Free Skins
© Fisana

Are You A Believer?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a believer? (316 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you are believer?

1. Yes, I have experienced something paranormal (250 votes [79.11%])

Percentage of vote: 79.11%

2. Yes but I have never experienced anything paranormal (32 votes [10.13%])

Percentage of vote: 10.13%

3. Unsure, I am sitting on the fence (23 votes [7.28%])

Percentage of vote: 7.28%

4. There are things I cannot explain but I do not believe (8 votes [2.53%])

Percentage of vote: 2.53%

5. There is no such thing as paranormal activity (3 votes [0.95%])

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Vivace Twain

Vivace Twain

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:12 AM

I'm not a believer. But I'll respect anybody's beliefs as long as we can hear each other out.

While I don't believe it at all, I'm fascinated by it. Some of the ideas are perfect for stories and stuff.

WHAT BEGINS AS AN
UNGUARDED TRAIN OF THOUGHT
SLOWLY CAN BE COME AN ADDICTION
TO THE SLUMBER OF DISCONNECTION

#82 Haunted_Nurse

Haunted_Nurse

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

I voted yeah and I experienced stuff.

But I"m actually really cynical, if something is happening I'll be like 'its just the wind" or "the door" or "my stupid flatmate/family member".  Even when I know what's going on is not explainable by modern science and is paranormal in nature I still think "naaaaaaaaaaaaah.... oh... well... maybe?  Ooh, cake".

I see so much I often wonder if I"m insane, but then I wonder, would an insane person logically critque their sanity? And why are other people telling me they've seen teh same thing when I've kept my mouth shut?

Long story short, there's more to life then what we can see withour little biological senses/

#83 Tyranny

Tyranny

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:36 AM

I not only believe, but I know.

No offense to anyone whatsoever, but it often amazes me how many non-believers, or skeptics, find their way on to this site.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

#84 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Spongebob Swearpants

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,784 posts
  • Interests:History & the study of anything paranormal.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE(Tyranny @ May 28 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I not only believe, but I know.

No offense to anyone whatsoever, but it often amazes me how many non-believers, or skeptics, find their way on to this site.

I do not find your amazment offensive in the least. It is surprising, isn't it?  I have wondered about this myself, and I do not know the answer except in my own case.  

The short answer for me is simply that I love to discuss the paranormal.

I am truely amazed at how welcome I have been made to feel by the great people here! :-)

Regards, Canis

#85 Guest_Staropeace_*

Guest_Staropeace_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:13 AM

I feel any message board worth its salt has to have diverse members to keep it interesting.
I am interested in human nature and sites like this draw my interest since I work in the field of psychology...on sick leave and will be so happy to get back to work. Fingers crossed*

I really value the friendships I have made on this site....that is what makes me stay....Canis,Snowlord....I think Augustine is a very cool and intelligent lady ....even though we have differing opinions...and alot more posters I enjoy hearing from each day.

So I keep coming back...and will for a long long time.

#86 lissybird

lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

I enjoy visiting with both sides of the coin - the best of both worlds, like birthday and Christmas in one awesome package.

The in-betweens are great also - equally important.

innocent0005.gif

Personally, I am a believer. This doesn't mean that I think everything is paranormal. There are reasonable explanations also.

Edit: I can't spell. Picture 483.gif

Edited by elizabeth anne jane, 28 May 2009 - 12:47 PM.

Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#87 rozone

rozone

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Video Games, Music...and most of all, Ghosts!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

I'm a believer and a skeptic. I have seen only two paranormal things in my whole life and heard one mysterious sound so I know paranormal things are out there, but I approach everything as a skeptic at first. Just because you say something is haunted doesn't mean I believe it. When I see it for myself, then I'll believe that place is haunted. My friends hate it when I tell them "I'll believe it when I see it" but it's something I live by as a ghost hunter.

#88 Borley

Borley

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE(ClarinaGStudy @ Apr 26 2008, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tend to agree. I think there are paranormal things but they're alot rarer than people might think. I believe a big proportion of things have natural explanations but alot of people jump straight to the paranormal explanation..e.g Most Haunted!

It's good to see there's a few of you on the forum who think like this. I was a little dubious about joining because there tends to be a lot of people (on forums) who readily believe every weird thing that occurs must be paranormal.

I am probably about a 70% believer though. I am a lot more skeptical than I was when I was younger.

#89 PumpkinWraith

PumpkinWraith

1D's #1 Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts
  • Interests:Mainly my family and chatting to and getting to know the many good friends I've made here over the years. I love Rock, Metal and alternative music as well as having a profound interest in the paranormal.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

I do and I don't.   huh.gif I'm a believer more than not.

I believe the stories that have had so much evidence to support the paranormal and random people saying the same things.  Then I think that there has to be something in it.

Otherwise there are usual rational explainations to most of it and  programmes like Most Haunted are really more for entertainment value and I'm not saying that I don't watch it because I do.  Mostly because I want to see Yvettes reaction if she actually one day does see something paranormal... laugh.gif  They produce mass hysteria.  Especially the live shows where they get the whole country involved.  People start being fooled into beleiving something that they're not to sure about.  Me included.

I like TAPS though and its a shame that someone could be so shallow as to mess with an investigation.  Im talking about the Queen Mary.  (The bit with the bed)  That could have been so believeable.  It is a good thing that they take it seriously and do a proffesional investigation.  After all people do rely on them to do a proper job.

I believe that there are some things not of this world.  And others are.

Posted Image

The Aliens said I could take a friend next time. Apply below ......but no mad people!

I <3 One Direction. Harry 4Ever!

#90 Andrea2009

Andrea2009

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 06:43 AM

I get these dreams sometimes when i am lying in bed, and i can see everything around me, i can be lying on my stomach and feel someone/something trying to turn me around, it was pretty scary at first but now i know it is a dream so i can sort of change it sometimes, so i am not scared anymore... (Sort of like lucid dreaming or something)

I could try and walk away in these dreams or do something, like put a t-shirt on or something, but when i wake i am just as i was..
Like one night for example. .I was in bed with my b/f and i was sleeping, i went into one of these dreams, and i could see him and me, and everything else. I was lying down, and i was looking around me.. I saw a black thing on my leg, like i thought it was a spider at first, i really wanted to wake myself up to see if it was; because i'm scared of them; but i couldnt. These dreams i am in for a while, seems like ages. When i woke up i never thought anything about (the spider) lol .. but later on i noticed a thread lose and then i realised this must have been the thing i saw in my dream.. I didnt even know it was there.. It was only in my dream i saw it, thinking it was a spider or something, and when i wake there is something there.. which i didnt notice before the dream.. lol

Anyway, this one night i was having one of these dreams..
My nana has passed away in the Jan, i used to be always scared to go into dreams like this because i was scared if i saw her, it would freak me out... But, this one night, It was my birthday in March, and i was sleeping, i was there , could see everything around me, and my bed and such, i can never see myself in these dreams but i can see things around me.. So, then i got this feeling, in my dream, my nana was there, i was shouting her name, 'hiya nana' i was saying, i couldnt see her.. i put my hand out and she held my hand, and i tell you, it felt like her hand.. i still couldnt see her, but i could feel her hand..

This got me thinking that maybe there is 'some sort' of spirtual things that can happen..
I have never seen a ghost though, so am really not that sure, but i am sure if i did, i would then believe, (and probably be scared too lol)

(So now, when i have a dream of my nana she is always happy and she is still liiving in the same house, i will go and visit her and we will all have a nice time.. These are now very nice dreams...

Edited by Andrea2009, 03 August 2009 - 06:44 AM.

#91 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(freespirit @ Apr 29 2008, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I m with you on that. I think alot of the shows are cooked up to get ratings.

Ghost hunters is now. Its first season, however, they were pretty legit. I think only 25% of the episodes were considered to have anything paranormal going on. Since the first season its jumped dramatically to upwards of 75%. No group is that good/lucky.

As for the question. I believe and I have experienced the paranormal. It's rather hard to not believe in something that has pushed you very hard into a wall wink.gif.

Most of the evidence I see, however, is just wishful thinking. I've never been a fan of orb or ecto images. Both have very natural explanations.

Edited by Daemon, 24 August 2009 - 05:16 PM.

#92 Haunted Heart

Haunted Heart

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Studying the paranormal, film, music, writing, theatre and spending time with family.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

I am a believer because of the things which have happened to me.
My novels, available as paperback or eBook

#93 wantonspecter

wantonspecter

Apport

• GS Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

Seeing is believing. I have seen some things that I know were not normal therefore "paranormal". I have never seen what I would call a full body apparition, but I have been right next to a shadow person. That occurence is probably most convincing to me, but I have had several others that stand out as well.

I have noticed how it is hard to get some people to talk about the subject of ghost (or the afterlife). It seems that some people are too scared to confront what lies ahead for all of us. I'm not judging; seeing something is believing something and experiencing it makes it part of who you are.
What happens if you are scared half to death twice?

#94 Enemyace

Enemyace

Shemp

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal studies, gardening, antique radio restoration, aviation history, bicycling. Oh, and I love animals, especially cats.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:59 PM

I would have to simply say I don't know what lable fits, but there are things which occur which are very strange and hard if not impossible to explain. I would be a skeptic if I hadn't experienced weird phenomena personally.

#95 nightfly

nightfly

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:26 AM

I'm a believer to an extent; my own theories fit scientific principals, even though we do not have the methods yet to measure the energies that may be present. I am a skeptic in many ways, and I am not religious because I do not believe in magical things that go against current known physical proven laws, such as instant transmogrification of beings (such as people turning into werewolves or growing fangs instantly when needed such as vampires), the existence of tangibly present beings that are invisible, and no one has ever actually returned from a completely dead state, meaning when more than a few moments of cardiac arrest has occured. I think 'things seen out of the corner of my eye and then disappear when looked at directly' are 99.99% of the time just after-images that remain from previous retinal stimulation of a brighter object. Wishful thinking, whether conscious or unconscious, and various potentially single occurance disease states as well as chemically induced visual and auditory hallucinations probably account for another 99%. That alone debunks a whole lot of 'personal experiences' that haven't been caught on tape. Still, I have experienced three things in my life that I cannot come up with any possible explanation for, and I suppose that there are plenty of other people who can say the same.
Opponent of nonsense.
Correlation does not prove causation.
Unless you have some evidence, all you have is another ghost story.
Show me something I haven't seen or heard before.

#96 ectomist

ectomist

Train Wreck Conductor

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Interests:Horses, ghosts and more.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

I am an experianced beliver, but not in everything.
I like how Nightfly put it.
One must but open their eyes, to see what it right in front of them.

#97 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

I believe because I have seen.

I believe because I have heard.

I believe because I have smelled.

I believe because I have felt.

#98 KyrieEleison

KyrieEleison

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:12 AM

Well, I believe that paranormal/supernatural things happen.  I believe because I have experienced things in which it's actually more rational to believe that something supernatural happened than to take a round-about way to explain it away materially.  Sometimes the simplest explanation is that what happened was supernatural.

I won't claim to always know what something is.  I believe in ghosts, but I don't know why they're still here, for how long, or if they're always a soul of someone or if sometimes they're a result of some sort of imprint/time interruption, etc. Being a Christian, I also believe that some things are demonic.  There may also be some other sort of category besides ghost/angel/demon.  I have also encountered angels on at least one occasion.  

Too many people I respect have also had experiences.  I believe the only explanation is that things happen that can't be explained away.   smile.gif

#99 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 03:19 AM

Yes :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#100 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

Wow, that is strange! I posted my above comment on the 4th May but it shows up on my computer in the "View New Content" that I posted today at 11:09 I wasn't even on my computer :crazy:  Now ask me if I believe :good:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter