• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 09:17 PM

I'm not new by any means, but its been so long I feel I should reintroduce myself.

I'm Jen, I've been both a lurker and a forum member since roughly 2006. My mother was a member for a long time, and after her death, I kept in for a bit, but lost access in 2008 and have been in and out ever since.

Over the years I've kept track of the interesting (read: spook-y) things that have happened to me and my family, but the really fun stuff has only cropped up within the last two years. I'm a mama with a very energetic and 'high spirited' 3yo boy, and there have been some interesting occurrences in the past two years that seem centered on him.

Outside of this, I'm pretty boring. I work in retail and have an unhealthy obsession with craft supplies and reproducing Victorian clothing. My hubs and I have a "move to Canada" plan, so we can be closer to other members of our tribe, and we share our home with five critters ( I count the toddler here because he's in his 'I'm a dog!' Phase and barks more than he actually speaks, lol)

Its good to be back and I'm glad to be here!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:20 AM

:hi: and :welcome: back, if you remember your old username I could merge the two together. I also love the Victorian/ clothes period, I think I was born in the wrong era sometimes.  We are very glad to see you back too :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:50 AM

Hi! Welcome back!

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

:hi: and :welcome: back, if you remember your old username I could merge the two together. I also love the Victorian/ clothes period, I think I was born in the wrong era sometimes.  We are very glad to see you back too :D

You just have past life tendencies is all.
Posted Image

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,052 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:31 AM

Welcome back! What was your original name?
Posted Image

#5 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:27 AM

View PostVlawde, on 22 August 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Welcome back! What was your original name?

It took a LOT of digging, but thanks to the fact that my mother joined early on (Nov '04) and I had both used her account in the beginning AND mentioned her later when I got my own account, I found it.

My original name was Caige86. I'm gothgal2004's daughter. To be honest, I'd like to keep that old account in the past. There are things in there I've done a lot to get past, and while it's not all gone, at least it's better.

To fill in some of the gaps though, if anyone still remembers me:

Thirteenthghost and I stayed in GA for a year, then moved with 13's family to Milwaukee WI. We stayed there for three years, and we had a good time there. I did a few semesters in the local tech college, we made a lot of great friends and did better than I ever expected we would, but a really bad neighborhood and a lot of fighting with our roommate (13's mother), and we decided we needed to get out of there.

That led us back to Toledo.

We've been here since '12, where for the first 3 months, we lived in a tent at my dad and stepmoms house. Things went rough with them about two weeks after I gained solid employment, and if it weren't for my brother-in-law's mother-in-law, we would have been homeless and lost our jobs. We moved into our first apartment in late October, and we've been in the same complex ever since.

In 2015, 13 and I had our little boy in April, and when the laws changed in June it made it possible for us to get married, which we did on August 2nd. Friends for 15 years, together for 13 as of November, and married three years as of the 2nd. Sometimes I think about everything we went through between 2007- 2008 and wonder how the hell we're still together, but here we are.

I'm glad to be back on here, I thought about it a lot, but for some reason never came in but to lurk. I don't know why, but I'm here now ^.^

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostJenMc86, on 21 August 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

. My hubs and I have a "move to Canada" plan, so we can be closer to other members of our tribe, and we share our home with five critters ( I count the toddler here because he's in his 'I'm a dog!' Phase and barks more than he actually speaks, lol)

Its good to be back and I'm glad to be here!

Hello and welcome back. I love the Victorian era clothing, too. A quick question, what tribe are you a part of? I'm a mix of Mattakeesett, Mashpee, and Wild Cat from the Wampanoag Nation.

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2018 - 02:20 AM, said:

I also love the Victorian/ clothes period, I think I was born in the wrong era sometimes.

Same here, Klainey.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 JenMc86

JenMc86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 23 August 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Hello and welcome back. I love the Victorian era clothing, too. A quick question, what tribe are you a part of? I'm a mix of Mattakeesett, Mashpee, and Wild Cat from the Wampanoag Nation.

I'm so glad I keep finding more people who love victorian fashions! You guys are awesome!

As for the tribe comment, by tribe, I meant our circle. Neither of us has much to do with our blood families, so we've formed our own with other people with whom we've been friends for eons. The two closest to us live in Edmonton, AB and Hay River, NT. We talk to them every day, sometimes the entire day, and it's getting to the point where we'd rather just have us all together. We call our little family a lot of things, like our circle, our blood of the field, and our herd. Our knot has even been used a few times, after Doctor Sleep came out, lol. It's totally awesome you know where you came from, MacCionoadha BeanSidhe! I've been considering a test to see just kind of mix makes up my crazy self :D

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

I've had my DNA tested via Ancestry.com; it gives good results.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 25 August 2018 - 11:09 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 25 August 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

I've had my DNA tested via Ancestry.com; it gives good results.

Does it hook you up with others if they allow their results known? I love ancestry.com :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#10 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 25 August 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Does it hook you up with others if they allow their results known? I love ancestry.com :yes:

Yes, it does.We have found relatives from my grandmother's side, we did not know we had.It is the same on my Father's side.

P.S.: Here are some of the results. Also, you can break them down even more.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 26 August 2018 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

Hi Jen!  Welcome back!  :)
Posted Image

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,941 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:50 AM

Hello and welcome, good to see you here :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,435 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:46 PM

Hey now!! Glad to see your back and I look forward to hearing about your new experiences!!