What Do You Think Would Happen If A Spirit Chooses To Not Be Reincarnated?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

For those of you who believe in reincarnation, what do you think happens if a spirit never reincarnates?

I have already decided that, when it's my time to go, I do not want to be reincarnated because I do not want to be brought back into this crazy world. In the spirit world, there is no physical pain and I could "live" anywhere and do anything I want with no fear for my safety. But just a random thought of curiosity....if I never ever get reincarnated, would my spirit eventually diminish, disintegrate (whatever you want to call it), etc. or would it truly be an infinite energy that will never die out?

I know no one has a real answer to this, but I'm just curious to hear some interesting/realistic thoughts.

P.S. I'm an Atheist in a way that I don't believe in heaven/hell or a powerful deity.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,973 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Assuming reincarnation is a thing, you likely wouldn't remember you were around before (although there are some that claim they do, and have details that can be validated). I think in very few cases there may be a reason for that, but I'm not sure it's reincarnation per se. I really don't think it happens, or if so, very rarely.

Regarding after death, your guess is as good as anyone else's as to what happens. I think it's likely heaven and hell may be metaphors, or your afterlife reality being shaped by your beliefs. My theory is we go SOMEWHERE and are probably self aware. Maybe another dimension?

If you follow the theory that we are energy, perhaps we are eventually absorbed into a universal energy.
Posted Image

#3 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

If there are things you need to learn, and you fail to learn them in this life and move on, you will need to reincarnate in order to learn them.
Things like unconditional love, deep wisdom, total forgiveness. There are things we learn from sorrow that we cannot learn any other way. There are things we learn from being poor that the rich never learn. (compassion, empathy, everyone is important, even the fat woman down the street, or the mentally challanged boy next door, not just the rich).
I do think we have a choice to reincarnate or not. But if we don't choose to do so, do we remain stagnant? To grow, to become more, to know more, to move to a higher level as a spirit, we choose another life, and live again. I also think you can spend as long as you want as a spirit, before coming back to have another go in the physical world, or choose not to do so. There are things to learn as a spirit too?
The soul is forever, it doesn't change to energy, to oblivion, to be absorbed into something else.
Just my thoughts, and my humble opinion. (you asked! ;))
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:27 AM

I respect all your beliefs :) and interesting topic; thanks for posting.

I am a big believer in reincarnation :yes:

I believe the soul chooses to reincarnate until the spirit/ soul evolves. Usually, the soul knows when it is the last time it will reincarnate and the soul doesn't stop being after it evolves to its highest level.

I suppose we will all find out one day.... but not too soon :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:05 AM

I never believed in reincarnation.  I thought we had one shot at this world, die and go on to what is next.  Then I saw this story.....and it made me think about things differently.

http://abcnews.go.co...d=132381&page=1
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

I can speak to not wanting to come back.

I have memories of past lives, some of them very long ago, and to my knowledge I haven't met or spoken to any individuals who were on their first time through (whether they themselves remembered anything from their past or not).

My memories give me a wealth of experience and 'data sets' to draw upon, and this is certainly helpful, but this can also lead to developing a 'tiredness' with the world... a tiredness with things I've done before or recurring events and situations I've seen play out time and time again.

I, like you, don't wish to come back, but that wish alone hasn't stopped the cycle, and won't.

#7 Snickers

Snickers

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

I don't know if I have ever reincarnated, but I dream of place in Ireland often, and swear that I have been there, and miss it.
Don't tell me that I didn't see what I saw, or didn't hear what I heard.......Snickers

#8 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

I guess it comes down to why do you think we are reincarnated? I think that our souls have lessons to learn, and so maybe there's times where you have reached 'enlightenment' and don't need to be reincarnated, but can choose to in order to help others along?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#9 DreamerSeeker

DreamerSeeker

Apport

• GS Member
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Dreaming, Writing Poetry, Drawing, Music, and Movies

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:58 AM

Thank you for all your replies everyone! I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on this!

earthlydelitesGStudy,
I think we get reincarnated because I had a particular dream on two occasions where I was a spirit and saw "the light" and the closer you get to it, it sucks you in, and then things go dark. I believe the light is the gateway for a female to conceive. Now, I am not saying you are wrong, but I personally don't believe that our souls have "lessons to learn" because most people do not remember their past lives. Therefore, if someone has an awful and torturous life, we don't remember what we did to deserve it, you know?

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

View PostDreamerSeeker, on 20 January 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

Thank you for all your replies everyone! I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on this!

earthlydelitesGStudy,
I think we get reincarnated because I had a particular dream on two occasions where I was a spirit and saw "the light" and the closer you get to it, it sucks you in, and then things go dark. I believe the light is the gateway for a female to conceive. Now, I am not saying you are wrong, but I personally don't believe that our souls have "lessons to learn" because most people do not remember their past lives. Therefore, if someone has an awful and torturous life, we don't remember what we did to deserve it, you know?

I think you are including punishments as "lessons to learn" ... I think it's more like learning to play the piano ... you get lessons and practice then sometime later without ever really seeing the transition you SUDDENLY realize you are like a piano god and can totally rock a keyboard Posted Image

Of course I think if reincarnation is real it's more like an entry ticket to a theme park ... some rides suck Posted Image but others make it all worthwhile Posted Image it's just up to you to make the best choices for what you want ... oh and the paranormalz :Picture 541: they are just the stragglers and trouble makers that don't want to go home when the park closes and park security hasn't rounded them up yet BUT there are some good ones too who are the cool people invited to the afterhours party.
- siguie -

#11 True North

True North

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

View PostDreamerSeeker, on 20 January 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

... I personally don't believe that our souls have "lessons to learn" because most people do not remember their past lives. Therefore, if someone has an awful and torturous life, we don't remember what we did to deserve it, you know?

^ not remembering the past is not a good reason to think you have no associated "lessons to learn".

You're responsible for every decision you've made and every action you've taken. The Universe doesn't care if you don't remember, just like the Universe doesn't care if you got blackout drunk last night and did who knows what; whatever happened still happened, you're still responsible and still subject to the resulting effects of your actions. A new life is a necessary reset, like a new day, but it's not a clean slate.

Baggage carries over.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:47 AM

I did past life regression (in my 20s) with a doctor who wrote a book and scientific article on the topic. It was freaky. I found I am a person who doesn't have a mind's eye (I can't form an image in my mind while awake) and was surprised to find other people could form images in their minds while awake. After the regression, I had fantastic clear sepia images of a past life and I totally agree with True North "Baggage carries over".
Posted Image

#13 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 24 January 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

I did past life regression (in my 20s) with a doctor who wrote a book and scientific article on the topic. It was freaky. I found I am a person who doesn't have a mind's eye (I can't form an image in my mind while awake) and was surprised to find other people could form images in their minds while awake. After the regression, I had fantastic clear sepia images of a past life and I totally agree with True North "Baggage carries over".

That is a very foreign concept to me, not forming images in your head while you are awake. I am constantly having images in my head. And then I zone out lol.
Posted Image

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Wow Klainey that must have been an  amazing experience. Was it over a long period of time?

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

View PostearthlydelitesGStudy, on 25 January 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

Wow Klainey that must have been an  amazing experience. Was it over a long period of time?

The hypnosis was only the once and I was able to experience 2 past life experiences. I couldn't see any images; I only had a sense of them, I could feel their movements and their soul/ body. One was a young girl dancing around a maypole and then there was an ill, large older woman... I would go as far to say she was at the end of her life. The only thing I could see was different shades of light and darkness; I thought she (the hypnotherapist) was turning off and on lights but later found out she hadn't.

It was after the hypnosis that the hypnotherapist said I could experience further past life experiences in the coming days from the hypnosis. These experiences were so different from the hypnosis, it was like looking out of someone else's eyes most of the time and seeing images of their life unfolding and it was frightening!

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 25 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

That is a very foreign concept to me, not forming images in your head while you are awake. I am constantly having images in my head. And then I zone out lol.

It is strange to think people can see images while awake to me, although, I think I always knew they can.. my sister has a mind's eye :) I am able to dream in images; I have read some people with this condition can't!

It is called Aphantasia that is why when I do see something out of the norm, I know it can't be just my imagination playing tricks on me!
Posted Image

#16 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

That's fascinating, what a great experience to have! Thanks for sharing Klainey, it makes me want to look up a hypnotherapist myself!

#17 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

I believe all the phobias that you have come from past lives. /if you're afraid of fire or deep water, you were killed by them, such as you're burned to death or drowned, etc.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 30 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

I believe all the phobias that you have come from past lives. /if you're afraid of fire or deep water, you were killed by them, such as you're burned to death or drowned, etc.

Yes for sure.
Posted Image

#19 Chris Charles

Chris Charles

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Anything odd and crazy, who doesn't love a good mystery.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

I wonder if your spirit would slowly fade away,

My reasoning, dinsosaurs where on this planet a lot longer than we have yet to achieve, so that would mean we would be over run with dinosaur ghosts, but we don't really see them, so maybe they have over time faded away.

Either that or they were reincarnated.
Things go bang in the night, but don't be scared.

I do a series of ghost report videos on youtube, feel free to check them out https://www.youtube....y4-p5N_JYw50-SQ

#20 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

View PostChris Charles, on 31 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

I wonder if your spirit would slowly fade away,

My reasoning, dinsosaurs where on this planet a lot longer than we have yet to achieve, so that would mean we would be over run with dinosaur ghosts, but we don't really see them, so maybe they have over time faded away.

Either that or they were reincarnated.

We are the dinosaurs, that's why some people prefer a meaty diet and others prefer a veggie diet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users