36 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

I had a dream last night that I was with a realtor and he was taking me through an old house.

When you went down into the basement there were several rooms and the walls were brick, including some archways.  The archways had also been done over in places with what looked to be mortar or cement, like patching up the brick.

We were standing in the basement and he said, the upstairs in interesting, there are lots of couches.  

We needed to hurry to look at the rest of the home because the realtor said to me the electricity is turned off so we will have to hurry up so you can see the 2nd floor.

So when you walk into the house the stairs are on the right.  When you go up the steps you have to turn left and walk down a hallway.  On the Left was a large master bedroom.  On the right were 2 smaller ones.  This was a very old house like a Victorian or turn of the century home.  It was old.  There may have been another bedroom.  I didn't make it down the hall in my dream.

So it is getting dark and I want to look in the rooms.  As I get to the door on the left the "light" flips on and I look into the room.  It is painted a sunny yellow.  What I found odd was that there was an old wooden bed, but it was turned around.  The foot board was against the wall and the headboard was where the foot of the bed should be.  I stood there looking in and in that instant I saw the top of an old man's head.  He was reaching out with his right hand and I could tell he was very ill and dying.  He was almost bald and he had those age spots on his head.  

Then the light goes out and I am just standing there in an empty hallway and peering into an empty room.  In reality there was no furniture in the house at all.

The realtor comes bounding up the steps and says what was that!  Where was that light coming from there.  The electricity is turned off and he tries to flip the light on and nothing.

I said, an old man has died in this house, in this yellow room.  I can't remember if the room was still yellow, but when it was his room it was.

I had just had a psychic moment in which I saw an imprint energy in the house.

I woke up then thinking, that was weird.  Then for some reason I felt like I had been dreaming about a home of somebody on GHOSTSTUDY.

So if you have this home or are looking at property and run across the yellow room on the left just know that an old man died in that room and occasionally his imprint energy may show up.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#2 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:00 PM

Is this the house?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#3 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

I lived in a Victorian home where someone died, but it doesn't fit your description. sad.gif
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#4 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:18 AM

Child of the Night:  It's not your house.

Tantric Kitten it may be, but the porch has been altered in some way if it is.  Is the kitchen in the back of the house and part of it was added on?

Amethyst

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#5 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

wow, some of what you say fits my house.the top room upstairs on the left was a wallpaer golden tan color...it is painted now in orange and lime green for Autumn. I have a yellow bumblebee mud room. The kitchen is in the back,and it was added on.  upstairs..you turn left,and Autumn's room is in front of you..turn left again and you walk down a hallway to a "T"  on the left is the master..down the hall is Chase's room,the craft room ,bath,and guest room.  There is a story that an old man died in the house.  Bob (husband) was saying a couple of days ago that he kept going into the kitchen and finding cupboards open.  I have pictures of the house on myspace.  We have begun taking the wallpaper off the guest room,and redoing the upstairs bath.~Shelley
What is this ghost shadow that brushes my shoulder?
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image

#6 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:10 AM

Shelley

Do you have arches in the basement?  This was on old basement and some of the walls had been repaired by patching them.  There were several rooms in the basement and you had to walk through like an arch to get to the next room.

The woodwork was all natural.  It had not been painted.

I see past, present and future, so sometimes I can't pinpoint something.  The room was a flashback as to when the man lived there.  It was yellow when he was in it.  It also seems like when you walked into the room there was a window to the right.

Ame

#7 Pattycake

Pattycake

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(Amethyst @ Jun 26 2008, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Child of the Night:  It's not your house.

Tantric Kitten it may be, but the porch has been altered in some way if it is.  Is the kitchen in the back of the house and part of it was added on?

Amethyst

You may be talking about my house. There is a room like you describe, it isn't yellow anymore though. Also, I have been told by a psychic that a man died in that room and he is still here. My kids always claimed that room was haunted. I have never noticed anything, but the kids, my stepfather and my sister all claimed it was. When my oldest was younger she had an imaginary friend named Fred. When she was 18, my youngest was born. A few years later she suddenly had an imaginary friend named Fred. According to the psychic (who I told none of this to), a man named Fred or Frank died in that room and he missed having the kids around (the youngest refuses to go into that room and the others are all grown and moved out). The kitchen is in the back of the house, and it appears that the porch and bathroom downstairs were added later. My house was built in about 1899 or 1900, so probaly not considered victorian.

#8 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:57 AM

You know what...

The kitchen did have some added on (the picture is a picture of the back of the house, there's a full-face porch on the front, too but I though the energy would be the deal for you, Ame)... when the house was last renovated they incorporated the butler's pantry and  some other room into the kitchen.  That porch that's pictured has also been altered extensively... it's the same footprint but the roof and the floor are "new" (in the last set of renovations), it was screened in at that time and the door was put on.

You described my mother-in-law's basement (that, by the way, scares the hell out of me, my dog and my very psychic little guy), the back hallway (the way you describe the rooms you came up in the "maid's quarters" by the back stairway, not the grand stairway), the room layout on the second floor from the back stairway (again, the maid's quarters and where the master bedroom is in relation to the maid's quarters... there are two other bedrooms that you wouldn't be able to see from that orientation).  The room is no longer yellow but I know what room you're talking about... there's a funky energy that's not Spencer in it and I do believe I've been told that the Presbyterian priest that lived there first (it was originally a Presbyterian manse and the priest bought the house from the church) died in that room.  You also used a strange little specific thing that my husband's told me about the former owners... his parents told him that they had probably 30 sofas all over the house... and your realtor in your dream says there are lots of couches.

So... there's an awful lot that lines up which is why I posted the picture and asked.

But... that's not anything I don't know already.  And why would this residual energy be so strong when you weren't shown Spencer or the monster in the basement (I don't know what's down there but it scares the hell out of me and my dog and my kid... I haven't had the opportunity to get to the bottom of it).

Is a dream just a dream and a validation or is there more to it do you think?  Or do you think it's Pattycake's house and my MIL's house and circumstances being so similar is just an awesome coincidence?

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 26 June 2008 - 08:00 AM.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#9 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:56 AM

I am leaning more towards you, TK.  LOL

It's the couch comment.  The realtor said to me, there's lots of couches upstairs, because at the time we were standing in the basement.  But when I got upstairs I didn't see them.  So that must have been from the past.

I was curious as to why the bed was placed as it was, but then I was thinking he wanted to see outside the window and he would have to lay that way to be able to look out the window.

Now, are you afraid of the basement of the house you sent me a picture of?  If so, give me a bit and I will study on it and see what I can pick up.  Remember, I work out of my home and have the baby 24/7 so it may take me awhile.  By the grace of God she is spending the day with my youngest son and his girlfriend so I have actually had a few free moments.

Ame

#10 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Interests:egypt..crafts..reading...history..drawing..my family...antiques..ghosts...evps...

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

I've got two rooms down cellar..it wasn't arched when we moved in. It is a bright cellar,and I cango down there without lights on during the day. old ,old stones.
When we were looking to buy this house ,there wasn't electrisity ,and we had to rush throught he upstairs to get to see the rooms. We loved the downstairs..we were a little more reserved abotu the upstairs.
We have all natural woodwork.  The house was built in 1910.  The names of the families that have lived here were ...Perry, Voss, Brind A'more, (there is one more between Perry and Voss) and now us...
I have been told that this is a very happy house.
The night wind whispers and I must follow. Long is the shadow cast by the black wings of fear.

Posted Image

#11 hatsheput63

hatsheput63

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:09 AM

here is an odd comment...we didn't have a couch where we lived in the apartment...we looked at this house and there was a couch in the front parlor,and one on the front porch.  We asked if we could have the couches and the realtor said "yes" we were happy to get a couch!! It is a family joke that we bought this house because we needed a couch!!
Autumn's room has a window to the right of the door. Yeah, you would have to be in the middle of the room to see out the window.       hope this helps!!  P.S. if you are gonna see in my house,wait until I get to clean!!!!    ~Shelley

Posted Image

#12 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

The picture is my MIL's house, yes.  I REALLY don't like the basement and cannot go into the boiler room at all (which is awkward because I've wound up standing just at the threshold to the room while my MIL and husband were in the room... I just cannot step through that doorway).  My dog won't let me go downstairs without him but I wind up having to carry him and he cries the whole time we're down there.  

I thought it was Spencer at first and that he didn't want me to know how/where he died and thought I'd know if I went in there but my little guy's complaining about stuff now and I'm beginning to think it's a bit more sinister than good ol' Spence.

The problem with my figuring it out on my own is that MIL and I had a bit of a falling out and I haven't been over to the house in about 3 years and don't see that changing any time soon.

I thank you very much for offering to try taking a look around.  OK, actually I'm thrilled you've offered... I admire your talent very much and think that it's likely you can figure out what's going on and would never ever have asked you for anything because I know people do constantly (besides it wouldn't occur to me to ask anyway... I'd more likely ask someone I know in real life locally or try to ferret it out myself).  Take all the time you want.  No one's going anywhere and it's a huge favor you're doing anyway.

#13 Pattycake

Pattycake

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

While my basement has several rooms, there are no arches, so it does sound like you are talking about Tantric's house. I guess yellow rooms on the left were common back in the day lol.
It's awesome the way you can dream about a place and know that it is for someone here, and within a day it is figured out.

#14 autabee

autabee

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading, myspace, hiking, biking, walking, hanging, baking, cooking, sometimes cleaning, computer stuff, HTML, um...watching movies, american football, softball, i love working with animals, photography is a big part of my life...and that's about it...

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

I took a few photo's that mom was talking about. The first three are from our basement.  We had 4 rooms in our basement, but we tore down the one wall, so now we only have three. The two little ones, we can't get to.

- here is where we took the wall down, some of room one.
- room number two
- room number three

Here are two vids, one of our upstairs (sorry abuot teh mess) and one of pics I found before we re-did my room.

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/aut...=6-26-08041.flv - upstairs

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/aut...=6-26-08065.flv - pics before we re-did my room

Edited by autabee, 26 June 2008 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(Tantric Kitten @ Jun 25 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the house?

Although from the picture this appears to be a beautiful home, I just get a sick feeling from the picture.  I feel abuse.  I feel like a woman lived there that was constantly abused.  I feel like there was a maid that worked in that house and lived there.  She was a young girl.  Her family was very poor and could not afford to have all the kids at home....I felt like there were at least 10 siblings....and at about age 14 this girl went to work at this house.  

The lady of the house was lazy and worked this poor girl to death.  If she did something wrong or didn't work up to their standards, I feel like they beat her with a belt.

I also feel like she was locked down in the basement at times, and may have been locked in the boiler room.  Can you imagine how awful for a homesick girl to be treated like that and abused and locked up?  She had nobody to turn to and no place to go.

I think your feeling of not wanting to step into that room is that you may be picking up on her residual energy and fear of OMG, please don't lock me in here.  You are probably feeling that anxiety.

I do feel like somebody died in that house, but people dying at home was the norm years ago and being laid out in the parlor.

Since you don't have access to the home now I am just curious if you know if they found any kind of carvings in the woodwork, like initials on a window cill or somebody's initials carved somewhere?  That seems to hold a key to a mystery.

The lady of the house feels like she had insomnia and would be up pacing and walking around the house late at night.  She goes down the steps and sits in an oversized chair and eventually dozes off in that chair.  She just can't sleep in bed for some reason.  Maybe the guy snored????

I think just digging around in the house and outside you could find some interesting things.  Have you ever watched If Walls Could Talk?  It's a TV show about historical homes.  This home feels like it has quite a history to it.  I also feel music like there was a music room or piano room with an out of tune piano that nobody plays.  It just sits there.

To get back to the young maid.  She eventually grew up and got out of that house.  Honestly, I feel like she lost partial hearing in one ear by getting a blow to the head by the man that lived there.   She married a local man that owned some kind of shop or market.  For some reason I feel like he may have been a butcher.    Poor thing, I just keep thinking of being locked up in the basement.  It was so cold there and she only had like a shaw on for warmth.  It's like she was made to sleep down there at times.

So I think this house holds a lot of dark secrets and bad memories for this girl.

Amethyst

#16 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:05 AM

Wow, that's quite a story!

The original owners (it was a parsonage when it was built... so the church owned it but then it passed out of the church's ownership fairly early on) did have maids.  There was also an earlier home there so it could be tied to an earlier home.  I really don't have a way to check out the maid thing but I'm leaning towards accuracy because of other stuff you've said.

The mystery thing... from what I know of Spencer, it seems he died during construction of the current house (but sometimes he feels like that time and sometimes he feels a LOT older and he knows darn well he's dead and won't talk to me about it and threatened if I pushed it that he'd scare the heck out of me).  My little guy talks to an "Edgar" and we think it might be Spencer.  I wonder if his initials are somewhere in the house and that would help clear up the mystery of who Spencer is and how he died.  We haven't done any research on it (mostly because we're lazy).  No one has found anything of the sort as far as I know.

The insomniac lady of the house is my mother-in-law.  She has a bad back and chronic insomnia and she'll lie down in bed but then get up, dink around some and winds up sleeping in her la-z-boy in the library.  Her companion now (it's weird to call a 90 year old man a "boyfriend") snores and my father-in-law snored like a truck (my husband read your reading and told me that just this moment although I could've guessed by what I know about him).  There is also a piano in the front parlor (there are two connecting parlors) -- that we call the music room -- that is out of tune now and that no one plays anymore.

More than one person's died in the house... including my father-in-law.  So far as I know they were all male.  

The house is on the historical register in the town my MIL lives in.  It is one of the historically significant homes in the area and my in-laws found all sorts of interesting things when they were renovating the house (when they bought it in the mid-70s it was practically falling down).

So... I think you might have it.  I've never been comfortable in that house even though I love it... it's gorgeous inside and out... and I know exactly the sick feeling you're talking about because I get it every time we drive up (and it's not entirely my MIL).  Now if I could figure out how to have a clearing without actually being present maybe we could get rid of that residual energy in the basement so my little guy doesn't have to worry about it.  Thank you very much.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 27 June 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#17 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:19 AM

Ok, so tell me about this Spencer character?  Is he a spirit in your home or your MIL house?

The Edgar that your child speaks to is not Spencer.  He is a German immigrant.  Does your son say he speaks with an accent?  He's harmless.  He has a bushy mustache.

From what I gather you are saying that Spencer helped build this house and died in an accident or what?  Does he say he fell?  I get the sense of somebody falling off the roof or from high up.

Do you know any Reiki Masters?  Sometimes they can send remote healing to places.  

I'm not sure, but I may be able to meditate on the picture of this house and see if I can clear out that energy.  It's a form of remote viewing.  One does not have to be present or with a spirit to communicate with them.  My problem is getting some "alone" time!  LOL By the time I get little bit in bed I'm ready to crash and burn myself!

Let me know a bit more about Spencer and maybe we can work out what's he's really up to.  He seems like a bully to me;  all talk, no action.

Blessings,

Ame

#18 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:38 AM

Spencer is what my husband's family calls the intelligent haunting in my mother-in-law's house.  He's actually very kind and caring and has done quite a few things to help the family out in small ways (including once throwing a really ugly bowl down the stairs that everyone hated but couldn't get rid of because it was a gift).  He was very good to my mother-in-law after my father-in-law died. We know Spencer's not his name but from the conversation I had with him (I talked to him once, early on) he thinks it's funny that everyone calls him Spencer and is happy with that name because he doesn't want to tell his real name.

He knows perfectly well he's dead and he really doesn't want to talk about moving on or how he died... I don't necessarily believe that he'd scare me but I don't want to rile him up in case he could be rude.  What he told me is that he knew darn well he was dead, that he was happy where he is, no he wasn't going to tell me how he died, he wasn't interested in moving on and drop it or he'd scare the heck out of me.  I never saw him and the conversation was the really vague clairaudient (you know, the "your voice in your head saying things you'd never say" so I couldn't tell you if he had an accent or not).

This is tied up with feelings that Spencer's got a lot to do with the grand staircase (he's always hanging around it) and the higher you are the more likely he's there (and the staircase is directly over the boiler room).  I also get the feeling someone fell from great height in that area and have attributed it to how Spencer died but I could be wrong about that.  The person I felt fall was dark... like mixed Native or Sami (very northern Finn/Norse)... there was cold/North feeling around the person's identity but they were dark and young... no older than 30.  Spencer feels cold/Northern to me too.

Sometimes Spencer feels like he's died directly before the house was used as a home (1904) and sometimes he feels a LOT older (like several hundred years).  I can't get a read on that and I'm not sure I'm getting the same person.

For the past six months or so (so when I haven't been there to see it/feel what's going on) my son's been playing with an "Edgar" and he'll say "Bye Edgar!" when my husband and he come home.  Edgar could be Spencer's real name... but, again, since Spencer wouldn't tell me what his real name was and I'm not there I don't know that for sure.

I do know a reiki master or two.  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I've done remote with entities before but not with energy.  Of course a reiki master could do remote energy.  Duh.

#19 Amethyst

Amethyst

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

Well, since they made up the name Spencer that makes sense, because I was not sensing a Spencer in the house.

In all honesty, this character feels more like an entity than a human.  I think that's why it is messing with your head saying stuff like I'm not going to tell you, and I'll scare you.

I think this entity can be helpful and playful, but does not like to be challenged.  That's when he pulls pranks, etc.

He is as old as the hills, timeless, really.  It is a feeling of male energy, but he does not feel like he lived in that house, he is more associated with the land.  How cliche' is this, but is there burial ground or woods behind the house?  I feel like he comes from an ancient place and is connected with Native Americans.

It could be that the person on the steps is indeed Edgar.  Now he may have worked on the house.  I still get the feeling of somebody falling.  It could be off the roof, out the window or down the stairs.

I truly believe that energy can rise up and form like a vortex of negativity.  I think you are very intuitive and sense energy and that is why the stairs give you that icky feeling being above the boiler room.

Could it be that Spencer showed up or was drawn to and fed off the energy of that poor unfortunate girl?  He can be protective.  

This sounds silly, but I see a man that looks like Donald Sutherland that lived in the house at one time.  Have you seen An American Haunting wherein he played John Bell?  The man I see looks and dresses like that.

I am getting flooded with so many thoughts and images I am going to quit for now.  It's like a flood gate of info came through all at once.

I would try to have a Reiki Master send remote healing to that home.  For some reason, I feel like down the road you may call that home yourself.  You certainly want to make sure all that crud is cleared out.

Ame

#20 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

OK.  Thank you.  

The impressions I speak about date back several years (for example, the conversation I had with "Spencer" was autumn 2003) and I've done a lot of development work since then.  My impressions if I were to walk through today with myself to myself might be different (basically after that first time I shut out as much as I could just to pretend to be normal around the family).  I have been suspicious that there is more than one "Spencer" and that one might not be a person (and I was doing the Native thing too... so cliche but in this case it really might be).

I know who Donald Sutherland is but I've never seen the movie.  From the stills I saw when I looked it up just now he looks like I've always pictured the minister who lived there first when they talk about him.  I have no clue if he bears any resemblance to the guy or not.

Thank you again.

Oh... and God forbid I live in that cursed house with that woman.  Don't even joke about that.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 27 June 2008 - 09:44 PM.