Free Skins
© Fisana

Want To Change My Hair To Something Fun... Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

So hey guys, I was thinking about doing something fun with my hair. For the first time in my life, I don't work with the public and likely won't anytime soon. I've been working with the public since I was 12. I want to do something fun for a change. Blue (which is my favorite color)? Purple? Green? Blends? Pastels? What do you think? Should I dip dye it (dye the tops) or do my whole head or maybe just strands of it? I loath red, orange and yellow, just fyi. Keep in mind all these colors are temporary and will wash out in about 6-8 weeks, possibly sooner. Just the nature of the color, there is no permanent fun colors. Generally, you have to go blond to make it last too. You've all seen a pic of me, what do you think?

Edited by moiraesfate, 04 January 2017 - 07:34 PM.

#2 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

Personally, I like idea of either blue and purple.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Blue doesn't stick well to your hair but stains everything else (three days in my hair...  three weeks before I got the last of the blue tinge off my legs,  the tub I did it in is still probably blue a couple years later).

I liked purple but I'm fairly dark and it mimicked the shade of my natural hair color (dark purple and dark brown).

Pink and red will hang out forever.

Green can be hard to pull off.   I'd try a spray in (the wash out Halloween ones)  before committing to that.   But then the blue,  which I wear all the time and looks fine on me looked terrible in my hair...  so...

It's less that you have to go blonde for it to last and more that you need a light base for it to pop. As my hair grew out I overdyed all of it but the color was really only visible in my bleached hair unless I was in strong sunlight.

I'm waiting to go grey so I can do it again without all the damage (I had to do a 60% bleach to get my hair light enough to actually dye it).   But I loved the allover look and absolutely miss it, although I don't miss dying my hair every three weeks or the purple pillowcase,  purple fingernails,  purple scalp...

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:58 PM

Awww, I so love blue. That sucks. Wonder why it's so hard to get it to stick. I don't know about the green, I think it could end up looking swampy really easy. Purple would be my next choice, I think. Does the pink dye your tub or your body the way the other colors do?

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

I haven't used pink but the people I know who have haven't mentioned it (but the stuff I've mentioned I have discussed with other people with those colors so it's not just my experience).

But hydrogen peroxide helps avoid about 80% of the scrubbing that's going to happen with any of those colors.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

How long does purple last and will it dye everything too?

What I really want is this...

https://www.youtube....h?v=bVvq-DoTbP4

Go to the 7:40 mark. I soooo love this. Love it love it. But I'd have to do it myself because I bet it would be $250 in the hairdressers. Of course, if it's going to wash out in three days, then what's the point.

You have to redye every 3 weeks? Is it because you wash your hair every day?

#7 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,522 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:23 PM

Well, if it's just for fun....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#8 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:24 PM

There are a number of factors that determine how often you have to redye.   I washed my hair every other day with a color preserving (no sulfates)  shampoo in cold water and used a conditioner with sunscreen in it.   But my hair is super straight with a smooth cuticle which makes  doing anything with it difficult.   The color literally slides off where someone with a different texture it might stain their hair and last until it grows out.   The norm,  taking good care of it is five or six weeks.

With the purple I had "normal"  bleed.   Which meant I had to scrub my tub and neck and fingernails carefully for three or four shampoos  and had a dedicated pillowcase I didn't like very much because my hair stained it when it was fresh.  I dyed my hair like normal hair dye and didn't have any issues with dying random body parts when I rinsed the dye out in the course of a shower.   With the blue I was a smurf.   Everywhere the rinse water touched was blue and it took weeks to scrub off completely.

Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:11 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,522 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

Fun  ^_^
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#11 Faranormal

Faranormal

Orb

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:48 AM

I like variety so sometimes "blitz it off and wear a different wig every day"

Posted Image

#12 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

My daughter has had every color of the rainbow.  The best dyes that we've used are Pravana Vivids and Artic Fox.  To make the colors last wash in cool/cold water and if you can use conditioner only.

What is your natural/current color?

#13 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

My hair is light to medium brown. It's started going a bit gray (I have gray strands at age 40. Ugghhh) so it seems to be getting lighter. It used to be a dark brown. I heard special effects is a good brand, and it lasts a long time, but I'm  not sure where to find it since it seems to be a UK brand. I've also heard that Splat and Manic Panic don't last long.First things first, I need to bleach it anyway, I'm just trying to decide what I want to do after.

Has anyone tried Joico Intensity? According to reviews, the only thing it dyes is your hair. It doesn't dye the tub, any other areas of your body, or the sheets and clothing. Plus it lasts a long time. One girl said it was two months before it faded enough to redye it.

Edited by moiraesfate, 05 January 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#14 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,267 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

I love it when women go for the blues,purples and greens in their hair. It is fun and sexy. Also the "skunk" look, where part of the hair is blonde and underlying areas brown. Have fun and experiment!
Posted Image

#15 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

:lol: I was blonde when born and it slowly darkened over time. When I was twelve, I ended up brownish, with a blonde streak right down the middle. By thirteen it all turned dark and as soon as that happened, it started to go white.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:23 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 05 January 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

:lol: I was blonde when born and it slowly darkened over time. When I was twelve, I ended up brownish, with a blonde streak right down the middle. By thirteen it all turned dark and as soon as that happened, it started to go white.

I had very fair to white hair when I was born and then it went very dark by my teens too. I was the only one who never coloured my hair in my 20s and was always asked why I would dye it dark by people. Little did they know my blonde mother and sister were the ones colouring their hair :)
Posted Image

#17 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

I was blond when I was a kid. Like the color of gold only not quite (my sister had the pleasure of gold hair until she was a teenager. Lucky). I'm going to go lighter than that though if I want to dye it the fun colors.

#18 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Depending on the color you don't have to go too light.   For the bright colors I used (the one in my picture and the purple I've mentioned)  my stylist took my hair to school bus yellow.   It was hideous but the bold colors covered it completely and the purple toned it to a normal blonde as it faded out.   Yes I have a picture and no,  I'm not sharing with anyone.   Between the color and the demented look on my face it's not for public consumption.

Posted Image

#19 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

lol. Thanks Tantric. The most I ever did when I was younger was blond streaks. I've been looking at how to do it myself. Shouldn't be too hard. Just need powder, 30 developer (though you can go 20 which will take longer or 40 which will hurt your hair), and a toner to take the brass out. Then wash with purple hair shampoo and you should be good. Might take two or three times to get it the color you want depending on how dark your hair is. Black hair may take 3 or 4.

I have to say, people are going to be floored at my hair. First at the blond, then at the color after. But I want to do something fun for a change.

#20 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:33 PM

I love all the different colours that are out there at the moment! Go a lovely purple or pink colour, that's my bet! And the dip dye look is really great :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users