Musical Entities?

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

This may seem out of place here, but I can't find a better category for it.

So, I recently had an audition for band and my director had something called a strobe tuner. I was wondering if something like this would work for communication purposes. (Not that I'm going to try it, this is theoretical)

The spirit at my house sometimes has said my name while I've been playing the piano. So when I sit down to play the piano, I usually play Disney stuff or Two Steps from Hell stuff. In other words: Very loud. For a long time I thought it was one of my parents calling me (most likely to probably tell me to shut up, but idk) Now I think it's the same spirit that I wrote about in another thread, because it happened again and I asked my mom if she said anything. She said she didn't. And it sounded female, so I didn't bother asking my dad.

Anyway, to the point. Would a strobe tuner work because you can change the verner (semi-tone) settings on it?
Have any of you had any 'musical' entity experiences?

#2 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Interesting, I haven't myself! Sometimes I think I hear music,  but I dismiss it, it is more like the phone tunes :crazy:  and now I am going to have to google strobe tuner.

I will be interested to see if anyone has too :yes:

I would have loved to have played the piano, I am very jealous :D
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:34 AM

On a completely unrelated topic, I encourage ALL MUSIC LOVERS to take a listen to some of the Two Steps from Hell
stuff on youtube. My faves that I can play on piano include, Star Sky, Battleborne, Heart of Courage, Sariel, and Flight of the Silverbird. And all of these (aside from maybe heart of courage) are loud pieces. So I know I wasn't imagining the voice lol.

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

I am intrigued with this concept, but I have not had any experience with it. When I play Meat Loaf, which is almost all I play when on the PC, I usually blast it as if I was front row center at one of his concerts... love that man.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 28 September 2017 - 11:45 AM.

My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

I don't know if it counts, but I sometimes hear calyope music when I go to bed late at night.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#6 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Everything counts lol... :)

#7 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:43 PM

I'm not sure how a ghost is supposed to effect a strobe tuner. Basically they just show you how far off you are from a defined tone. Essentially you pick a defined note then play that note on your instrument and it shows you sharp/flat and an indicator of how far off.
My Signature
- siguie -

#8 HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

Yes. Here's my hypothesis: If you run a strobe tuner on the lowest khz settings (with no audio contamination, environment must be free of any outside sound), then an entity may be able to come through (because when you just talk into it, it does register as a blip in the circle).

Edited by HotSpot24, 29 September 2017 - 06:02 AM.

#9 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Actually how the thing displays will depend on your tuner and unless you think your spirit talks in a single low frequency tone i'm not sure what you'd expect to get. At best maybe a real time yes or no.

Alternatively you could use an audio recorder with a visual display, then choose a microphone with a good low frequency range and just do EVPs and you would get the equivalent of a strobe tuner plus a LOT more including recording functions :yes:

If you really had a musical entity you could also just measure the frequency to determine the pitch.
My Signature
- siguie -

#10 WhispersInTheAttic

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:anime. films. horror movies. music. playing guitar. video games. books and comics. writing. poetry. art. beaches. nature. photography. swimming. stargazing. the paranormal. graveyards. meditation. crystals, rocks and gemstones.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:23 AM

I can be in a deep deep sleep and I'll hear music as clear as day. It sometimes happens even inside of my dreams. Once I was in a car with my mother and my niece and we were all singing Kiss from a Rose by Seal. It never frightens me at all whenever it happens. I've always found it to be interesting.
My Signature

Posted Image

#11 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

Somewhat tangible, talk about this reminds me of Greek mythology and how (generally regarded female) creatures lured ships to their doom by song and music.
My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

Ah yes, the Sirens.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:43 PM

Love reading about the Sirens! Such an intriguing concept and a great read :D

I think the strobe tuner theory is plausible but my question would be what would this bring to the field that other instruments currently aren't able to do ?
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com