51 replies to this topic

#1 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

Ok, so I have confirmed the scratching noises have got to be from squirrels or mice.

I was in my garage getting laundry from the drier as my husband was pulling out of the driveway and I heard what sounded like voices. They were loud. Like television turned up too loud in the next room to loud. I checked the whole house and nobody in hear but I knew my husband was close so asked him to come back. There's only one place they could be if they were inside... the attic.

So with him holding the ladder, I climbed up. There is a hole in our roof about a foot by 6 inches. It wasn't there when we moved in because we had an inspector come in before we bought it. It must have been just small enough that he didn't see it. It's been about two years and we get bad rain here quite alot, especially over the summer. So that's the first thing. The second thing is that the whole roof is being held up by two wooden boards., Both of which are bowing under the weight and one that looks like it might snap if it goes too much longer which could make a MUCH bigger problem than just a whole in the roof.

Glad we have one of those home warranty things. Not sure how much they will cover though. Really hope it's all of it.

The previous owners also left a big mess up there. I couldn't see the water heater either but we know it's in the roof and it's like 30 years old and needs replaced. I'm betting it was somewhere behind the bricked fireplace. Boxes, and garbage. Found one filled with mardi gras beads. Bunch of boxes of tiles for the flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. Plus some boxes laying on their sides that I couldn't tell what was in them from the distance (didn't want to walk around in there with a faulty roof).

This sucks, but at least I know that's not a spirit messing with me. might explain some of the other noises we've been hearing up there too. Needs fixed asap.

#2 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,291 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

So you actually saw signs of squirrels or mice in the attic?
Droppings, bedding or shredded material? I guess if that's the case, it answers most or all of the haunting concerns.

And the voices you were hearing when your husband was driving away were what? wind or squirrels?

Just trying to understand your verification of it actually being rodents, wind, etc. .....very good if that eliminates the ghost!  :)
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

Didn't see any animals actually, too much garbage in there. What a pigsty. Can't believe anyone would just leave it like that. I'm just thinking that's what it is because it makes sense. Although it doesn't answer all the concerns.

Last night I heard my bedroom door open and I could have sworn someone was watching me, but I could have been wrong since I was half asleep (I wake up really easy though).

Once the roof is fixed, I want to go up there properly and take a better look around, especially at the hot water heater. I've been wanting to move that heater from the attic since we moved here down into the garage but not sure what it costs. I just think the attic is a terrible place to put it. If there's a leak, it could destroy the house. At least if something goes wrong with the heater, it will likely just cause problems in the garage if it's in there.

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:51 AM

So it seems we have a combination of house noises, possible rodent situation and a ghost in the house as well.  
That would be an interesting case for a ghost hunting group to investigate.  Posted Image B)

I hope you are able to fix the roof before winter sets in... or at least brace it up and patch the hole for now. :  )

Posted Image

#5 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, one adventure to the next, hmmm? Would be nice to have just three months without something happening. And I do mean anything something. I'd like to spend three months where I just go to work, come home, spend time with husband, play games on my computers and NOTHING ELSE happens. No house problems, no cat problems, no family problems, no health problems, nothing. Just boring mundane life. I need a break.

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

I know.... I'm having a lot of stuff going on right now too. Including a health issue that I now have to deal with. I need to start eating better. :  )
Posted Image

#7 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:34 PM

I hope your medical issue gets solved. It's totally scary to have that stuff happens. You guys have been great support for me here, and it's so much appreciated. It's been a really really hard couple of years and you have all helped me stay sane. I hope you can feel the same for many of the common posters here. It helps to have someone to talk to, sometimes people that aren't directly involved. They can often have a clearer head about issues.

Edited by moiraesfate, 07 November 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

So it had seemed to calm down after Halloween was over. But in the last week or so, I've been seeing things out of the corner of my eye. Shadows. Yesterday, it looked like one close to the ground like an animal. I'd have thought it was my cat but she was sitting on the couch nearby. And just now, a big thin shadow walked in front of my television. I admit, it could have been the television, but it seemed to be from the floor and taller than the top of the television. Very weird.

#9 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

It seems to me, that holidays perk up the activity in your home.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Or I'm just going nuts lol.

#11 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

:lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

Just saw a shadow pass in front of my front door lit from the window behind it. Human shaped, walked from right to left, no definable features. Disappeared soon as I looked that way.

#13 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

Is it purposely bothering/irritating you or is it just annoying, that it happens to be there?

The guy i deal with is just annoying, he'll stand out on my porch and stare at me. At times, I wish I could just smack him up side the head and ask, "What's your problem?!"

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

Mostly annoying. It makes me think there's something wrong with me. I've had these kinds of experiences my whole life but it completely died off for years after my car accident in 2004 (I had some brain damage. Most of which seems to have healed itself. I though that area of my brain had been too severely injured to recover). Then I go in to the hospital for my recent surgery a few months ago and come back out and its been ever since. I'm having at least one experience a week on the norm.

I've been forced into menopause because of the surgery... is this something to do with that? Or was it the surgery itself that started it? Did the anesthesia have some kind of negative effect on my brain? Or is it that I dragged something home with me when I was there and have just been fortunate enough not to have done the same before now?

One of the reasons we moved into this house is because I was positive nothing was haunting it and nothing happened here until my surgery. Even my husband has said he's seen a shadow man (and he is very decidedly NOT attracting to spirits. He's had maybe two or three experiences his entire life).

There's a reason I avoid looking at cemeteries, and try to avoid hospitals as much as possible. I even avoid haunted places if I can. I don't want to bring anything with me.

And it just happened again as I was typing this. A shadow walked past the door with the light from the window behind it.

#15 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:59 AM

It could be that your brain's healing, the anesthesia,  and/or the chemical changes brought on by the menopause, could have awoken that part of your brain.

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,190 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

I had emergency surgery when my appendix ruptured 15 years ago. When that happened my eyesight was fine. I was in the hospital 5 days after the surgery to recover (Kids, don't walk around 3 days with a burst appendix) I noticed I couldn't read the newspaper without a lot of effort. Figured it was after effects of the anesthesia and would wear off. Never did, I've worn glasses since. I'd expect I'd eventually need glasses over time, but the immediate need tells me the anesthesia had something to do with it
Posted Image

#17 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

I hope it's all just the aftereffects of the drugs. It's driving me crazy.

#18 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

So i just saw a shadow cross from the wall next to my front door and walk into the room next to it. I'm sitting on the couch, and the shadow disappeared as soon as it hit the doorway for the other room (there is no door on this doorway). It happened fast, like a second or two. No holiday this time. I can see the other room almost completely from where i'm sitting.

Edited by moiraesfate, 04 January 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#19 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:44 PM

Hm... does it interact with you? If not ignore it. That's what I do. I usually roll my eyes and go back to what ever I'm doing or if it's just standing there staring at me, I'll yell at, "WHAT?".

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

So last night I was playing a stupid little game on my phone right before bed. I finally turned it off, the light off, and rolled over to sleep. And I SWEAR I heard the sound of someone taking a deep breath and sighing right behind me. Absolutely swear it. Only my husband was in the living room watching tv, the door was closed, and the fan in the room is loud for the white noise so I couldn't hear any noise from the living room. I turned on the lamp to search the whole room... nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users