• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Last night around 11 to12pm our bedroom smelt like rotten eggs it kept coming and going I couldn't sleep I also had the shivers all over my body when I could smell it. If it was a bad spirit I asked it to leave. Plus our bathroom tap turned itself on when I knew I had it turned of before I went to bed. It just started dripping then all of a sudden stopped

#2 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:25 PM

There's nothing good that brings in the smell of rotten eggs. Whatever it is, it needed to be commanded to leave.

#3 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

I asked for it to please leave I don't know if it worked and sorry for posting this twice iPhones can be touchy

My partner could also smell the rotten egg smell

#4 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

Well, not everyone can smell that, so it's good that you & your partner have that ability!
Yes, under no circumstances is it allowed to stay. And if you are religious, I would practice that religion with it, in the event it returns.

#5 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 27 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

I would definitely listen to Jim!! I have definitely read that anything that smells foul, such as rotten eggs or sulfur is normally not a good sign :( I hope it all works out!

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, anything that smells that bad is definitely not good.  Please be safe.
Posted Image

#7 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:06 PM

General rule, any type of putrid smell from an unknown source.... leave the area or command it to leave. Or both.  ;)

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

I'd be looking for dead rodents, do you have a cat?

#9 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:29 PM

We have no cats, we aren't leaving as we r renting and settled down I think it has attached its self to me as I'm at the shops and can smell the rotten egg smell. I think I'll do the saging once more if not get help

I have a 23month daughter and I don't want anything to happen to her she's a treasure

And thanks for all of you're concern, I'll be hopefully seeing a medium as things have been happening and I just want to live happy

How do u command it to leave properly I also imagined a bright circle of light to cleanse the house of bad energy don't know if that helps

#10 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

I think you're really jumping to a "it's paranormal" before you even try to find natural causes for your experiences(?)

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,052 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:25 PM

Bathrooms sometimes smell like rotten eggs..for a perfectly natural reason! ;) CDS has a point
Posted Image

#12 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:10 PM

We r clean people

#13 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 08:11 PM

View PostGhostgurl123, on 27 December 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

We r clean people

We r clean people

That could be, but the plumbing can definitely go haywire for the cleanest of people.  Be sure to check things like that out also.
Posted Image

#14 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:53 PM

Good advice guys.... that does have to be a consideration.

#15 vave82

vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

You guys have a point! I just remembered that sometime when we have a change of weather or air pressure, the water in the toilet goes really low and you can smell the suriage (rotten eggs, exactly!), sometimes it goes back up by itself, some other times it doesn't until you flush. So maybe check for that too :) If the smell stopped all in a sudden and you have no pets though, I would not think of a dead animal as the smell would linger for quite a while and not just come up and disappear suddenly.

Ghostgurl123 mentioned that she smelled the same thing while she was out and about too... if it's a coincidence, it's kinda odd! Would be interesting to know if she was the only one to smell it at the shops?

#16 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:14 PM

It only seems to be in our bedroom and the smell is really getting to me. It happened at the shops to for awhile. I was by myself I wasn't going to ask a stranger if they smell a rotten egg smell lol they'll think I'm weird! Lol

I even lit some insence in our bedroom still smell it after I looked under bed nothing there

How is it odd vave ?

#17 vave82

vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

Heya! What I meant was, if there was the same smell both in your home and at the shop, it's a little too odd to be just a coincidence perhaps :) If you could only smell it in your home and nowhere else, I would definitely search for more evidence before saying 'it's definitely paranormal', but the fact that you can smell it in other places and I assume the smell is exactly the same, well... I really can't come up with any explanations at the moment! :) I wasn't going to say 'go and ask the other people if they can smell it' LOL! Not something I would do either haha :crazy: Sometimes you can tell if someone is smelling a foul odour by their facial expression (I have been in a similar situation at the shopping centre once, I could smell something horrible in the lift, like dog poop - likely from someone stepping on it and then taking the lift - and the other people in the lift were pulling faces). I hope you can solve that issue, must not be nice living with that! Especially if you have children, I couldn't imagine myself relaxing if I had that happening in my home when my kids are around and could not find an explanation :( Stay safe!

#18 Ghostgurl123

Ghostgurl123

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:57 PM

I hope I can find the sorce of the smell too

#19 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,547 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:15 PM

if your heating system (or cooking devices) run on Natural Gas or Propane, you'll want to have the house checked for leaks.

#20 vave82

vave82

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:03 AM

View Posttrin, on 28 December 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

if your heating system (or cooking devices) run on Natural Gas or Propane, you'll want to have the house checked for leaks.

Trin, good point! I didn't think of this, I remember that typical smell of gas when you turn the stove on - haven't had gas for years, so didn't even occur to me. Better check for that too, it's a health hazard!