One Of My Odd Dreams..

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 06:15 PM

Last night I dreamed that I was an American Submariner assigned to an old Diesel Submarine during WWII. I have no idea what my duty was on this ship, but I got the feeling that I was someone in a position of authority.

As I was walking through the ship, I heard a sailor call for help from the rear compartment. He didn't seem like he was in trouble, just like he needed help.

I jogged down the hall and into the compartment to find the sailor struggling trying to secure a leaking hatch that lead to the top of the ship. Naturally, since we were submerged, it wasn't good for the hatch to be leaking like it was.

I remember him asking me to give him a hand, and the two of us struggled to secure the hatch tightly. I wasn't very concerned at first, until I noticed that the hull was leaking water in several places into the compartment.

I remember yelling "It's too late, get out of here!", as I turned to run from the room.

As I exited the compartment, the hatch gave way, and ocean water came spilling into the room, sweeping the sailor who I had tried to help, and several others up in it.

As I ran away from the deadly water, I saw another great rush of water coming at me from the direction I was running as well. I remember seeing several sailors being swept up in this wave as it rushed down the hallway toward me.

Realizing that there was no escape, I stopped running, and waited for both waves to crash into me.

As both rushes of water hit me at once, I felt several of the bodies of my fellow sailors slamming against me.

I was able to struggle to the surface of the water once it settled, but being in a flooded submarine I knew that there was no escape.

As the interior of the sub filled with water at a steady rate, I remember another sailor off to my left, talking to me. I don't remember everything he said, but I know he repeated "You're going to make it! You're going to make it!" a couple of times.

I remember that his encouraging words didn't offer much comfort to me, because he and I both knew that there was no escape.

As the water rose higher, I reached up and took hold of a couple of pipes on the ceiling, using them to pull myself higher in the water, struggling to keep from going under.

At the last minute, as the water rose over my head, I took one last huge breath, and let go of the pipes, sinking back into the salty water.

Just as I told myself I was going to drown, I woke up.

The realism of this dream really startled me, and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was still alive in my bed, and not in a doomed submarine in 1944.

#2 ghostsleuth

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:psychic profiler. spirtual minister. communicating with
    the other side. helping others and teaching.

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:43 PM

hi, off duty cop. sounds like a real life experience. I hope you don't go sailing any time soon ph34r.gif actually, while reading your post I senced that this could be a past life that surfaced during Rem state. do you have a feeling of a name of the sub. I also noticed you said 1944.....
and you recall vivid detail. Interesting non the less.

Blessed Be
A Friend Rena
My Signature
She Dances Gently Upon Pointed Stone
Beneath The Waters of Neptunes throne...by Rena

http://www.ghostsleuth.com

#3 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:39 AM

I don't remember the name of the sub, but while researching American submarines lost during WWII today, I came across this:

11/08/1944: "Growler" SS-215 - Sunk by cause unknown - 85 men lost

Out of the 52 American submarines lost in WWII, only 4 or 5 were "sunk by cause unknown", and of these, only one, The Growler, was lost in 1944.

#4 Rhizanthella

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:38 PM

Wow, that's pretty amazing - the detail is really creepy.
This seems a pretty credible case for a past life or some form of contact from beyond the grave . . . . .

Had you done alot of previous reading on this subject before the dream or was it very much out of the blue?
If you have done previous reading, have you felt particularly drawn to stories of this era/submarines?

#5 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE(Rhizanthella @ Jul 23 2005, 01:38 AM)
Wow, that's pretty amazing - the detail is really creepy.
This seems a pretty credible case for a past life or some form of contact from beyond the grave . . . . .

Had you done alot of previous reading on this subject before the dream or was it very much out of the blue?
If you have done previous reading, have you felt particularly drawn to stories of this era/submarines?

View Post

This dream was very much out of the blue. I've had some interest in WWII, but never really thought much about the Naval aspect of it, and especially not submarines.

#6 babyjo53

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 06:10 AM

Sure sounds like a past life experience to me!!! Thanks for sharing!
My Signature
user posted image

#7 SoulfulWondering

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal existence, theatre, movies (horror flicks are my favorite), books, art, partying with friends

Posted 23 July 2005 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(babyjo53 @ Jul 23 2005, 06:10 AM)
Sure sounds like a past life experience to me!!! Thanks for sharing!

View Post

I second that! That is one amazing flashback I'd say.....thank you so much for sharing biggrin.gif
My Signature

PSN ID: Athenamica
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
~Albert Einstein~

#8 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Sorry guys, I had to bring this one back up due to something that happened this morning -

I've been sick the past couple of days, and my fiance has been waking up several times during the night to check on me. At about 5:30am this morning, she rolled over in bed and saw me lying on my side, facing her, with my eyes half open.

Thinking that this was a strange position for me, she asked "Baby, are you ok?" My response, apparently, was "My submarine is taking on water." I awoke when I heard her parrot my words back to me, saying "Your submarine is taking on water!?"

At the time, the words didn't mean anything to either of us. A short while ago, however, as I was in the shower, these words, and the original dream that I posted about in this thread, suddenly came back to me.

This marks at least the SECOND time that I have apparently dreamed about being on board a doomed submarine. While I am a military history buff, I have never had any great particular interest in submarines.

One thing that I do find odd, however, is that I noticed in my original dream post I commented that I thought I was someone "in a position of authority" in my dream. This morning, my unconcious comment to my fiance was "MY submarine is taking on water". When I think about it,  the fact that I refer to the ship as "MY submarine" reinforces the idea that I was someone in a position of power onboard the sub...maybe even the captain himself.

I'm still not convinced that this is a past life memory, but to have two dreams that were apparently so similar is quite remarkable, in my opinion.

#9 missourighosts

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal incestigations, Parapsychology, Psychology, Writing, Painting Murals, My Children!

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

I am amazed at the detail you recall in this dream...I believe it was probably a past life memory because it was so detailed and clear, like the 1944 fact.  This would probably have been your most recent (or one of) past lives and is why the details are so clear.  Wow! Thanks for sharing the dream.
My Signature

#10 cafemex

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Interests:The unexplained (for lack of a better term), computers, traveling, sports, crossword puzzles, sudoku, and beer.

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

Just curious... you researched submarines lost during WWII and came up with possibly the one in your dream. Have you researched the names of those lost on that sub 'The Growler'... perhaps the name of one of the officers may seem familiar?
My Signature
"And dreams are the language of God. When he speaks in our language, I can interpret what he has said. But if he speaks in the language of the soul, it is only you who can understand"
-Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

#11 Guest_OffDutyCopGStudy_*

• Guests

Posted 01 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(cafemex @ Nov 1 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

Just curious... you researched submarines lost during WWII and came up with possibly the one in your dream. Have you researched the names of those lost on that sub 'The Growler'... perhaps the name of one of the officers may seem familiar?

I took a look at the crew manifest, and a few names stand out, but one name in particular seems very important to me for some reason:

Yeoman 3 H.A. Kaczmarek

I did some research on the rank of submarine yeoman, and found out that it is a junior administrative officer position.

I have no idea why this particular name seems so important, but for some strange reason it really stands out to me.

#12 Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:04 PM

That's very cool, ODC (the dream sounds frightening and sad, but very interesting).  

Oddly enough, my husband also believes that he had a past life as a submarine officer (Kriegsmarine, not US Navy) during WWII, and consequently he has always been drawn to anything having to do with submarine warfare.  I believe that I may have had a past life connection to him during that era too--perhaps that's how we found each other the second time.  He has not had vivid dreams, per se, just strong and persistent intuitions and an uncanny feeling of familiarity with photos and artifacts pertaining to u-boats.

Anyway, that's a fascinating dream.  Is anything more known about the junior officer whose name you found?  Would there be any way to look for photos of him or his family?

#13 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,687 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:20 AM

I am a believer in past lives and found this dream of ODC fascinating.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com