Free Skins
© Fisana

Jump to content


Harborside Inn, Rhode Island

harborside inn block island rhode new shoreham black dress

  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rhode Island/Southeastern New England
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:51 PM

Brand new to this. A recent experience has me tweaked out.

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 I stayed at the Harborside Inn in New Shoreham (Block Island), Rhode Island. When I arrived and checked in, I immediately felt as though I was being watched as I walked up the stairs to my room on the third floor. As I arrived on the third floor I turned the corner after climbing the stairs, there I saw a woman wearing a long black dress. It struck me as odd that she was wearing a dress that looks like someone would wear in the 19th century. She walked to the right and out of my view. When I walked around the corner she was not there. I did not hear any doors close, so I was shocked that she was not right there where she should have been. It seemed that she vanished. As I slept that night, I heard a mans voice faintly say "Do they know that we are dead? Do they know we are dead? Do they know we are dead?" I woke up and figured it was the television that was still on from the night before but it was an all night infomercial. I still do not know if it was a dream or what it was but I heard it. The next morning I spoke with some locals as I got breakfast. I asked about the Harborside and asked if it was haunted. They immediately said "Oh yeah, rooms 302 and 219 are especially haunted. There are some spirits who live permanently in those two rooms. In 219 the ghost turns on and off the lights and TV at odd hours. And in 302 an apparition of of a woman in a black Victorian era outfit has been seen many times walking into the room right through a closed door" As I went back to my room to get my stuff to check out I walked to the room where I saw the woman was, 302. I figured I better take a picture of the area for documentation. My camera malfunctioned several times as I tried to grab pictures. First and only time my camera has ever malfunction and only did if I pointed directly at the room door "302". Eventually I got it to work and grabbed some pictures. See pics here and post if you see anything:
Had a little trouble uploading the files, so try these links.

http://s1096.photobu...n?sort=3&page=1

https://photos-3.dro...Zqw?size_mode=5
https://photos-6.dro...PJ4?size_mode=5
https://photos-1.dro...BCY?size_mode=5

Edited by Little Rhody, 01 June 2016 - 03:35 PM.


#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Upload the pics to photobucket, then you should be able to directly post them here. The upload feature is pretty limiting
Posted Image

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

Oh yeah..welcome!
Posted Image

#4 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rhode Island/Southeastern New England
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:45 PM

Thanks much! Also, I plan on posting two more paranormal experiences I have had. They were both over 12 years ago but I remember them like it was yesterday. This site is awesome!

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

Links don't work :( Wants me to log in/create an acct.  If you use photobucket you can directly post the photos

...or you could try right clicking and copying the photos from your drop box...I've been able to post some photos here simply by copying and pasting, although the log in/need an acct thing might come into play
Posted Image

#6 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

Welcome to the forums, Little Rhody!

I just called Harborside Inn and asked about lodging in August. And both rooms are available at various time throughout the month. I was hoping the clerk would tell me those rooms are NOT available! Anyway, I will call back tonight or tomorrow and ask to talk to the manager, if not the owner. I'll tell him I am writing an article about the hotel and I wanted to include a piece about any hauntings associated with the hotel. If I get his/her attention, I'll then ask about Rooms 302 & 219.  ;)

I'll post here about anything I find out. It's always the best and most reliable source if the hotel will actually speak up about it.

Rhody... Good writing style, you drew me right into the experience! I can't get it out of my mind now.  :wacko:
.

#7 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rhode Island/Southeastern New England
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 03:48 PM

Thanks Vlawd, I think I got it this time. Let me know if the new ones do not work. I used the URL for Photobucket.

Thanks Jim, a front end employee confirmed the Room 219 story. Also, he told me that the Surf Hotel is the MOST haunted on the island. I will follow up if I find anything more on the Surf.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

    Exorcism

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fair Oaks Ca
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 01 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

Cool!  I'll post the photos directly   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#9 EVP

EVP

    Wraith

  • EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

Looks like an interesting place. I try to keep up on alleged haunted locations and until now I wasn't aware of this one and I'm fairly close to Block Island. I looked on the net and there are a couple of accounts about the hotel but I suppose you have some doubters as well. I found this page on the web.

http://www.hauntedpl...harborside-inn/

Found this entry on the bottom but there isn't anyway to validate this persons statement either.:

"This is absolutely ridiculous. I work and live on Block Island, and working in this hotel for years there has never been any instance of it being haunted. Whoever said the staff told them this is lying."

Do I believe events like yours can happen? I'm an advocate for imprinting and century old buildings seem ripe for residual energy. But personally I've only witnessed something collectively visually once 35 years ago. For myself, they are rare. I can't speak for others.

My skepticism keeps me balanced. March 2009 we investigated the Colonial Inn in Concord Mass. We never encountered anything paranormal but the emergency lighting stations situated in several places along the hallways were producing the "I'm being watched syndrome.". Typically devices that use electrical current have some type of shielding but these stations were aged. When we checked them for EMF we were having a Lutron AC meter hitting 116 mG which is well above normal devices.

There are plenty of studies with EMF posioning and in fact, many of our cases have been simply solved by moving an electric alarm clock away from bed. Dr. Michael Persinger from Laurentian University In Canada did a study in variable low level EMFand it's effect on humans. In a 10 year study he was able to frequently produce God like visitations, demons, angels and etheric hallucination. Find that interesting.....

Welcome to the board...good luck with your curiousities :)

This was the graphic I made for the Colonial for advertisment purposes since they did not charge us a room rate. Beautiful place at the Colonial Inn.

Posted Image

Edited by EVP, 01 June 2016 - 07:23 PM.

Posted Image

#10 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:26 PM

Wow, EVP... that guy is to the point of being bitter... we need to find him a haunting.  ;)
.

#11 EVP

EVP

    Wraith

  • EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:37 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 June 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Wow, EVP... that guy is to the point of being bitter... we need to find him a haunting.  ;)
.
\

Yes Jim...his statement is stronger than I've ever delivered....and that is revealing :)

Don't worry, with an attitudes like that, we won't have to find him a haunting....a haunting will find him......
Posted Image

#12 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:33 PM

I think I would have to agree with you on that, EVP.  :mellow: :ermm:

#13 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rhode Island/Southeastern New England
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostEVP, on 01 June 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Looks like an interesting place. I try to keep up on alleged haunted locations and until now I wasn't aware of this one and I'm fairly close to Block Island. I looked on the net and there are a couple of accounts about the hotel but I suppose you have some doubters as well. I found this page on the web.

http://www.hauntedpl...harborside-inn/

Found this entry on the bottom but there isn't anyway to validate this persons statement either.:

"This is absolutely ridiculous. I work and live on Block Island, and working in this hotel for years there has never been any instance of it being haunted. Whoever said the staff told them this is lying."

Do I believe events like yours can happen? I'm an advocate for imprinting and century old buildings seem ripe for residual energy. But personally I've only witnessed something collectively visually once 35 years ago. For myself, they are rare. I can't speak for others.

My skepticism keeps me balanced. March 2009 we investigated the Colonial Inn in Concord Mass. We never encountered anything paranormal but the emergency lighting stations situated in several places along the hallways were producing the "I'm being watched syndrome.". Typically devices that use electrical current have some type of shielding but these stations were aged. When we checked them for EMF we were having a Lutron AC meter hitting 116 mG which is well above normal devices.

There are plenty of studies with EMF posioning and in fact, many of our cases have been simply solved by moving an electric alarm clock away from bed. Dr. Michael Persinger from Laurentian University In Canada did a study in variable low level EMFand it's effect on humans. In a 10 year study he was able to frequently produce God like visitations, demons, angels and etheric hallucination. Find that interesting.....

Welcome to the board...good luck with your curiousities :)

This was the graphic I made for the Colonial for advertisment purposes since they did not charge us a room rate. Beautiful place at the Colonial Inn.

Posted Image


#14 Little Rhody

Little Rhody

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 31 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rhode Island/Southeastern New England
  • Interests:Snowboarding, surfing, paranormal

Posted 02 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

Hi EVP, thanks for the welcome. Good analysis and thanks for the feedback.
In my life (38 yo) I have three paranormal experiences. Two between 2001 and 2003 and the most recent one. One in particular I was with two others who witnessed it as well. It was a loud voice that was right up in our space. I am going to do a post about it soon. One other was a UFO sighting. I use the term UFO loosely, not implying it was from outer space but just unidentified and very bizarre. Could have been something experimental as it was near an Air Force reserve base. Thanks again for the welcome from all of you.

#15 EVP

EVP

    Wraith

  • EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

View PostLittle Rhody, on 02 June 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hi EVP, thanks for the welcome. Good analysis and thanks for the feedback.
In my life (38 yo) I have three paranormal experiences. Two between 2001 and 2003 and the most recent one. One in particular I was with two others who witnessed it as well. It was a loud voice that was right up in our space. I am going to do a post about it soon. One other was a UFO sighting. I use the term UFO loosely, not implying it was from outer space but just unidentified and very bizarre. Could have been something experimental as it was near an Air Force reserve base. Thanks again for the welcome from all of you.

I'm glad you're looking at the event with skepticism. You will see it with clarity if you have several trains of thought. Well done. Looking forward to your account. Cheers neighbor!
Posted Image

#16 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

I called the Inn again today but it was too late, I'll try earlier tomorrow. 3 hour time difference.
.

#17 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,065 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

I'm interested to see what you find out Jim!

I expect it to go either way - either they will embrace ideas of paranormal activity or will strenuously deny it to ensure they keep a placid reputation for the masses! If the info above from the worker is anything to go by, they might shy away from confirmations of strange occurrences!

And welcome Little Rhody, look forward to hearing about your other experiences!
It's in the trees, it's coming!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: harborside, inn, block, island, rhode, new, shoreham, black, dress