What Ghost's See

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting (of couse), Graphic Design, Camping, Traveling (if I could afford it), Games (When time allows it), spending time with son, and Hanging with good company.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

I have a question I would like all of your opinions on.

I have always believed that a ghost see's it's surrounding's they were when they died.  For example the ghost that has follow us home and now lives with my sister Stacy, thought that her house still stood where we found her at instead of the cemetery that is know there.  Jane died around 1846, before cars, T.V.'s and many other things.  When she followed us to Stacy's house she learned about a lot of things she never knew about.

My question is when you show them a whole new world of current things (We found she loved watching T.V.), when taking them back to there origanal surounging's would they still see it as what they originally saw or would they start to see it for what it is now.

Just wondering, because we know she does not like going back to where we found her.  Is it only because she doesn't like what happened to her there (her husband killed her)  or is it because she see's it for what it is and it freaks her out, or do you think it is something else completely.  

I'm just enterested in anyone else's thoughts on this matter.

#2 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

Hmm..that's an interesting question, I have no idea. About the ghost, have you tried helping her cross over? Just wondering..
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#3 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting (of couse), Graphic Design, Camping, Traveling (if I could afford it), Games (When time allows it), spending time with son, and Hanging with good company.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

Yes, as much as we enjoy her around we know the right thing to do is to cross her over.  We've attempted on many occations and all though she wants to, she's to scared.

#4 Kiwilady

Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

I think it depends on whether they are a residual ghost or a spirit.  

A residual ghost, I suspect, doesn't actually see anything as it is just an inprint of a happening at a certain place (either because of a traumatic event or because it was  mundane, everyday thing which the person, when alive, just did on "auto-pilot".)

Spirits and other ghosts can sometimes see us so I presume they can see our surroundings.  This is why a house renovation can stir them up but I must admit that I've never seen one looking at the computer or TV in astonishment!

I have heard of ghosts coming up to houses riding horses (people have heard the clop, clop of the hooves) but never that people hear a ghostly car pull up outside!!

Good question and I have no idea!!!!

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

#5 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:19 AM

Make sure she knows that she will find peace and that nobody will hurt her and nothing bad will happen to her.
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#6 Laurnabeth

Laurnabeth

Orb

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Jody @ Jan 20 2008, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have always believed that a ghost see's it's surrounding's they were when they died.  For example the ghost that has follow us home and now lives with my sister Stacy, thought that her house still stood where we found her at instead of the cemetery that is know there.  Jane died around 1846, before cars, T.V.'s and many other things.  When she followed us to Stacy's house she learned about a lot of things she never knew about.

My question is when you show them a whole new world of current things (We found she loved watching T.V.), when taking them back to there origanal surounging's would they still see it as what they originally saw or would they start to see it for what it is now.

Just wondering, because we know she does not like going back to where we found her.  Is it only because she doesn't like what happened to her there (her husband killed her)  or is it because she see's it for what it is and it freaks her out, or do you think it is something else completely.  

Wow. I see what you mean. Your question reminds me of something I remember    seeing somewhere. That ghost who haunt a house (usually the one they died around or in) are sometimes not known of until renovations are made and the house begins to change then they usually get mad. Does anyone know what Im talking about?
Posted Image

#7 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:49 AM

Hi Jody!

I couldn't even begin to answer your question... have no idea at all... but I am intrigued with your story.  I would love to hear all about this spirit and how you guys found her... how you know what happened to her, etc!

Please share!

Thanks!

Champell

#8 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(ChildOfTheNight @ Jan 20 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Make sure she knows that she will find peace and that nobody will hurt her and nothing bad will happen to her.

We have tried on many occations to talk her over.  Every time we tell her it's a wonderful place to go, and that see would be able to see all her family and friends she hasn't seen in so long.  We've also told her that once she gets there and has a wonderful reunion that she can still come back to visit if she decides to.

#9 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(champell @ Jan 21 2008, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jody!

I couldn't even begin to answer your question... have no idea at all... but I am intrigued with your story.  I would love to hear all about this spirit and how you guys found her... how you know what happened to her, etc!

Please share!

Thanks!

Champell

We've explained some of it in different threads.  Rather than repeating the whole story here I'm going to go back and see if I can find some of the threads that we have went into more in details concerning her and post them here for you.  Once I do that I'll try and fill in any gaps for you, if that's alright.  I do know that one of the threads about us finding her has to do with dowsing.  Some of the threads about her will be either from me or my sister Stacy.

I get back with you as soon as I can.

#10 Guest_ellsbeth_*

Guest_ellsbeth_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(Jody @ Jan 21 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've explained some of it in different threads.  Rather than repeating the whole story here I'm going to go back and see if I can find some of the threads that we have went into more in details concerning her and post them here for you.  Once I do that I'll try and fill in any gaps for you, if that's alright.  I do know that one of the threads about us finding her has to do with dowsing.  Some of the threads about her will be either from me or my sister Stacy.

I don't know if we can know what ghosts see, unless we become one. It is like---what does the cat/dog/fly on the wall see?
All perceptions are different, as individual as we are.

#11 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(ellsbeth @ Jan 21 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know if we can know what ghosts see, unless we become one. It is like---what does the cat/dog/fly on the wall see?
All perceptions are different, as individual as we are.

I do see what you are saying.  I guess the problem is the only way to get 100% proof is to become one myself, and as interested as I am on getting the truth, I'm definetly not ready to explore that avenue yet!  ha ha ha!

#12 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE(Jody @ Jan 21 2008, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok!  Thanks!

Champell

#13 InsaneLulaby

InsaneLulaby

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:I love fairies, unicorns and other fantasy creatures .<br />Love nature very much and animals, being in the forests and listening to the waves on a beach .<br />Also love to draw and listen to music, prefferably Enigma, Massive Attack and deep forest .

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Jody @ Jan 20 2008, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

from what i know.. she's probebly thought she was still alive and i guess when she saw you she was starting to open up, her time to see past her own imagination reality . they only see what they want to sometimes , she probebly doesnt want to go back because she now see's what is really there and not her home no more.. so it must be very sad for her and bring back unhappy feelings . it must be a very emotional time for her. it might help if someone who has already past over helps her onto the other world, i can understand its scary going somewhere new that you dont know where it will lead. she needs to speak to someone who had already been there and who can tell her everything she needs to know about the place to help her not be scared .

#14 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:21 AM

I have often woundered if they are like that movie The Others. Maybe to them we are the ghost

#15 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(champell @ Jan 21 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok!  Thanks!

Champell

It is in the Dowsing thread, it's a great story, definitely worth reading!
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#16 VAgirl

VAgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Animals of all kinds, tarot,the paranormal, reading, Bob Marley,love my cats and slot machines. LOL

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(lorddraven2000 @ Jan 23 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have often woundered if they are like that movie The Others. Maybe to them we are the ghost

I too have wondered the same thing.

#17 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

It really makes you think on the subject pretty hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users