118 replies to this topic

#1 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Some of the old timers may remember that what brought me to ghoststudy a million years ago was researching a "haunting" in my new house searching for answers.  I found those answers and went on to work extensively in the field.

We recently bought a house.  And this one really is haunted.

When we were looking at it both my son and I noticed something up in the shop in the basement.  I figured it was residual energy.  He thought it was a person but on questioning described the same residual energy clues I'd picked up on.  There was also a nasty feeling in the apartment on the second floor but our agent knew a few things about the most recent renter and I was confident that, too, was residual energy.

We liked the house, we bought the house and while I was cleaning, preparing it to move in I figured it wouldn't hurt to do a simple cleansing with some Florida water and a smudge to clear out any lingering effects from a decade-long stream of shady renters.  I was encouraged to do this because a few tiny, odd things had happened like the bathroom door closing, then opening itself from a distance of about four inches from the frame.  So I recruited my 11 year old to go around with my trusty squirt bottle and followed him through with the smudge.  

When I'd finished and disposed of the ashes I was standing in the driveway clearing myself when all of a sudden there was most definitely someone right in front of me with the overwhelming feeling of "WHAT was THAT?!!"  I admit, I was a little surprised.  After all, I do this and was fairly confident I was only dealing with residual energy.  I recovered my wits quickly and decided to be firm and decisive.  I told him that we'd just bought the house, we were going to live in it and that since we have a family ghost (whole other, very long story) I wasn't entirely opposed to his staying if he followed my rules.  He was to leave the child and the dog strictly alone, he was not to do anything to frighten my husband or me and he had to play nice with the family ghost.  Otherwise I suggested he leave before he made me force him out and suggested he talk it over with the family ghost.

He's more or less behaved himself.  He lets me know on a pretty much daily basis he's around by some little thing... he'll whistle or mess with a doorknob right in my face or I'll see legs through the basement windows when I'm home alone.  My impression is that he and the family ghost get along like a house on fire and he's been decidedly helpful to me.  One of the first things I did was laid a floor in the family room and he told me how to make a couple complex cuts I couldn't brain around.

Then there's the apartment.  I'm working on dealing with that.  It's like it's not even the same building.  It's heavy and oppressive up there.  I don't feel a specific presence.  I just get the willies.  I've had people I work with out... one person has been found and sent on, another has been found and not sent on and it's crazy up there.  About twice a month I lay in bed all night contemplating calling the police because there is so definitely someone up there walking around, looking in cupboards, using the bathroom, sleeping in the room directly above my bedroom.  Except there isn't.  There is zero evidence up there that anyone has been in the apartment since the last go and my last trip up to check. There is zero evidence that there are animals getting in up there.  Squirrels can't run the taps and flush the toilet, anyway.  Now that it's snowed there's no way possible for someone to go up there without my knowledge (why shovel steps we're not using) and even before that's a sticky door up there... I would have heard it open and close.

So I've come full circle in the ten or so years I've been a member.  I started out with a new house and a "haunting" for which I was seeking answers and here I am again with a new house and a haunting for which I don't yet have the answers.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:10 PM

Are you talking about an apartment you moved out of into the new house, or does the new house have an apartment above it? I'm curious how much communication there is. At some point I'd like to hear about the family ghost. But this new one, has it or the family ghost communicated to you who they are, what they want?

BTW, what the heck is your icon a pic of?
Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

The new house was converted into a duplex so the main floor and basement are one unit (where we live until we get around to undoing the conversion) and the upstairs is an apartment with an outside entry.

Basement guy (the ghost in our unit) has talked to me quite a bit when I've tried to engage him.  From what he tells me he was the first owner (the house was built in 1947, sold to the man we bought it from in 2004 and we're the third owners) but there is some doubt as to whether he means this house or he's seeing a previous one that stood on the spot.  He's just kind of here.  He doesn't seem like there's any big tragedy holding him back, he has indicated he isn't interested in conversation about crossing over and he seems fully aware he's dead.  One day I'll force the issue but as long as he's behaving and not causing negative vibes I have more pressing things to deal with right now.

I have, when I have time, a few trips to county offices and historical societies to make.  The way they do abstracts here we don't even know the original owners' names.  Just the guy we bought it from.

ETA:  oh, it's a big, nasty army worm nest with a dead branch in it.

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 03 January 2016 - 01:29 PM.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

Army worms? haha all I can tell is a brown spot! :)     Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:45 PM

How exciting.  I wish I could live in a haunted house.  Do you know why he's not interested in crossing over?

#6 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

I don't know.  The couple times I brought it up he just sort of shut down.  Not in an angry or upset way... more like "yeah, I'll be downstairs if anything good happens."

#7 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:29 PM

One thing, basement guy is afraid of what's in the apartment. I've asked him about it and I get very confusing, kind of messed up imagery along with a very strong fear response.

There has definitely been a team out here before.  He has shown me (when I was asking about the apartment) images that look like there was an energy clearing and that there's a protection in place on the downstairs.  He also became very upset and a little confrontational when I had the team I work with in.  One person is OK.  The team and equipment aren't cool with him.

And since I don't understand the nature of the protection, nor can I really connect in upstairs it's made me drag my feet on opening up the unit lest I give whatever is up there access to the whole house.

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

Do you have a name for him?

#9 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

No yes sort of.  It's really hard for me to get names unless they're super important.  His name sort of sounds like Bernie or Barry or Henry.  One of the things I am hoping in my research is to see what the original owner's name was or if I can find a similar name attached to the property and if he responds to the name I find.

#10 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

I look forward to your updates Tantric. I wish you the best!

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

Wow!  Thanks for sharing, Tantric Kitten!  I look forward to what lies ahead!
Posted Image

#12 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

Very fascinating, Tantric Kitten! I have never been in a haunted house!! Can I ask you, how do you communicate and 'talk' to the entities?

#13 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:14 AM

I talk to them like I do other people.  I also use dowsing rods if I'm not getting information clearly.  The way they communicate back varies.  Sometimes I hear and see them like I would you, more often images, sensations and emotions come across and sometimes I just know things in answer to questions I have no reasonable way to know.  This is a place skepticism has to step off... I am very skeptical and don't commit myself without objective evidence but I'm talking about stuff conversationally rather than as an investigator.

Like when I said basement guy was upset and confrontational I felt upset with my teammates for doing what they do -- what I'd asked them to do -- and some rude, clear, angry things were coming over equipment (they were using a number of devices and we kept getting things like "go now" and personal insults toward specific individuals with their names being used and swearing).  When I say he told me how to do the cuts I heard "try it like this" and got an image of how I needed to set things up.

I am far from the only person who has seen and heard him.  Everyone on the team described much the same individual as I think of when I think of him and the same as the glimpses I've gotten with my eyes.  My son saw him a number of times before I laid down the rules and says he dreams about him smiling at him now.  My husband has had several things happen and seen moving shadows.  And we have had what seems to be clear, direct communication over equipment, although since it upsets him I'm not pursuing that avenue with him, specifically.

#14 vave82

vave82

The Fairy with an Attitude

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • Interests:Family time, my pets, travelling, outdoors, shopping, pretty things and paranormal - quite a good mix here!

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

So very inytriguing - Thank you for sharing once again. Glad it's  not a threatening entity you are dealing with! It will be so interesting to know what you have found out when you will get time to go to the historic society :) Keep us posted!

#15 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

Well last night I had the "houseguest" again.  They were apparently looking for something in the refrigerator.  That makes me wonder if what I'm hearing up there is residual because currently the refrigerator up there is unplugged and propped open (my best guess is the last renter up there unplugged it and left a bunch of food in it because even though it's sparkling clean it smells like something died in it... we're leaving it open until we want it and then some heavy duty cleaning will take place to see if we can make it usable again).

I really need to go through, clean it like I did the rest of the house and start claiming the space.  But it's so icky up there I don't wanna (and not because its dirty... it's not clean but it's not gross).

Edited by Tantric Kitten, 05 January 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#16 MsISeeYou

MsISeeYou

Apport

• GS Member
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Hello Tantric,

This is the main reason I'd prefer living in a new home.  I have way too many spirits of my own... the last thing I need are new, fresh ones.  I like how you confront the spirit and speak to it.  I talk to the one that hangs around me all the time as well.

The other night, I'm trying to watch television and the spirit wouldn't stop walking past me.  It's a light that strolls right on pass as if it lives here.  I got frustrated and said, "Look.  If you can't sit down and stop walking past me, maybe it would be best if you just leave."  The walking stopped.

Contrary to what people think based on what they see on television, spirits are nice.  They listen and don't want to cause any problems.  So when I move I will aim for a new home.  This way, my spirits won't have to fight with new spirits because either way, when I move, the spirits around me will be all jammed in the car with me.  Soooo many homes have spirits and if you really think about it, nine times out of ten, they were there first.   lol

Unless you are firm and tell it to get out and stay out, it will keep coming.  Don't know if it's ready to go home "into the light," but you can give it a shot.  What do you have to lose?  I'd imagine the brightest white light, focus on the spirit, and send it hightailing back to God.  It may leave, it may not, but at least you tried.

Elaine

#17 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:03 PM

I don't think most houses have anything going on and I've been on my share of investigations in gorgeous, new construction homes.  But it's whatever people like and are comfortable with.  I was thrilled we found a mid century traditional home that's all but completely original (we have glass door knobs!  squee!).  The house we were seriously considering buying before this one was built in 1873.

My experience is that spirits, yes, are all about love because they are at home and know/remember what's important.  People who haven't moved on yet are just like fleshies... some are nice, some not so much and we're all a little messed up.

I really prefer resolving things to forcing anything.  I've noticed it's about 50/50 if it "sticks" if it gets forced.  Free will and all that.  Basement guy isn't a problem.  I will get around to chasing him down and making him discuss crossing with me at some point.  For now the upstairs is a problem and it's my priority around all the million distractions life has to offer (and as I'm typing this someone coughed right above my head in the front room up there... so back to probably not residual).  I'd also prefer to resolve than force up there but I'm getting to the point I need that space and may force.

#18 blazegardner

blazegardner

EVP

• GS Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:30 AM

Interesting to say the least, I'd be very pleased and I sure others here would agree that you should set up a camera and voice recorder up in the top room where you said you get the heavy uneasy feeling, just to see what you get and I sure you'll find him.

#19 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

You know, I haven't and no one on the team has cracked out the cameras but the weird thing is we've all run recordings.  We most definitely have some interesting anomalies (not actual clear EVP so it's not worth listening to out of context) on the short burst and not a single one of us (we're usually pretty prompt and thorough) has managed to listen to the long ones since October.

#20 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

Since I've been posting here basement guy has been quiet (I think... we keep hearing things fall down there but we've also had some fairly extreme temperature swings and I've been attributing the bangs and crashes to the house contracting in the sudden cold) but last night as I was sitting on the couch knitting he paid me a visit in the living room.  The one I was on faces our TV that's opposite the fireplace with wired sconces above it.  One of those lights was on.

Movement in the (off) TV screen caught my eye, I glanced up and saw a white figure move from roughly two feet away from me, across the fireplace and in front of the lit sconce before it was no longer reflected in the TV.

We do have windows right there and it was dark out but no cars passed (when I saw it that was my first thought and listened carefully for a motor).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users