#41 LuvMyWeinerDog

LuvMyWeinerDog

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(Pandora @ Mar 15 2005, 08:07 PM)
The very fist time I saw that video the demon reminded me of "Nosfuratu" the really old versions.

View Post

Yes!  It does remind me of that, too!!!  Good call!
In Loving Memory of My Brother Peter
August 29, 1967 - August 6, 2006

#42 Lady Akasha

Lady Akasha

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal and mythical and my children. I would have no life if i didnt have them.

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:24 AM

i dunno really what to think it scared the fish out of me. And for a statement earlier in the post i agree with some folks that just because the enity is solid doesnt make it real. But what i think really creeped me out the most was how they were being quite whipering looking around and when the demon/guy came out of the closet it was almost like he or it was there and heard them and was coming to check out what was going on trying to see why there are people in his house. it to me was almost a confused what the hell kind of look. Part of me says it is fabricated but a bigger part of me says those guys are lucky to have gotton out of there all in one peice.

I wanna be a ghost hunter but its places like that that make me think twice about it. unsure.gif  mellow.gif
IPB Image
Trouble Maker #7

"Yeah, obviously we use vampires as a metaphor for something else, something deeper than just the supernatural. But there's just something about the bloodsucking walking dead, that can say so much to people. There are really so many people trying to get control over you on a daily basis and steal your soul in some way, take a part of you..." Gerard Way. MCR

Beware the soul catcher
Who comes in a flash of light.
Trust not a word.
Meet not his eye.
Lest he catch your soul,
Trapping it for all eternity
In his little black box.

--Anonymous

#43 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:38 PM

I've only just come across this site.  I have to say the guys reactions just crack me up.  They're so scared it's funny.  I keep watching the video and trying to figure it out, but I come up at a loss.  One theory I have is that as they've stated on their site the place is used for satanic rituals, so perhaps someone was in another room dressed up performing a ritual and came out to see what was going on OR the boys stumbled upon something they shouldn't have.  

Whatever the verdict, I know I would have reacted the same way as they did smile.gif

With the loss of my dad and my sister in law and neither of them coming to visit I find myself a little more skeptical these days.  Having said that though I still jump when things go bump in the night :)

#44 MsMercury

MsMercury

Pareidolia

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts
  • Interests:lying on the beach drinking beer

Posted 28 March 2005 - 08:51 PM

Yep, I would have hightailed it out of there so fast i'd have barely touched the stairs! That is IF I even had the guts to go in there in the first place. I'm not sure i would have done it.

#45 NIKKI_SIXX

NIKKI_SIXX

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

Hey everyone. I had made a promise a while back to post some still shots from the DVD i had of the barton mansion. Sorry. I got really busy and then had to go to Africa for a few weeks. Hopefully I will have time this week to do it, if there are still people interested in checking it out? I noticed over on the barton mansion website that they had a real trippy photo that they claim someone that used to practice witchcraft in the 70's in the mansion  had sent them? Pretty funky photo. I tried several times to enhance it and I couldnt make it look any better. Rock On.

#46 NightStalker

NightStalker

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

I've recently watched this video and I'm not so sure it's real.I'd have to get a better look.The kid's reaction is definatley real but I can't help but wonder if perhaps whatever came out of the closet was a person doing exactly what they were doing.Just seems strange to me that a ghost would carry a lantern.(or even a flash light)

#47 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:39 AM

LOL!! I couldn't agree with you more on that one NightStalker. In my opinion the only real thing in the video is the guy's reaction. I know that on the other board we had a pretty good discussion going about it, and I think that it came up that the "ghost" is holding a Coleman lantern. whistling.gif

#48 NightStalker

NightStalker

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

Now that I think about it,I can't shake the feeling that this is being done to promote a movie,that we'll see sometime in the future.

Especially the whole "smiley woods" thing.As well as those soooo fabricated photos.Very strange.To unbelievable for me.

Edited by NightStalker, 17 April 2005 - 08:19 PM.

#49 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:21 PM

Here is a message from "Paul" one of the guys responsible for the Barton Mansion video.  It was left on their message board:

Author  Topic:   Update from Paul
Paul  posted 4/18/05 7:35 AM     

Here is a HUGE update for our forums.
It was all a hoax, yes, a hoax, sorry for leading you all on.

http://www.bartonmansion.com

With the loss of my dad and my sister in law and neither of them coming to visit I find myself a little more skeptical these days.  Having said that though I still jump when things go bump in the night :)

#50 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Hmmmmmm, interesting! Thanks for the update irishmafia!

#51 Guest_curious7727_*

Guest_curious7727_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE(irish_mafia @ Apr 19 2005, 12:21 AM)
Here is a message from "Paul" one of the guys responsible for the Barton Mansion video.  It was left on their message board:

View Post

Hello! This is my first post here! biggrin.gif
Irish_mafia, is it really fabricated? God I watched the vid so many times trying to figure out what it was. And just like everyone else, part of me believed it and part didn't.
The flashlight was one of the things that made me think it weren't real.. then there was the fact that the "entity" didn't walk THROUGH the closet, it just came out instead like "normal" ppl..hmm.. well i guess the mistery is solved lol
Good prank, must admit

#52 Guest_curious7727_*

Guest_curious7727_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:56 AM

Author  Topic:   Update from Paul 
Paul  posted 4/18/05 7:35 AM     
Here is a HUGE update for our forums.
It was all a hoax, yes, a hoax, sorry for leading you all on.

Paul  posted 4/19/05 2:56 AM     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, I didn't know I was so popular! People actually want to be me now... Do yourself a favor and get lost. You are the only real hoax here.

latebar7609  posted 4/19/05 6:00 AM     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ugh Paul, you should just delete this thread.
Some people have nothing better to do with
their time. 

So what the hell is going on??? blink.gif
Is it real or not? I'm confused! huh.gif

#53 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

That makes 2 of us. It looks like someone is impersonating another member there. I guess until someone who actually works on the board says otherwise, the person who posted it was a hoax should be ignored. smile.gif

#54 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

I did have my reservations that it could be an imposter - that message board is very easy to falsify.  Hmmm - I'm starting to lean towards a hoax though.

#55 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

I know that MsMercuryGStudy has been in contact with some of the people that run that website. She's pretty sure that it's a hoax. It's just pathetic that people want attention so much that they would be willing to stoop to impersonating someone else to do it. Sad if you ask me! wink.gif

#56 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

What you talkin' about Willis? tongue.gif

#57 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:38 AM

Mine name's not Willis!!!! tongue.gif  I just find it sad that people resort to tatics like impersonating someone, that's all. smile.gif

#58 eternalshogunx

eternalshogunx

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:50 PM

Hehe...it DOES look kinda planned and fabricated.  At first, I was freakin' terrified!  But then I was laughing so hard I love to watch it to laugh.  Unless it's not funny...then I don't laugh...LOL

#59 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

It is good for a scare, right up until the "spirit" comes out of the closet or whatever he's in, then it's just laughable. laugh.gif

#60 Guest_curious7727_*

Guest_curious7727_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:21 AM

lol. well at first I was terrified, but after watching it a couple of times I was laughing.. it's when one of the guy's screams it's so funny now. i showed it to a few ppl and they found it funny.