Shadow Man

• You cannot reply to this topic
178 replies to this topic

#141 Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(RJuarez @ Oct 23 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...  Snowlord and I have debated it and is now up to the individual reader to make their own assumptions what it could be ...

I hereby nominate you for a debating award!  smile.gif

I do hear lots of noises at night ... so I will keep a close watch.

#142 lissybird

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:45 PM

That is one of the million reasons why I enjoy being a member of this community message board.  innocent0005.gif

We may have debates, disagreements, conflicts and contrasts, different viewpoints and mindsets ...
... yet we keep it civil, respectful, mature, friendly, and open-minded.
I truly admire that.  innocent0005.gif

RJuarez, thank you for sharing this with us, friend. I am leaning toward a shadow ghost, in this particular photo and snap shot.

My Signature
Since Summer 2005, haunting GS/PS
Prissy Lissy!
Formerly eaj (elizabeth anne jane) and tara juliet
Pooky Fan!

#143 Feeler

Undead Ed's Biggest Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:My kiddos; reading; movies; my family; judge shows; food; the Internet; ghosts; hauntings; meditation.

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:17 PM

My opinion of this is that it is a true catch of a shadow ghost.  If you zoom in you can see a face in the right side of the 'head'.  

I don't see how it is such an odd occurence that someone walks in to a room, feels something and then takes a pic of it.  If he was aware that the child is sleeping and his wife expected him to be gone a few moments while he arranged the room in prep for them, I completely believe he would have time to take photos.  I understand not everyone would do such a thing, but I know I would!

#144 Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:39 AM

I thought this was genuine last year, and I still agree with myself.
My Signature
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#145 supernaturGal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Anything and everything supernatural! I love watching movies and TV (especially horror from A-Z grade, naturally), hiking, cross stitching, driving and reading. My fave authors are Dean Koontz, Graham Masterson, Karin Slaughter and Stephen King. I also have a comprehensive collection of non-fiction paranormal books.

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:33 PM

Wow, that was a marathon read!! Extremely valid points from all sides (except the person who said it was a demon which invades their dreams...that was random). Anyways, RJ, I understand how you feel about your picture...believers, myself included, can feel very protective of a photo with an anomaly which you can't reasonably explain. Personally, the photo's themselves and your complete faith that it is something is leaning me towards true. However, all of Snowlord's comments are very educational and do give reasonable explanations to what it may be. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith...I couldn't live with myself if I subscribed to the notion that all anomalous photo's are either fake or something natural. Of course there are only a few photo's in which I do believe (99.9% anyway smile.gif) are of a ghost. And despite all of the valid debunking done by Snowlord, it is a particularly intriguing picture and because I WANT to believe it's real, I'm going to lean that way...and that's my 2 cents worth of nothing...lol  

But awesome debate...love ya all!!!  Picture 541.gif

My Signature
Posted Image

#146 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,036 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

bump...here's the thread that the GS YouTube has on it
My Signature
Posted Image

#147 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

Ta I will read it tomorrow a bit late here now Cheers
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#148 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

GhostStudy's new YouTube Channel
And here's the film concerning this Shadow Ghost photo:
https://www.youtube....h?v=VOxfqKX8lnI

#149 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

I just want to say... I have been especially impressed with this photo from the beginning. And I loved how RJuarez stayed on task during this grueling but educational deliberation of his photo.
You can also find this photo in the GhostStudy book: Ghosts Caught on Film 2
And you can find the YouTube video link in my post above this one.  :)

The next time I plan a trip to Virginia City... I will be reserving that room for the night!

#150 Loru

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

Awesome picture! :)
And coming from you, we know it's real.

#151 Pooky

Beware of Pooky

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I like to go human haunting and that's all you need to know.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

Great capture!
My Signature
Okay, it's true already, now leave me alone

#152 valpro99

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Full time UNIX Admin for Wall Street Firm and part time UH-60 Blackhawk pilot for New Jersey Army National Guard. Deployed to Iraq.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Looks to me as if it's a entity standing on the chair.  Good catch.

#153 JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,189 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

It does have that appearance... either that or it could be floating above the floor a bit.

#154 fathergraywolf

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

It's pictures like this that have me scratching my head. After reading the full post I still want to believe but the logical side of me insists there is an earthly explanation, we just haven't come across it . Yet.

#155 Mr Zeta

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Electronics. Astronomy, Music, Math, Advanced Physics, Aliens and ET !

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hi,

I read many posts here. I dont believe or disbelieve - I also dont agree or disagree - what do I do then...I take a step back and just ponder the possibilities.

First let me say this about the word paradolia or however it is spelt - to make something significant of something which really isnt, significant - I think this word is overrated and personally I am offended by the very fact of it's existance - a fancy word that reallt doesnt mean much and means even less to those who dont even know what it means in the frist place.

It's like the negative of paranormal...when someone presents something that they consider, 'out of the ordinary' by all intents and means; I 'believe' in their sincereity; as far as my open-minded belief takes me; I would never offend anyone even though I had my doubts about certain things in question regarding the matter at hand - the first of which was in my mind a fascinating picture; the second of which was the poster, 'Orb' saying he cought something on cam he couldnt understand; that in itself has to be considered some form of amazment.

There are always possibilities of things; this may be a case in point as we are left to wonder.

I dont believe the poster took the picture with the intent to find a 'Shadow Figure' in his room; this is an important point and I do not believe this was brought up anywhere in these posts; if it was...then...

I myself took pictures of my pyramid outside my house; its been there goin on 5+ years now (supposedly) accumulating energies of some forms or other that I have yet to explore; it doesnt matter whether or not I believe the energies exists; and it what makes me sick is people saying people can make of things which arent really there - IE PARADOLIA. It doesnt matter if people dont see it; it could still be there; and there is subject quantifiable proof of this concept...

If a bear makes a noise in the woods and no one is there to hear it, is there any sound?

Of course there is, unless those woods happened to be in a vacuum - yet more knowledge to the problem. The more we know about the circumstances, the supporting evidence, the better we are to come up with possibile outcomes.

I recall hearing about 'Shadow People' - to me here with the shadow figure having his legs crossed as such, reminds me of an old cowpoke leaning up against a corner outside chewing tobacco or something; maybe a gunslinger or a bank robber in the old western days of the 1800's.

It is another case of paranormal possibilities; that of capturing figures without camera flashes. In fact my latest stream I looked at the frames and found that there was enough noise (grainy) in the movie that entities can use the noise to draw pictures and even letters; I was quite shocked to see what I saw; I was also inviting them in.

Am I seeing what I want to see, or hope to see - it is much the same as the Ghost Box - deconstructed noises bringing in words that rarely have meaning or consequence; but on rare occasion as well, ginving answers to viewer questions; entities and other worldly presences have to be trained as well to do these things to communicate with us.

This poster, with his nic called 'Orb', tells me something; he may believe in orbs or have strange occurances with them (the real ones of course); this also gives him the possibility that he (or she!?) has opened themselves to these other worlds we called paranormal.

It would be a total waste of time and effort for one to fake anything unless they just wanted to make a name for themselves; and one can get pretty fancy in doing so; even me with all my electronics background...it is said in the Bible the closer you get to God the closer you get to the devil...yes - there are some of us who are willing to open the gates; now, even as christ said (and I aint talkin religion here just analogy); we may have to take some ridicule.

This is where fantasy takes a setp aside and reality sets in - with SCIENCE. Science can do amazing things - so can our brains, and our inaginations. The boldest steps we as paranormal investigators do, and the most time consuming, is to prove that the things we are looking for are not real first; then what is left must be real; it is called the process of elimination; and it usually is a long one.

Yes repetiveness is in science - that picture I took with the ectoplasm coming out of the side of my pyramid I couldnt duplicate (its on my website and I am not sure if I can add my site in my signature untill I make 30 posts or not so yall just have to wais !); I plan on taking more pictures of that thing again this winter and hope to do alot more work with it.

I wish I knew more about these 'Shadow People'...I think the picture is fascinating. I am pretty good with photo work as I am also an amateur astronomer. I can say the shadow pictures that Snowlord put up way back looked fake as there was alot of motion blur as he puts it; but I dont know anything about Shadow People and how they are caught on cam or if Snowlord was trying to prove a point that you can fake these types of pictures; in the sense that it isnt paranormal if you can fake them which still doesnt mean that some are 'real' in the paranormal sense.

My first impression was of wowness - I still maintain it - I dont know if I would venture to want to see more of the tho - shadow people...dark...gloomy...possibly negative...nah I dunno give me the light beings plzzz haha !

Some people may have a sense for shadow people Orb...you may be one of them...maybe flash cams keep them at bay - I hope - not saying they are negative either I dont know...

Mr Zeta

Edited by Mr Zeta, 27 September 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#156 Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

View PostMr Zeta, on 27 September 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

...  I can say the shadow pictures that Snowlord put up way back looked fake as there was alot of motion blur as he puts it; but I dont know anything about Shadow People and how they are caught on cam or if Snowlord was trying to prove a point that you can fake these types of pictures; in the sense that it isnt paranormal if you can fake them which still doesnt mean that some are 'real' in the paranormal sense ...

My intent on showing how these images can be faked, or created by accident as I have also suggested here, is not to show that they "can't be" paranormal, but that they don't "have to be" paranormal. Without that reasonable amount of doubt any number of frauds or mistakes could be accepted as being real which could eventually derail any true paranormal research.

And no matter how much you dislike the use of the term "pareidolia" you had better get used to it here because you can't have a proper analysis of a photo without the ability to use that when it is warranted.

#157 Guest_hermithimfan_*

• Guests

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

This is an interesting image. It is unusual that the shadow would remain pitch black when other elements of the photograph that were equally dark would brighten. What method did you use to brighten. Was it just the whole image?

#158 Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:24 AM

View Posthermithimfan, on 30 September 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

This is an interesting image. It is unusual that the shadow would remain pitch black when other elements of the photograph that were equally dark would brighten. What method did you use to brighten. Was it just the whole image?

If a section of an image is dark enough to not have any detail in it, then it will never have any detail to show, no matter how much you try and brighten it. Even if lighter areas of the image have detail that can come out with brightening. That's just normal. Any areas that seemed equally dark but later revealed detail were just not as dark as the area with no detail.

#159 MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,428 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

Snowlord - you explain things so well. I always look forward to your thoughts on photos & videos. Keep doing what you do my friend :yes:

#160 Snowlord

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostMichelle, on 01 October 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

...  I always look forward to your thoughts on photos & videos ...

Thank you for that.

My bit of photo wisdom for today? ... don't spend 17 hours adjusting 300 pictures in Photoshop over two and a half days without taking significant rest breaks unless you are prepared to suffer carpal tunnel that shoots all the way up your arm and over into your back. I think I need to spend more time on the internet and maybe leave the camera home once in a while when I go out.  :)

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com