My First Verifiable Experience

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

I recently decided to journal my experiences for my daughter in case I am not able to relate them myself when she is old enough. This was the case with my mom. Dying when I was 10. Ive been thankful that various family members have shed some light by telling me of some of her experiences, but I can easily see that having these conversations with her myself would of filled in more blanks. Not having talked about my experiences with many and keeping most to myself, I see my daughter would be in the same lack of information situation or worse. This is a snippet of my first entry. IF ANYONE HAS HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, I WOULD SURE LOVE TO READ IT. Thank you.

"My first experience that I recall was a significant initiation to what has been a life largely filled with high strangeness.
I was 5 and it was the very first time my mom allowed me to stay up instead of laying down for a nap with her. My nephew, who was also my age, stayed up as well and we were told we had to play quietly in the living room, or we will also have to take a nap. I remember we both had blankets tied around our necks. He was Superman and I was Superwoman, naturally. We took turns standing on the arm of the couch and then jumping off as if to fly, landing on a quilt piled on the floor to soften our landings. It was the second time I jumped off the arm of the couch when I realized something was different this time. I did not land. Instead, with my feet directly behind me, I in fact “flew” the length of the living room which was 17 feet and into the kitchen where I began to descend and landed on the floor with a somewhat soft thud. Two things I experienced while in the air. First, I will say, to date, this is the only weird experience I have had that FELT positive and not menacing. Second, the unusual feeling of having my reality changed forever. I could almost feel the instant rewiring of my young brain to entertain the idea that I just did something supernatural.
I stood up amazed and my nephew, running up to me, met my enthusiasm that I had discovered my “ability” to fly. (Side note: Funny also, within a year, his favorite movie was The Dark Crystal was released, jabbing me at the theater when Kira stated matter-of-factually to Jen that of course he didn’t have wings. He was a boy.)
Our reverie of my newfound talent was interrupted by my mother calling crossly from the other room asking what happened. Apparently, my landing was audible, or she felt the vibration or possibly both. We ran in her room excitedly informed her I could fly and recounted the whole experience. My mother then did something out of character. She denied this happened and abruptly turned her head, dismissing my story and telling us to keep it down. I remember feeling so hurt as if being called a liar. It took years of experiences as well as hearing the family’s issues with dark forces for me to realize why she had reacted this way. I have actually found myself reacting the same way in the past when I was not ready to deal with certain phenomenon or when it was coming at me so fast I had to decide what to address at that moment and what to leave on the back burner. A kind of ‘Not Today’ mentality had to prevail for the sake of sanity, sometimes. Or at least it felt that way. An attempt to control what you “could not”.  Again, this I can say, was my ONLY positive experience with the weird as I do recall being enveloped in a distinct feeling of love, I have not experience in the same manner again, as if it were a tangible substance. This first experience was the strange beginning to what has been largely a strange reality.”

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 08:43 PM

The only time I had the feeling that I could fly was while dreaming and it is a common dream among children; also driving a car!

So what do you believe it was? Was it your ability to fly or do you think the loving feeling was a spirit helping you in your childhood game?
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 01 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

My sense of flying comes in dreams. People regularly have that included during their nightly coma. Flying can represent freedom, a new perspective or a sense of personal power.

Edited by EVP, 01 August 2019 - 11:56 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

KlaineyGStudy, on 01 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

The only time I had the feeling that I could fly was while dreaming and it is a common dream among children; also driving a car!

So what do you believe it was? Was it your ability to fly or do you think the loving feeling was a spirit helping you in your childhood game?
I cant say for sure. If I was neutral to the whole idea of flying, which allowed me to fly, my mothers comment afterward immediately solidified the belief this was not possible for a human, unaided. The last couple of years, the whole situation really had me contemplating how beliefs affect our experiences. I have tried to remember if I felt the sensation of hands on me but I have nothing except that intense feeling of love. I guess I would have to say there was something there that was amused by our child's play��

#5 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:41 PM

EVP, on 01 August 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

My sense of flying comes in dreams. People regularly have that included during their nightly coma. Flying can represent freedom, a new perspective or a sense of personal power.
That would be cool. I have never once dreamed I could fly (that I recall). I used to fall from high places in my dreams a lot and jerk myself awake. This usually happened when I was really tired. I remember one time I fell off a building about 20 stories and hit the concrete sidewalk even though I remembered in the dream that this was a dream but apparently it wasn't lucid enough of a dream for me to choose to fly instead of fall, lol.

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Altersense, on 12 August 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

That would be cool. I have never once dreamed I could fly (that I recall). I used to fall from high places in my dreams a lot and jerk myself awake. This usually happened when I was really tired. I remember one time I fell off a building about 20 stories and hit the concrete sidewalk even though I remembered in the dream that this was a dream but apparently it wasn't lucid enough of a dream for me to choose to fly instead of fall, lol.

I've only managed this a couple of times but if you can mentally look at your hands during the dreaming process you have the ability to "direct" your dream and somewhat control the outcome. Some also say that if you die in your dream you may not wake up but I've fallen a couple of times and things went black but I've always (to date) woken up. A little shaken and with a raised heartbeat but still alive to tell the story.

For the most part, I've found my dreams are subconscious reflections of real life insecurities when they border on disturbing. It's really difficult sometimes figuring out what lesson is being told. I think in many ways it's personal interpretation. The first step is to know yourself which has become increasingly more difficult these days with fast paced lives with subliminal distractions.

Edited by EVP, 12 August 2019 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image

#7 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

yes i dream i fell from high places to and hear you are alright as long as you don't hit the bottom glad i always woke up before doing that :fright:

#8 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostEVP, on 12 August 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

The first step is to know yourself which has become increasingly more difficult these days with fast paced lives with subliminal distractions.

How true. In fact, I have taken steps to devote the month of September to analyze where I am at, what I want, and where I want to be. I am looking forward to unplugging from the day to day.

As far as lucid dreaming....I did not know that about the hands. That's cool. I lucid dreamed heavily between the ages of 18 and 20. I went to sleep with the intention of doing so, to have fun with it. And to see faces I hadn't seen in a long time. I got married for the first time at 20 and being a working wife with more responsibilities, I guess I let it fall by the wayside, turning my attention to other things.

Dreaming seems to morph for me every so often. When I was young, I would dream about things that would happen the very next day. Events, conversations, etc. It was unnerving. It stopped about the time of this experience of flying. There was a phase for some years where I don't remember dreaming a thing. Most recently, I'm coming out of a phase where for the last 4 or 5 years, I dreamed but never recognized one person in my dreams. Every face was new to me. I'm not even sure I was me in the dreams. I've described it as dreaming other peoples dreams. The whole topic of dreaming is fascinating.

View PostLeticiaAlb, on 13 August 2019 - 05:09 AM, said:

yes i dream i fell from high places to and hear you are alright as long as you don't hit the bottom glad i always woke up before doing that :fright:

Lol, yes. Except for that one time, I am grateful Ive always woke up.

#9 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:51 PM

Altersense, regarding the topic about the paintings where you said lightbulbs have flickered and popped around you in the presence of an evil entity, have you ever checked what kind of lightbulbs they are? Id be interested to know if they were classic bulbs, LEDs, plasma, or some combination of them. Do the bulbs have any sort of reaction around you when you aren't perceiving the presence of a negative entity?

You might be a sort of spirit amp, feeding enough power into the air that an entity can either consume and pop the bulbs with, or the combined energy of you and the creature might be burning out the bulbs. Regarding your flight, it would take an incredible amount of energy on a spirit's part to do that, and might explain the sense of love you felt when it happened, spirits are commonly known to broadcast feelings into people. I've felt first hand a negative entity broadcasting fear into me (or maybe I was just scared @#$%less) while I was looking at it's manifested apparition. It seems feasible to me that you could have helped fuel an entity that made the flight possible.

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:54 AM

Nort Thalem, on 21 September 2019 - 07:51 PM, said:

Altersense, regarding the topic about the paintings where you said lightbulbs have flickered and popped around you in the presence of an evil entity, have you ever checked what kind of lightbulbs they are? Id be interested to know if they were classic bulbs, LEDs, plasma, or some combination of them. Do the bulbs have any sort of reaction around you when you aren't perceiving the presence of a negative entity?

You might be a sort of spirit amp, feeding enough power into the air that an entity can either consume and pop the bulbs with, or the combined energy of you and the creature might be burning out the bulbs.

She may be a SLIder if the bulb popping happens often.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 dash

dash

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 01:05 AM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

Good read. I think you might be right

#12 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:39 AM

At least myself and one young family member have this. Was pretty bad when I was younger but seems to have toned down as I've gotten older. I dont think Ive ever taken out light bulbs, never even considered it really, though now I have to question of I'm not the reason the street lamps directly in front of my employers are always malfunctioning :blink: .

Ive always needed light in the room to sleep though, and overheard my mother once complaining that no matter how quietly she flicks the light switch I'm awake and turning it back on within five minutes.

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:40 PM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

Thanks for posting this Mac. I did read the article and this phenomena seems similar to other interference caused by an agent in poltergeist activity where electrical devices have been affected.They are presenting it with a *believer* side by making the following statement.

Of course you won’t read about this in scientific journals, as there haven’t been any scientific studies concerning this phenomenon.

They can't use the scientific process with repeatable results to form a supporting hypothesis.  None of this random phenomena cooperates this way. Science isn't a perfect system, it's still the most reliable method of discovery. The writer of this article hasn't used any critical thinking with supporting evidence. I do realize there is a long list of anecdotal events through history that should encourage a certain level of acceptance.

I haven't experienced this type of phenomena personally but I won't rule it out from possibility. I know a couple of *dependable* investigators that have experienced poltergeist related phenomena. Finding the fine line between a believer and skeptic is a troublesome path to walk and I sway both ways depending on the day. The key is to try to stay open otherwise you find yourself *blind* in the journey.

Verifiable, interesting word. I'm curious to know how this is obtained in the paranormal. Maybe it's the light at the end of the tunnel that will find me later on in my journey/transition.

Edited by EVP, 24 September 2019 - 03:44 PM.

Posted Image

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

I have this happen to me a lot; especially when I'm stressed out, but it seems LED bulbs aren't affected. Also, I'm constantly shocking my Mom. Usually, it's when I touch her, but at times I could be standing inches away, and she'll get a jolt.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 24 September 2019 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:19 PM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

I have this happen to me a lot; especially when I'm stressed out, but it seems LED bulbs aren't affected. Also, I'm constantly shocking my Mom. Usually, it's when I touch her, but at times I could be standing inches away, and she'll get a jolt.

I guess you're the lucky/unlucky one. I'd love to witness something like this and study it but I'd find my epitaph written in short order when I turn it into a lab experiment :)
Posted Image

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

EVP, on 24 September 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I guess you're the lucky/unlucky one. I'd love to witness something like this and study it but I'd find my epitaph written in short order when I turn it into a lab experiment :)

:anim:

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if you put a SLIder into a Faraday Cage? Would it cancel out the ability, or would it cause a significant meltdown or explosion? Posted Image

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:20 PM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Hmm, I wonder what would happen if you put a SLIder into a Faraday Cage? Would it cancel out the ability, or would it cause a significant meltdown or explosion? Posted Image

Best laugh I've had today Mac. Well done. Wish I could like this more than once ::)
Posted Image

#18 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:22 PM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

One of the two main characters in a scifi book I'm working on develops an extreme version of the condition and wears a faraday suit so he's not constantly frying his robot minions. I'm playing around with the idea that the suit's helmet might run off his energy emissions. Until now Ive mostly been calling it the Electronic Frag Field though, might have to use SLIder instead.

Edited by Nort Thalem, 24 September 2019 - 05:22 PM.

#19 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:33 PM

Nort Thalem, on 24 September 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

One of the two main characters in a scifi book I'm working on develops an extreme version of the condition and wears a faraday suit so he's not constantly frying his robot minions. I'm playing around with the idea that the suit's helmet might run off his energy emissions. Until now Ive mostly been calling it the Electronic Frag Field though, might have to use SLIder instead.

Cool, I'd like to read it..

Posted Image

My Shop

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:37 AM

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

I used to static shock people in my 30s but I don't seem to have that problem now. I was always worried about spontaneous human combustion :fright:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter