really happened or if it was a weird dream. But, as great as the house was, I couldn't make myself spend another night at that house. I am not overly skittish. I have spent nights in the woods alone and stayed in dozens of vacation homes without issue.
Now, what I would like to ask, has anyone had any similar experiences, can relate, or does this sound like a bad dream?
It sounds like sleep paralysis. i have had several experiences with SP  and often hear strange noises before full paralysis sets in. It can be a terrifying experience but I am inclined to believe that it is  not supernatural, but a sleep disorder. It has often been reported to happen to some when sleeping in an un familiar environment, such as on vacation.

#10 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

My dad has been sleeping in a lounge chair due to a bad shoulder, and the dogs sleep in the lounge room. He was dreaming about a person making weird clicking noises at him, and he woke up and realised the clicking noise in the dream was actually the sound of the dogs walking around on the floors! The brain did its best to make sense of what it was hearing
It's in the trees, it's coming!