13 replies to this topic

#1 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

I have been diagnosed with DID. I'm numb and honestly not sure what to feel about it. I've reached out to a forum with a bunch of people who also have it.

I'm scared. Would rather have the haunting back. The personalities come out sometimes but I've been vigilant in keeping them suppressed for the most part. Now I'm told that I not only have to acknowledge them but also communicate with them.

I turned to you guys because I feel comfortable here. It's my safe spot. Sometimes creepy, but I like that. Lol

file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#2 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

So what are the symptoms of DID so more of us can understand?  I'm very sorry to hear of your bad news.
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#3 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

It's better known as multiple personality disorder. There are many symptoms. Hearing different voices in your head. Various age ranges and genders. These personalities taking over and managing different aspects of life. Sometimes unbeknownst to you and you get to find out later what happened. For instance, someone tells me about a conversation with them that I didn't have. Time lapses, suddenly realize that I'm in the bathroom with a pair of scissors with no recollection of how or why I got there and why do I have scissors? The list goes on.

I'm told by my therapist that each personality is holding a memory of my traumatic past and the approximate age of when it happened. They aren't always human or the same gender as me. Little kids to adults who each have their own personality.

My fear is that I communicate with them and they'll reveal those traumas full force. Not sure if that would happen but reliving the past isn't something I'm looking forward to.
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Earthbound Spirit

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

I am so sorry Mikaru. :cwy:
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,522 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:52 PM

Have you ever posted here as one of the other personalities?
Did they prescribe medication? Because that will help. ..... And did you read the posts a month or two ago from the young man that also had DID?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:16 AM

I think there was another member on here who was diagnosed with DID. Off the top of my memory, I can't recall their username.

I am really glad you have been diagnosed and I understand it might be frightening at first but I am sure you will cope very well. Your mind has coped the best it could; now through the therapist and talking you will understand your condition better and be given cognitive coping skills so you can manage and co-exist more peacefully with your personalities. Remember your past can't hurt you, you have already shown you are a survivor. Take one day at a time, make sure you are well informed and relaxed about what your treatment involves. There are professional people in your community who can and will be happy to help you. It will be an exciting time for you to take back your control :) and I wish you all the best on your journey.

Know that we are always here for you if you need a sounding board.
Posted Image

#7 Kaida

Kaida

Apport

• GS Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

I'm very sorry, Mikaru.  We are here for you.

#8 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 07 March 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

... And did you read the posts a month or two ago from the young man that also had DID?

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 08 March 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

I think there was another member on here who was diagnosed with DID. Off the top of my memory, I can't recall their username.

It was daoistonmyouji in A Demon I Saw When I Was A Little Kid (True Ghost Stories and Haunted Places).  Here is what I posted in his thread.

What Are the Symptoms of Dissociative Identity Disorder?

Dissociative Identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With Dissociative Identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With Dissociative Identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.
The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests.

Along with the dissociation and multiple or split personalities, people with Dissociative disorders may experience a number of other psychiatric problems, including symptoms:
  • Depression
  • Mood swings
  • Suicidal tendencies
  • Sleep disorders (insomnia, night terrors, and sleep walking)
  • Anxiety, panic attacks, and phobias (flashbacks, reactions to stimuli or "triggers")
  • Alcohol and drug abuse
  • Compulsions and rituals
  • Psychotic-like symptoms (including auditory and visual hallucinations)
  • Eating disorders
Other symptoms of Dissociative Identity disorder may include headache, amnesia, time loss, trances, and "out of body experiences." Some people with Dissociative disorders have a tendency toward self-persecution, self-sabotage, and even violence (both self-inflicted and outwardly directed). As an example, someone with Dissociative Identity disorder may find themselves doing things they wouldn't normally do, such as speeding, reckless driving, or stealing money from their employer or friend, yet they feel they are being compelled to do it. Some describe this feeling as being a passenger in their body rather than the driver. In other words, they truly believe they have no choice.

Source

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

View PostMikaru, on 07 March 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

I have been diagnosed with DID. I'm numb and honestly not sure what to feel about it. I've reached out to a forum with a bunch of people who also have it.

I'm scared. Would rather have the haunting back. The personalities come out sometimes but I've been vigilant in keeping them suppressed for the most part. Now I'm told that I not only have to acknowledge them but also communicate with them.

I turned to you guys because I feel comfortable here. It's my safe spot. Sometimes creepy, but I like that. Lol

Get a second opinion...

#10 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

What MacCGStudy said is fitting.
One of my alts may have posted. I would have to go through my posts to look for personality changes.

Chris, it really appears that I have DID. My therapist drilled me with questions and an alt answered one of the questions for me. I'm not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer but this guy was. It's important to note that I was aware at the time and was impressed by how well spoken and intelligent this personality was. The therapist noticed that it wasn't like me to speak like that. I'm usually informal, use small words, and say very little. However, I will get a second opinion because it seems to be a sound course of action.

Thank you for all the support.

I give up lol

#11 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Hi Mikaru, good to see you on here again. Sorry to hear that you've been diagnosed with DID, but I'm happy to hear that you've got a therapist that you appear to trust and who is going to look after you. We're always here so I hope you continue to come in and let us know how you're going.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#12 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

IMHO Second opinions (provided you've got a good insurance plan) don't hurt.
Also make sure you are 100% sure of your therapist, if you aren't you need to find one you are comfortable with.
and when you do have a good therapist, though it will be tough, dealing with the trauma will make going forward a much smoother path for you.

#13 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Good Morning!

I have never met you, but please know that I wish you the very best in wherever this journey takes you.  

While I am certainly aware of this condition, I had no idea that it affects so many people and that some people live with it without ever really finding out. People here have suggested a second opinion, and that really isn't a bad idea.  Provided medical coverage isn't an issue of course, it could prove helpful.

Hang in there...  

Muriel!

#14 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Terribly sorry to read this, Mikaru.  We will try to help out the best we can with advice.

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users