• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnHermes

JohnHermes

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:14 AM

This is a non fiction story about Carlos Casteneda's amazing journey of toltec shamanism or sorcery.  Dreaming is the gateway to the higher realms. Any thoughts or experience on this?

As a preamble to the first lesson in dreaming, I will talk about the second attention as a progression: beginning as an idea that comes to us more like a curiosity than an actual possibility; turning into something that can only be felt, as a sensation is felt; and finally evolving into a state of being, or a realm of practicalities, or a preeminent force that opens for us worlds beyond our wildest fantasies.
  Being a by-product of a displacement of the assemblage point, the second attention does not happen naturally but must be intended, beginning with intending it as an idea and ending up with intending it as a steady and controlled awareness of the assemblage points displacement.

The first step to power is to set up dreaming. To set up dreaming means to have a precise and practical command over the general situation of a dream.
  This control is no different from the control we have over any situation in our daily lives. Sorcerers are used to it and get it every time they want or need to. In order for you to get used to it yourself I taught you to look at your hands while dreaming.

Explanations always call for deep thought. But when you actually dream, be as light as a feather. Dreaming has to be performed with integrity and seriousness, but in the midst of laughter and with the confidence of someone who doesn't have a worry in the world. Only under these conditions can our dreams actually be turned into dreaming.

I selected your hands as something to look for in your dreams because they will always be there. Looking for anything else is just as valid provided that you pick one thing in advance and stay with it night after night until you succeed in finding it. The goal of the exercise is not finding a specific thing but engaging your dreaming attention.

The dreaming attention is the control one acquires over one's dreams upon fixating the assemblage point on any new position to which it has been displaced during dreams. The dreaming attention is an incomprehensible facet of awareness that exists by itself, waiting for a moment when we would entice it, a moment when we would give it purpose; it is a veiled faculty that every one of us has in reserve but never has the opportunity to use in everyday life.
  There are seven gates and dreamers have to open all seven of them, one at a time. There are entrances and exits in the energy flow of the universe. In the specific case of dreaming, there are seven entrances, experienced as obstacles, which sorcerers call the seven gates of dreaming.
  The first gate is a threshold we must cross by becoming aware of a particular sensation before deep sleep. A sensation which is like a pleasant heaviness that doesn't let us open our eyes. We reach that gate the instant we become aware that we're falling asleep, suspended in darkness and heaviness. There are no steps to follow. One just intends to become aware of falling asleep.
  Intent or intending is something very difficult to talk about. I or anyone else would sound idiotic trying to explain it. Bear that in mind when you hear what I have to say next: sorcerers intend anything they set themselves to intend, simply by intending it.
  For sorcerers, because the statement I made pertains to intent and intending, understanding it pertains to the realm of energy. Sorcerers believe that if one would intend that statement for the energy body, the energy body would understand it in terms entirely different from those of the mind. The trick is to reach the energy body. For that you need energy.
- The Art Of Dreaming

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:32 PM

No, I haven't read that book, but the quote is very interesting and so I will endeavour to read it. The concept of "the art of dreaming" is very similar to lucid dreaming with the hand etc. I have done that but only to wake myself up out of an unpleasant dream.

I wonder if it is similar to Burt Goldman theory and his teachings? His is 'Quantum Jumping'  for self-improvement jumping into alternative universes, through deep meditation, visualisation, an open mind and the intent to be able to do it.

I have one drawback to all of this, I can't bring visual images into my mind when I am awake. I do have visual images only while dreaming although. I have heard some people with my condition (of not being able to visualise) can't dream IN images either.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

I think I have a copy of it somewhere, one of those books that was handed to me randomly in the middle of the city by a stranger, felt important to keep it and read it one of these days lol
It's in the trees, it's coming!