• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 06:04 PM

Wednesday, August 3, 2016. 1:40PM
The Siege of Vicksburg Battlefield

After arriving in Vicksburg, Mississippi and checking in at my hotel, I decided to on a tour of the Battlefield.
I paid my $12.00 and drove through the gates. On either side of me were statues, plaques and engraved stones
with names, dates, ranks and other important data. I was behind Union lines.
    As I was driving slowly through the park, I came to a Civil War canon. I decided to get out of the car and get some photos of it.
It was just outside a thicket of trees and brush aiming towards enemy lines. After turning on m camera, I looked up at the thicket of trees...and froze! There, just to my right few yards away was a Union Soldier. He was wearing blue and carried a rifle....
and I could see right through him! He took a step and vanished! He did not seem to be aware of me. I am pretty sure it was a residual ghost.
I dictated all the facts into my iPhone because I couldn't get online last night.
This is the first battlefield ghost I have ever seen as well as my first residual ghost.

PS: As you all know, I'd been planning to go to Gettysburg last Summer, but then the Flood hit.
Peace

Posted Image

#22 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

CK, Thank you for posting that here.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#23 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:14 PM

I'm currently in Gettysburg again. Not sure how much investigating I will get to do this time around but I hope to do some.
www.twitter.com/speer989
www.facebook.com/hickoryvfw6166

#24 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

If you do, please let us know how it went. :)

Posted Image

My Shop

#25 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:53 PM

Just got back from Gettysburg week before last. Third time going, Did some investigating by myself and also went with GPA one night. Took a tour of the Jenny Wade house and brought my K2 and recorder. Wasnt sure how the guide would feel about me doing this so I kept both close to myself and would stay at the back of tour and run a sweep once everyone was out of the room.  Eventually she seen what I was doing and asked me if I had any hits and we started to talk about some of the hotspots in the house. 100 bucks an hour and its all yours she said. Little expensive for my liking but would be open to it if i could find some people to split the cost of it. Also the Orphanage is the same offer.  

Really want to explore the battlefields investigation wise next time i go. Havent had a chance because there's so much to take in and it's almost nearly impossible to see everything unless you're there for an entire week. And even then, that's pushing it in my opinion.

I've mentioned in some of my other post about Gburg, that it's the only place I've ever been away from home, and i felt like I was at home when I was there. The place touches my heart like no other. It's worth the drive of nearly 7 hours from North Carolina. Hope to go back in October of this year. If not, next year I will certainly go again.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#26 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:40 PM

Hope you had a great time and the tourists didn't mess-up your trip there. The Spring is the best to me, from  what I can recall seeing the photos.

Edited by Death Omen, 21 November 2016 - 10:41 PM.

"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"I'M RETRED. This is as dressed up as I'm going to get".

"Sorry if I look interested....I'm not".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#27 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Oh, about anything related to the "paranormal" since having retired from doing psychotherapy.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Maybe some folks didn't mention such events "just happen". God knows I saw enough over the many, many years there as a re-enactor. Try going back and I'd bet you'll see/hear "things" you missed the last visit.
"If you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can help you understand just how wrong you are."

"No you're right. Let's do it the DUBEST WAY POSSIBLE because I I easier or you and everyone else to understand".

"Don't bother trying to figure me out. Not even they little voice in m head understand me".

"People who think they know it all have no clue as to how little they really know."

#28 Death Omen

Death Omen

Orb

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

As a returning member, as well a longtime citizen of the "Tar Heel Sate", for sometime I thought there some minor conflicts in that area with Gen, Sherman making his way to a proper location to get himself and his 60,000(+)(-) back and his and way up North, New York City.
I doubt anyone will never know. Thanks for the comment. Dennis Holland, Raleigh, N.C.

#29 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Weather permitting, I will soon return to Vicksburg to more fully explore the Battlefield.
As soon as the rain stops and the mud dries.
Peace

Posted Image

#30 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

Headed to Gettysburg in May for my kids grad trip. I think we'll get to some investigating
Sort of full circle for me as 24 years ago this is what put me to investigating in the first place and have been at it ever since.

I've been to GB 11 times, love everytime and everytime something new
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#31 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

View Postchapsparanormal, on 24 February 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

Headed to Gettysburg in May for my kids grad trip. I think we'll get to some investigating
Sort of full circle for me as 24 years ago this is what put me to investigating in the first place and have been at it ever since.

I've been to GB 11 times, love everytime and everytime something new

Edited by capn b, 16 March 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#32 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

I realize this is an older post, but got stirred up recently.  Haunted battlefields do interest me.  I grew up in a town called Franklin, Tennessee, site of the Battle of Franklin in 1864.  I, like everyone who grew up there, was immersed in the history throughout my childhood.  I have spent countless hours between sites like the Carter House and Carnton Plantation, which is where I eventually got married.  Of course half the town is built upon the battlefield; when breaking ground for a new Target a couple of years ago, an unknown soldier was unearthed and finally given a proper burial alongside other soldiers in the old town cemetery.  That being said, I haven't experienced much paranormal activity, or even captured anything with my camera.  Many people have, however.  Our town is full of ghost stories.  Perhaps it could explain the activity in my home growing up, although my house wasn't on the battlefield.  Very interesting!

#33 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Going to Gettysburg again in the beginning of May. Going to do a lot of investigating this time around. Will post pics this time. I promise : )

#34 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

Cool, I can hardly wait to see them.

Posted Image

My Shop

#35 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

According to some articles, the most haunted hotel is the Colton Inn. I reserved the room all the fuss is about. I have stayed there before in a different suite.

Shall see what comes of it. I go late May
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#36 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Shadow Ghost

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Cashtown Inn is another good one to stay at.

Posted Image

My Shop

#37 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

View Postchapsparanormal, on 19 April 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

According to some articles, the most haunted hotel is the Colton Inn. I reserved the room all the fuss is about. I have stayed there before in a different suite.

Shall see what comes of it. I go late May

I have stayed at this hotel and this room many times. Even stayed there when I first got married. I can't say I have had any experiences in the room. I do like the hotel though. I probably stay there about 5 or 6 times a year.
www.twitter.com/speer989

#38 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Agreed not a frills place but nice and close to everything.

You know, been here this will be 3rd. 2 X nothing but one time I had one of the suites on the left side building. I swear something blew open and stood in my doorway. I remember it very vividly

In any case I'm excited to be going back, this time bringing my wife and daughter who have never been
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#39 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

View Postchapsparanormal, on 23 April 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Agreed not a frills place but nice and close to everything.

You know, been here this will be 3rd. 2 X nothing but one time I had one of the suites on the left side building. I swear something blew open and stood in my doorway. I remember it very vividly

In any case I'm excited to be going back, this time bringing my wife and daughter who have never been

I hope you have a good time. When I go the biggest reason we stay there is what you said, it's close to everything. I figure when you're out walking around during the day and out half the nights investigating, I don't need anywhere fancy to stay in. The location of the place is great. If you get a chance walk next door right over the hill to the hotel next to the Colton. There's a place there called "The Reliance Mine Saloon". Even if you don't have a drink or anything be sure to check it out. It's a pretty neat place with the way they have it set up.
www.twitter.com/speer989

#40 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

Wow yes just right next door. Well I will have no excuse but to check it out then. Thks
Dave Gibb,
Oshawa Ontario Canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users