• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:56 PM

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

I just watched the latest episode of Ghost Adventures (Tintic Mining District) and the crew caught a terrible demonic scream on their EVP device near the end of the episode.  This gave me the worst case of the chills that I have ever had.  Not sure what the heck the guy who owns the house summoned into this world, but it's definitely not something to be messed with.  You might not think Ghost Adventures is real (I sometimes think some of the "evidence" is far-fetched), but that was a scary moment to witness.  Please let me know if you see this episode and what you think of this "demonic scream".
Posted Image

#2 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

I haven't seen it but would love to hear others opinions!

Perhaps once in a while they come across something legitimate, it's bound to happen!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

LOL my first observation is zac has a dust mask on but the poor special guest hasn't

Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 11:39 PM

Spoiler

Video

Yep very strange I liked the episode!
Posted Image

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:19 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 25 November 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

I just watched the latest episode of Ghost Adventures (Tintic Mining District) and the crew caught a terrible demonic scream on their EVP device near the end of the episode.  This gave me the worse case of the chills that I have ever had.  Not sure what the heck the guy who owns the house summoned into this world, but it's definitely not something to be messed with.  You might not think Ghost Adventures is real (I sometimes think some of the "evidence" is far-fetched), but that was a scary moment to witness.  Please let me know if you see this episode and what you think of this "demonic scream".

I suppose some might consider my opinions as overly cynical and at times skeptic, but, in scholarly debate, it's up the the person who makes the claim to provide proof of the claim which will never take place in this situation. To be critical, one needs to ask the age old question, does paranormal entertainment represent true paranormal evidential discovery? Is there any level of implemented control and measurement taken place? Has there ever been any level of purposeful deceit or improper identification?

I've seen three days of filming of a popular paranormal show and the final cut surely never represented our teams findings. Admittedly, my first hand encounter of television paranormal entertainment can't be used as a blanket statement for all shows but it's a matter of simple economics these shows require evidence or viewership will subsequently be reduced and sponsorship will recede.

What I can tell you is that I saw one episode where Zack was in an abandoned prision with a Tri-field Natural standing on top of a bedspring bouncing in a circle proclaiming he had evidence of a ghost and surely anyone with even the smallest amount of experience with that meter knows it's meant to be used in a stationary position without movement or the needle will produce false positives.

On another occasion, Zack claimed he heard a baby crying in an abandoned asylum but failed to mention that raccoons have frequently produced the same sounds when disturbed.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt and suggesting his claims were purely mistaken identification instead of faked evidence, it still leaves one to wonder when Zack is in a position of providing credible analysis.

I'm sorry, but I won't even download the episode and extract the audio to make the determination of whether the snippet has any telltale anomalous characteristics. It will be precious minutes of my life I will never get back.

You are more than welcome to draw your own conclusions, but to date, I've seen what paranormal entertainment is capable of to question ulterior motivations.

Edited by EVP, 26 November 2018 - 04:05 AM.

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:37 AM

I have a hard time watching paranormal investigation shows.  To me, they are too similar to reality shows that manipulate the scenario in efforts to create something dramatic that draws the viewers in.  This is all reality shows IMO.

If a ghost hunter show had actual evidence of a real ghost.  Whatever evidence required that 99% of all people would get chills and find no other logical explanation.  It would be all over the news.  Too much fame and money to pass up if they had proof.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

For the most part, I think GA fakes or exaggerates things simply for effect. I've noticed lately they'll show video anomalies and claim spirits, when it's clear they are either dust or bugs. Of course Zak will say "it can't possibly be dust or a bug". Rubbish.

The "scream" just wasn't chilling to me, and didn't necessarily make me think demonic or evil. Yes, there was a sound there, but was it faked? A normal noise that just sounded odd? Watching GA is a guilty pleasure for me, but the dramatics and histrionics are getting old. I just enjoy yelling at the screen when they do/say stupid stuff. Hehe it's my version of 'Hey you kids, get off my lawn!" ;)
Posted Image

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

View PostVlawde, on 26 November 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

For the most part, I think GA fakes or exaggerates things simply for effect. I've noticed lately they'll show video anomalies and claim spirits, when it's clear they are either dust or bugs. Of course Zak will say "it can't possibly be dust or a bug". Rubbish.

The "scream" just wasn't chilling to me, and didn't necessarily make me think demonic or evil. Yes, there was a sound there, but was it faked? A normal noise that just sounded odd? Watching GA is a guilty pleasure for me, but the dramatics and histrionics are getting old. I just enjoy yelling at the screen when they do/say stupid stuff. Hehe it's my version of 'Hey you kids, get off my lawn!" ;)

They played the part back where they caught the scream without the EVP audio and there was no noise that even resembled that in the room.  You can also see the way Zak held the device and there was no movement of his hand around the device that could have caused that either.  It's either paranormal or fake.  It's what you want to make of it, I guess :)
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

I still think the guy attached to the woman who owns the house was creepy and  I think sitting in the dark like, that other woman, and hearing the screech would be unsettling. And yes they did play that part back. I thought it was a very good episode. :yes: Thanks for sharing it I normally think that show is all for entertainment and mostly not real but I didn't get that this time with the bit I did watch.  Maybe I should watch it all Posted Image  :pop:
Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 09:40 PM

Is it normal for a moth to fly through the flames of a candle? Or was it flapping its wings so much making the flame flutters and it only looks like it did? Go to 34:40 on the video to see the moth
Posted Image

#11 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

lol @ the dusk mask, look after yourself first then think about the safety of others.... classic airplane rule!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#12 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:19 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 November 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

I still think the guy attached to the woman who owns the house was creepy and  I think sitting in the dark like, that other woman, and hearing the screech would be unsettling. And yes they did play that part back. I thought it was a very good episode. :yes: Thanks for sharing it I normally think that show is all for entertainment and mostly not real but I didn't get that this time with the bit I did watch.  Maybe I should watch it all Posted Image  :pop:

I do think this was one of their more interesting episodes.  Some people are saying how they hate that they are only going places that have "demons" and dark stuff happening.  Well, they're under contract with Travel Channel.  It's what they want them to do lol

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 27 November 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

lol @ the dusk mask, look after yourself first then think about the safety of others.... classic airplane rule!

Yeah, I know, right?  ^_^
Posted Image

#13 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:57 AM

NightWalkerGStudy, on 27 November 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

They played the part back where they caught the scream without the EVP audio and there was no noise that even resembled that in the room.  You can also see the way Zak held the device and there was no movement of his hand around the device that could have caused that either.  It's either paranormal or fake.  It's what you want to make of it, I guess :)

I always preferred the first few seasons. I agree that it's mainly just entertainment. I always saw it as a mix of real evidence with exaggerations and a few falsehoods. That said; I always found the documentary and earlier episodes a bit more credible for some reason.

Now; I'm going to take a listen of the alleged scream....

KlaineyGStudy, on 25 November 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

Spoiler

Video

Yep very strange I liked the episode!

38:38 is the one with the scream.

I heard it; WOAH!

Anyway; Zak asks the entity a couple of questions ('What name are you connected to?' and 'Who brought you here?')....They get two responses....
  • ('What name are you connected to?') "Zak Bagans" (Thought I personally heard 'Zak....the name's Zak'....).
  • ('Who brought you here?') A LOUD SHRIEKY NOISE!

Edited by SpukiKitty, 29 November 2018 - 09:20 AM.

Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 27 November 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

Is it normal for a moth to fly through the flames of a candle? Or was it flapping its wings so much making the flame flutters and it only looks like it did? Go to 34:40 on the video to see the moth

Because moths are attracted to light and it was so close to the candle, its flapping wings caused the flame to flutter..

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:39 PM

yes that is what I am thinking too MacC
Posted Image

#16 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:12 AM

The moth is "meh".

The scream, however is "WOW!".
Posted Image

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostSpukiKitty, on 02 December 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

The moth is "meh".

The scream, however is "WOW!".

LOL, I was pretty impressed when I thought it was a kamikaze moth ;)
Posted Image

#18 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 December 2018 - 10:43 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 03 December 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

LOL, I was pretty impressed when I thought it was a kamikaze moth ;)

Kamikaze...  :happyy:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop