8 replies to this topic

#1 SMS

SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:53 AM

well, i didnt speak in my sleep last night but i did catch some weird noises.  I donot have any animals or fan on.  It sounds like a plastic bag is being crinkled around, and the clips are short so there for I'm almost sure it wsn't me activating the voice activated recorder.  Hear for yourself....

the first clip is me coughing in my sleep but I have no idea what that noise is behind me like a snapping or clicking noise.

there's the snapping or clicking noise again, in the second clip.

I have no idea about the third noise ont the third clip....

either way, the voice activated recorder recorded something.  whether it was me or the spirit in our home, I don't know.  Maybe you all can tell  me.

Edited by SMS, 01 November 2004 - 08:57 AM.

#2 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Trained Skywarn Stormspotter/chaser for the NWS in Shreveport LA.<br />Founder and lead investigator in the E.TX area for a paranormal group.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

do you twist and turn in your sleep?if so,that could be one reason for the sounds.
also,do you sleep with your door closed?if not,the sounds you capture could be coming from the hallway.
on some of our evp testings,we get a wooring sound on tape that could be caused from the recorder itself.you can tell the difference in evp and the tapes doing.
to make sure that it you may have caught a spirit on tape,have everyone leave the house for like an hour(taking animals with ya).make sure everything is shut off(ac unit,ceiling fans,anything that could make a noise,turn off) and leave the recorder in your room "voice activated".shut your bedroom door behind you.
come back in an hour,turn everything on,and listen to the recorder.if you capture anything,then it should not be natural (but do notice if you have traffic outside your house,you have to rule that factor in).
thats all the advice i can give,other than one night,set up a nightvision camcord WITH NIGHTSHOT on and leave the room.check it later and see if you capture anything.
good luck and keep us posted.
"If  you want to live life on your own terms,you gotta be willing to crash and burn"-MOTLEY CRUE

#3 SMS

SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:11 AM

thanks mesocyclone.  good idea.  i do sleep with my door close and the recorder was right next to my bad.   It almost osunds like my x girlfriends cat who would wake me up in the middle of the night playing with a plastic bag or the blinds.  I don't know.  there is a possibility that it was me grinding my teeth, but that would be more like biting them in the middle of the night.  I don't roll around in my sleep.  i sleep on my back and wake up that way.  I was pretty impresses though at the sensitivity in the voice activation.  thanks for the feedback....I'll give it a try the next time there isn't 15 people crashed out in our house.

#4 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Trained Skywarn Stormspotter/chaser for the NWS in Shreveport LA.<br />Founder and lead investigator in the E.TX area for a paranormal group.

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:12 AM

ok,just listened to your recordings.
you do have something on there.but unless you were awake to notice the sounds, we have to be skeptical.
now,with that said,just yesterday at an investigation we did at a historical building,a team member and i were alone in a room doing evp testing and heard nothing the whole time.going back last night to see if we caught anything,we heard lound bangings almost similiar to what you caught.so,what was it?don't know.but we heard nothing or we would have marked it on tape saying what it was.but we heard nothing.so you may have actually captured something very interesting.
but do the test i gave in my last post and we will take it from there.
good luck
"If  you want to live life on your own terms,you gotta be willing to crash and burn"-MOTLEY CRUE

#5 Guest_KJMagic_*

Guest_KJMagic_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:04 PM

Ok, this is getting annoying!! I am new to this board(but have used the invision board software a few times) and i cant see how to listen to clips people post!  I mean i can see pictures, but every time i see someone posting about a audio clip, or a video i cant see where to listen/see it! thx.

#6 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

wish i could help kj,but i don't know how to do it either.maybe someone next on here could explain to us how to do so.

#7 SMS

SMS

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(mesocyclonef5 @ Nov 1 2004, 12:12 PM)
ok,just listened to your recordings.
you do have something on there.but unless you were awake to notice the sounds, we have to be skeptical.
now,with that said,just yesterday at an investigation we did at a historical building,a team member and i were alone in a room doing evp testing and heard nothing the whole time.going back last night to see if we caught anything,we heard lound bangings almost similiar to what you caught.so,what was it?don't know.but we heard nothing or we would have marked it on tape saying what it was.but we heard nothing.so you may have actually captured something very interesting.
but do the test i gave in my last post and we will take it from there.
good luck
View Post

QUOTE(KJMagic @ Nov 1 2004, 11:04 PM)
Ok, this is getting annoying!! I am new to this board(but have used the invision board software a few times) and i cant see how to listen to clips people post!  I mean i can see pictures, but every time i see someone posting about a audio clip, or a video i cant see where to listen/see it! thx.
View Post

I am going to do your test mesocyclone very soon!
also in regards to your ? KJ, we think the reason why all...of the pics that ive posted have dissapeared is because I'm erasing them from my attachments so I can upload more stuff, which when u do that pulls them off of the board.  so here they are again.  sorry.

#8 mesocyclonef5

mesocyclonef5

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:11 PM

SMS,just listend to your DL again.
i have a question.did you tape these while you were asleep or when no one was around.
this is the explination that i get off the three reels in the order in which you listed them.
reel 1-coughing (plainly heard),there also appears to be a slapping sound.
reel 2-don't know
reel 3-one of the sounds sounds like something is rubbing across the mic. the second to last or last one (one of the two)sounds like a swivle chair or a chair that leans back in the seat is in motion.
thats all i can offer for now.
keep up the evps and let us know when you capture more.

#9 Fairy

Fairy

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(mesocyclonef5 @ Nov 4 2004, 04:11 PM)
SMS,just listend to your DL again.
i have a question.did you tape these while you were asleep or when no one was around.
this is the explination that i get off the three reels in the order in which you listed them.
reel 1-coughing (plainly heard),there also appears to be a slapping sound.
reel 2-don't know
reel 3-one of the sounds sounds like something is rubbing across the mic. the second to last or last one (one of the two)sounds like a swivle chair or a chair that leans back in the seat is in motion.
thats all i can offer for now.
keep up the evps and let us know when you capture more.
View Post

h.o isn't this when u were sleeping and what you are saying in yyour sleep