7 replies to this topic

#1 MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

Posted Image
So one of the weirdest things in the past and even now at times in my house that's rarely talked about but probably is the most compelling is the spider web, cobweb feeling.

The feeling of having walked into a invisible spider web occurs more often than not while:

1. Watching TV at times (couch)
2. Sleeping or laying in bed
3. Sitting at kitchen table.
4. Roaming through the house ( everyday chores ).
5. Sitting at computer desk.

* Note that most of the events occur while stationary

Description: the sensation or feeling when it occurs is like you've mistakenly walked into a cobweb or one has captured you. Sometimes its intense, like a major cobweb and your ducking, bobbing and weaving or trying to remove an invisible web off of you.  Often times I'm stationary sitting down and this occurs.

there's limited theories out there that point to this being paranormal.

What are these things? Is it energy? Is it an apparition screwing with you? Etc

Whats your theory over the cobweb phenomena?

Edited by MacQdor, 01 November 2015 - 03:01 PM.

My Signature
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

I like this theory...  I have always heard that if you walk into a cobweb that isn't there, you're walking into a ghost or another form of energy (electromagnetic, radio, etc).  My line of thinking is pretty much like you posted above.

I'm eager to see what other people think...
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

I dunno ... I'm not saying it cannot be paranormal related BUT that "cobweb feeling" is a very common mixed neurological sensation PLUS it could always be an actual cobweb, a fallen hair, thread or who knows what. I also suspect it's a common occurence in statically charged areas where hairs can move oddly.

If I were  on an investigtion it's something I would certainly make a note of but unless their was something else happening I wouldn't make much of it :no:
My Signature
- siguie -

#4 MacQdor

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

Its vey interesting because when friends come over they after awhile speak of the same phenomena.  I'm all to familiar with the hair of someone sticking to you, static cling and you discovering and pulling it off . Those instances you can clearly see the hair follicle.

In my online research and speaking with online para-teams and some locally the trend there admitting to is they hear this often from invidividuals they encounter who experience paranormal activity.  Matter of fact heightened activity.  The root cause however or theory vast.

if these experiences are being reported through centuries then thats a bona fide trend.

the feeling is almost in passing. Like something is passing over you or hanging over you.

Remember back in the 70's they have those string beads in the door way and you brush aside to walk through. But while walking through some of those long beads drape and exit you. But by exiting, climb across you and sway off.

Posted Image

Edited by MacQdor, 01 November 2015 - 06:29 PM.

My Signature
Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws

#5 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

NightWalker07GStudy, on 01 November 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

I like this theory...  I have always heard that if you walk into a cobweb that isn't there, you're walking into a ghost or another form of energy (electromagnetic, radio, etc).  

I completely agree with NightWalkers thoughts on this. It makes sense to me.

#6 vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:07 AM

You know, I never thought of this!! It has happened to me a few times to feel a cobweb on me where I knew there could not be any around. Very interesting! I will make a mental note when this happens next :)

#7 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,030 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:13 AM

I'm not sure I've experienced this, at least on investigations.  If it happens to me in everyday life it usually IS cobwebs or hair.
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

VlawdeGStudy, on 04 November 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:

I'm not sure I've experienced this, at least on investigations.  If it happens to me in everyday life it usually IS cobwebs or hair.
You make me laugh out loud Vlawde.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com