My Childhood Haunt

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skoden

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

My earliest memories begin at the house I lived in from preschool up to grade 2. We lived in the bottom apartment of a split rental house. The place was full of shadow people and scary sounds at night. One night I got up to go to the bathroom. I had to walk through the kitchen and there, on the counter, was a tall plastic cup. Inside of it was a spoon loudly stirring all on its own. I was so scared that I peed myself and ran and hopped into bed with my mother. Later we also rented out the top of the house and my bedroom was moved upstairs. In my own room the shadow people and the sounds were worse. That place was so scary. And to top it off there was a funeral home right across the street. At the time I didn't know what it was but now that I know... *shudder*. The place was so active that my mom had someone come do a cleansing ritual. It didn't help.

Skip ahead a couple decades and out of the blue my mom mentioned that house. She told me about the strange things that she had seen and heard. I told her my experiences. She was amazed that I remembered the house so well. I told her that it's hard to forget the rooms and halls of a house that was nothing but scary and scarier. And then she dropped this on me, "I saw an old newspaper article about that house. Apparently, a woman was murdered in it and they never found the killer." I was floored and suddenly all the creepiness of the house made more sense. I found the article and read it for myself. A woman was violently bludgeoned to death in her bedroom. No killer ever found. No real suspects. Still unsolved. And she was killed only three years before we moved in.

Now that I'm a bit older I find myself increasingly fascinated by my childhood haunted house. I've walked past it a few times and stared into its curtained windows wondering if it is still full of shadows and scariness. I've (creepy as it may seem) entertained the idea of seeing if the current residents would allow me entry into my childhood home. I would just love to walk through it again and see it through an adults understanding eyes but am also curious if the fear it instilled still resides in me. I probably never will ask to go back into the house because I know how creepy that would be. But I'm wondering, has anyone else ever done such a thing? Have you ever returned to your childhood home to experience it again but as an adult?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

I haven't but I have googled all the places I remember having lived at.  

Your experience is definitely freaky  I don't think I would want to go back :shocked:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users