• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:38 PM

View Postsiguie, on 11 September 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

If she said "sorry" why not try using a cheap digital recorder, your smartphone with a recording app or even your computer to try and get some EVPs :yes:

Also if she is hanging around with you while you are on your computer give GhosTalk a try, :yes: it's just a random word generator that I wrote, and most people just run it thinking that a spirit will string a sentence together BUT it's also meant to be used interactively. So run it while asking questions and see if there are any responses that make sense to you. This will NOT constitute proof of anything, :no: BUT it's very quick, easy and absolutely FREE :yes:

Oh and of course  :sign0016:

siguie mentioned in another thread about using his GhosTalk app. So, I tried it out for an hour, not asking any questions, just letting it run and here's what I've gotten so far.
  • Break
  • Dance
  • Reflect
  • Mice
  • Admit
  • Swing
  • Little
  • Much
  • Feast
  • Believe
  • Fruit
  • Carry
  • Agree
  • All
  • Intend
  • Apparel
  • Suppose
  • Mean
  • Worry
  • Think
  • Treatment
  • Release
  • Railway
  • Count
  • Form
  • Hope
  • Hurt
  • Weak
  • Fill
  • Drop

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:42 PM

I ran it for another, question free, hour and received these responses.
  • Push

• Fact

• Police

• Discuss

• Eat

• Discover

• More

• Found

• Imagine

• Sofa

• Female

• Refuse

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 12 September 2017 - 04:42 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

gotta watch out for those break dancing mice.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

I know, they can sure cause trouble. :lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

I think pooky is coaching them.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Oh, no! I had hoped he be too busy with that dating site to get into too much trouble for a while.

I should've known better.

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:04 PM

Excellent!!! Thank you! :yes:

Did you get the number of scans? or notice anything about "emphasis" changing?
- siguie -

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,954 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

Wow, you are lucky MacC you got a lot of words.  I too have used his program but never got so many hits. Maybe siguie can tell us more about the program?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:17 PM

View Postsiguie, on 12 September 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

Excellent!!! Thank you! :yes:

Did you get the number of scans? or notice anything about "emphasis" changing?

No, I didn't count the number of scans. By "emphasis" do you mean how many hits per word?

I'm running a new one-hour scan session and will write down the Word, Scan no., Hits, and Session no.(as in how many ten scan runs)

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 12 September 2017 - 11:11 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:42 PM

Okay, here's the data for the hour( at 12 sessions per the hour).

Session #1:
Daughter - 2 hits - scan #4

Session #2:
Zanna - 2 hits - scan #4
If - 2 hits - scan #5
Most - 2 hits - scan #9

Session #3:
Crowd - 3 hits - scan#1
Sickness - 2 hits - scan #10

Session #4:
Mention - 2 hits - scan #4
Alone - 2 hits - scan #5
Creature - 2 hits - scan #8

Session #5:
Spring - 2 hits - scan #6
Refer - 2 hits - scan #8

Session #6:
Shout - 2 hits - scan #6
Protect - 2 hits - scan #7

Session #7:
However - 2 hits - scan #1
Record - 2 hits - scan #3
Coach - 2 hits - scan #5
Toes - 2 hits - scan #6
Explain - 2 hits - scan 7#

Session #8:
Record - 2 hits - scan #2
Up - 2 hits - scan #5
Claim - 2 hits - scan #10

Session #9:
Teach - 2 hits - scan #2
Pull - 2 hits - scan #3
Carry - 2 hits - scan #10

Session #10:
Riddle - 2 hits - scan #5
Fight - 2 hits - scan #6
Around - 2 hits - scan #7

Session #11:
Hurt - 2 hits - scan #6
Pass - 2 hits - scan #7

Session #12:
Destroy - 2 hits - scan #4
Blue - 2 hits - scan #5
Lake - 2 hits - scan #8
Rose - 2 hits - scan #9
Warm - 2 hits - scan #10

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:41 AM

Nah it's fine but you may want to give the ghost cookie remembererer a try :yes: After you finish a run there's a link to "run again" BUT there is also a button that sez "Ghost Cookie Save" iffen you has cookies enabled/allowed on your browser it will store everything with date, time and emphasis included. Oh and you can store as much data as you set your browser cookie limits, and for as long as you let them persist. In geek terms that's 4093 bytes for the total number of cookies per domain {psifly} ... in mundane human terms that's a lot but you will eventually run out so don't go crazy or store for too long :no:

Every time you see a word there is a number preceding it, I call it emphasis, the minimum is 2, and it means the word was chosen twice during that scan. An option that I haven't implemented yet is the ability to require emphasis be a specific number like 3 or greater which would require each word you see to be chosen 3 times minimum per scan in order to count as a hit.

I'm glad you are playing with it :yes: I was actually hoping that at some point somebody would so I could present an argument for why random word generators could/can be used and maybe come up with better tweaks for GT :yes:

Anywho let me first present a hypothetical which is kind of how I started thinking about writing GT. So assuming ghosts/spirits/whatever exist and wanted to communicate but had limited abilities ... say for example the ability to make a coin land Heads instead of Tails. What would it take for "you" to believe that a ghost was communicating with you through coin flipage with Heads meaning :yes: and Tails meaning :no: ?

Basically how many times would a coin flip need to land Heads/Tails before "you" would believe that a ghost was answering your yes/no question? :) This is a personal question so there is no right answer and because it's theoretically possible for a coin to be flipped and come up Heads a bazillion times there may still be no entity tweaking BUT for most people there is likely a two digit number :yes:
- siguie -

#12 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:47 AM

Oh that's a little odd ... you did 12 sessions and got results for each one? I'll need to recalculate the odds later but I get roughly 25% nuthin and mostly one or two random words.
- siguie -

#13 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

At my school (read my PM @siguie) I get responses almost every session (even if it's not a spirit). I did have two-three high-clarity sessions happen over the time i've been using it. (Like, what....3-4 days???) I had a hit of 3 Destroy then on the next scan 2 Destroy.

I use 30 scans/11 seconds per scan.

Edited by HotSpot24, 14 September 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#14 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

So far it just seems like randomly generated words
Posted Image

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,210 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 14 September 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

That exactly what I was going to say. .... interesting though.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

I did twelve 10 run session and here's the results.

Sep 14, 2017 19:51:45 => 2 Summer 2 reply 2 damage 2 person
Sep 14, 2017 19:45:41 => 2 vest 2 June 2 toothbrush
Sep 14, 2017 19:39:23 => 2 under 2 minister
Sep 14, 2017 19:33:19 => 2 battle
Sep 14, 2017 19:26:58 => 2 there 2 finger 2 sofa
Sep 14, 2017 19:20:43 => 2 tree 2 suffer
Sep 14, 2017 19:9:51 => 2 suggest 2 attack
Sep 14, 2017 19:3:29 => 2 do 2 compare
Sep 14, 2017 18:56:36 => 2 wealth
Sep 14, 2017 18:39:26 => 2 carpenter 2 cross
Sep 14, 2017 18:26:53 => 2 remember
Sep 14, 2017 18:10:3 => 2 house 2 clover 2 well 2 notice

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

I did another session with only one 10 run. This one's weird. Does your app do words with numbers?

Sep 14, 2017 20:42:55 => 2 creature 2 tater 2 7

Edited for spelling.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 14 September 2017 - 06:48 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 14 September 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Yes, technically it is a random word generator :yes: But the thing that most people do not realize is currently there are no truly "random" number generators. Mostly what is used is a function that produces a statistically even numerical output based on an initially entered 'seed' value.

What makes the system appear "random" is not knowing what the 'seed' value is. That said on modern devices the seed often comes from sensors or hardware device queries. I wrote GT to run in such a way as to give entities as many paths to alter the outcome as I could.

But what you probably want to know is how are any batch of words short of a full sentence suggestive of an entity. My answer is that it depends on timing and context.

Ok the point of that coin flipping question is that most people have what I call a 'credulity point' a point at which if something unlikely enough occurs they are willing to believe something ... unusual action, outside force or paranormal is transpiring. In the case of coin flipping, if you asked an entity a question then flipped a coin no one would take much stock in it as being paranormal. If however you asked your question and flipped the coin 10 times and got heads every time many people would begin to wonder or atleast check to make sure it isn't a two headed coin. Taking it further I'd say by the time you received 1,000 heads in a row the majority of people would have passed their credulity point and think that something either a trick or an entity is at play.

So to directly answer Vlawdes statement, technically yes it is a set of  randomly generated words :yes: Unless there is an entity or "something" affecting the choices that is what you should expect to get. If you are in contact with AND your entity is trying to communicate you should expect a mixture of  {normal} random background words AND whatever your entity has added.

So how does one tell the difference you might ask, well first of all if you are actively using GT while asking questions you will get a response in about 10 seconds with the default settings. I made it that way so it would work in a similar fashion to doing EVPs ... you know question then hope for an answer, next question wait for a response etc. The difference is you "could" see a response right away. That tone you hear when there is a hit was added so you can run this in the dark and only look down when you hear there is a hit. However, if you just look at the final result then yes it will appear random. Hence my point about timing and context.

If the response doesn't make sense then it's probably just a randomly generated word.The other way to tell if something is trying to make contact is the "emphasis" aka that number that precedes each hit. The larger the number the greater the emphasis ... what does this mean I hear you ask ...

Good Question I am glad you asked :yes: The way GhosTalk works is by choosing words randomly in 10 pairs with a slight time offset. This is that 20 number matrix thing you see slowly filling up and constitutes a scan. IF two words match that is a "Hit" with an emphasis of "2" when you see numbers greater than two that is the number of times that word got chosen so an emphasis of 3 means the word came up 3 times and on up to 20 which means all of the chosen words were the same.

This brings me back to that coin flipping and the point of credulity. Let's make things easy and say there are 750 words {there are more but I forget the exact number} the odds for a specific word to show up twice in a scan {an emphasis of 2} is 750x750 or 562,500 and emphasis of 3 would be 421,875,000.

Ok I hear ya sure those are big numbers meaning they are very unlikely to happen by chance EXCEPT of course you have to take in the number of combinations and factor in the potential of choosing 10 per scan with 10 scans per session {default setting} which happens to be a 100 slots for a 750+ combinations which if you do the math came out to average around  something like 2 or 3 hits per session as I recall {it's been a while so don't quote me on that}.

So how/why is this thing of any use, well for one IF you get a response immediately following your question  the word you get has a chance of less than 1 in 500,000 of showing up so if it is pertinent to your question to me it's not unreasonable to consider it a potential hit {aka that's above my point of credulity} if your point of credulity is greater then just throw out anything with an emphasis below 3 or whatever you choose.

In this way I believe GT is equal to or better than a Ghost Box scanning channels with a live antenna. Also it's a lot cheaper than an Ovilus AND it's not designed to be entertainment like the other apps :no:

There ya go is it a "random word generator" yes :yes: is it meant to be "proof" of something :no: Can it be useful I say Yes :yes:

Personally I like running it in various areas and just ask for anything wanting to communicate to do so, then just get lots of acquisitions and then throw it all into a word frequency counter. Some words do show up more frequently ... is this anything more than a coincidence ... I dunno but it is interesting to see :yes:

So there ya goes that's the basics :bunny:

Edited by siguie, 14 September 2017 - 08:43 PM.

- siguie -

#19 jennski

jennski

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

Well...I've been getting a lot of random words that makes no sense, BUT yesterday morning I was making breakfast, wearing only pants and bra, and I left GT running in the background for only one session and without asking questions and it produced the word "sweater". Sure made me giggle. :lol: :ashamed0002:

#20 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

What type of diabolical entity would try and get women INTO clothes Posted Image clearly not a rational human male :no:

Posted Image

Posted Image  Yeah I admit the majority of GhosTalk users are just ghost fishing ... letting it run in the background then seeing what they catch but every once in a while you get something that makes you wonder ... I still remember one time late at night, pizza boxes on the floor and stuff scattered everywhere ... I hear the chime go off and take a look and see "clean room" Posted Image
- siguie -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users