22 replies to this topic

#1 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Family, Learning

Posted 07 March 2020 - 05:12 AM

I find these good sources of information so far regarding the corona virus.

I'm sure there are others you may want to add / link yourself to this list.

As with all topics off interest the more accurate information you have to make decisions the better imo

As with anything of a serious nature such as this please do not jump to conclusions or panic but DYODD.

https://www.youtube....teaching/videos

https://www.youtube....ondotcom/videos

https://covid19info.live/

Disclaimer: I have no financial connections to the above sites at all, just posted for your information.

....Stay safe

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 07:34 AM

You too rain

Very helpful info! Wash your hands people and stay proactive.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,424 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

One thing that bugs me is the panic buying/hoarding. Large public events and the like may be put on pause for a few months, but society isn't going to totally shut down. We'll still have running water, electricity etc. The country isn't going to run out of TP (unless people buy ridiculous amounts), and I'm guessing worse case scenario grocery stores etc will deliver to your front door, since so many now have online ordering and delivery. Hand sanitizer may be handy but is unnecessary, soap and water will do the trick.

I just look on this as a bad flu bug, the only real concern are those that are old or have serious health issues
Posted Image

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:58 AM

View PostVlawde, on 07 March 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

I just look on this as a bad flu bug, the only real concern are those that are old or have serious health issues

I agree, but seeing as I have a suppressed immune system, I'm not going out in public any time soon, if I can help it.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 10:51 PM

I will have self isolated myself from work when I return for 19 days. I am sure I have just a head cold but didn't want to pass on my bugs to our theatre patients.

My daughter also works in an aged care facility and they need to have a health review before they can start each shift! But Au is in the grips of panic buying; of all things toilet paper and rice!
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, we're having that irrational spending problem over here too. It's mostly hand sanitizer, Lysol(spray and wipes), and toilette paper. I'm not sure about food items, and if they were smart, They'd stock up on chicken broth/bullion, fruit juices, and Gator Aid. If you do get it, drinking liquids would be a heck of a lot easier to handle than eating solids. You'd get your sodium from the broth and energy from the sugars in the juice. :yes:

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 08 March 2020 - 12:41 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

Some information and reminders you may find useful

https://www.youtube....h?v=W5yVGmfivAk

https://www.youtube....h?v=fUir2Q1uxxs

It Is Not the Strongest of the Species that Survives But the Most Adaptable

#9 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:05 AM

View PostVlawde, on 07 March 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

One thing that bugs me is the panic buying/hoarding. Large public events and the like may be put on pause for a few months, but society isn't going to totally shut down. We'll still have running water, electricity etc. The country isn't going to run out of TP (unless people buy ridiculous amounts), and I'm guessing worse case scenario grocery stores etc will deliver to your front door, since so many now have online ordering and delivery. Hand sanitizer may be handy but is unnecessary, soap and water will do the trick.

Information I saw out of Lombardy Italy is the median age of patients that need to be hospitalized for treatment is 65 for the coronavirus.

He did say the death rate was higher for the over 80's and with those who have serious underlying medical conditions.

But It's important to note that this is also putting previously perfectly healthy people in hospital and worse.

Flu fatality rate is 0.1 to 0.2% while the World Health Organisation say the coronavirus is 3.4% that's 17 - 34 times higher if they are correct.

We need to stop spreading this awful virus and smarten up.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9mrPHO-nkVE

Edited to include link to one of the more helpful interviews I have seen.

Edited by rainmaker, 11 March 2020 - 02:33 AM.

#10 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:26 PM

View Postrainmaker, on 11 March 2020 - 02:05 AM, said:

Information I saw out of Lombardy Italy is the median age of patients that need to be hospitalized for treatment is 65 for the coronavirus.

He did say the death rate was higher for the over 80's and with those who have serious underlying medical conditions.

But It's important to note that this is also putting previously perfectly healthy people in hospital and worse.

Flu fatality rate is 0.1 to 0.2% while the World Health Organisation say the coronavirus is 3.4% that's 17 - 34 times higher if they are correct.

We need to stop spreading this awful virus and smarten up.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9mrPHO-nkVE

Edited to include link to one of the more helpful interviews I have seen.

It's now been termed as a pandemic with China & Italy being the top two. Interestingly, the virus seems to target with heavier consequences the aged. Italy is said to be the second highest aged population in Europe but they live very much an outdoor life with kissing a common greeting. In The USA there's less than a 1,000 reported infections while itlaly is 12 fold. Stay safe everyone.

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 07 March 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

I agree, but seeing as I have a suppressed immune system, I'm not going out in public any time soon, if I can help it.

I'm with you on this one MAC. I'm above sixty with health problems so this is a concern personally.

Edited by EVP, 11 March 2020 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,585 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 15 March 2020 - 05:10 AM

This panic better not last into June.  I have a Kenny Chesney concert to go to!  Lol
Posted Image

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:36 AM

I hope it doesn't last long either, but, here in Australian they are saying it could last as long as 6 months! Here's to hoping things getting back to normal soon!
Posted Image

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:46 PM

Best to not be too hopeful. I heard today it's projected into July or August in the USA.

Edited by EVP, 16 March 2020 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,424 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:32 PM

Trump said that at a news conference today, but then clarified that going that long would be worst case scenario. The doctors at the conference said maybe a few months. We'll see

BTW Our work sent us home today, we get to work from home.
Posted Image

#15 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 17 March 2020 - 07:56 PM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 15 March 2020 - 05:10 AM, said:

This panic better not last into June.  I have a Kenny Chesney concert to go to!  Lol
I will call Kenny now for you Night -& let him know cancelling that show is not an option! Just for you my friend;)

#16 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 20 March 2020 - 05:06 PM

Our Canadian gov't have been posting updates on the official site. Plus the WHO website and local news. Our PM has been doing daily live announcements. As of now its crazy out there. Our province our city specifically is a state of emergency. I live in one of the largest cities in Ontario. There was hoarding people at stores, but now the stores have strict restrictions going in and 1 item per family from the list of most wanted items. They enforce it at the checkout and alot of items are brought back and put back on the shelves from people not following the rules. Also doctors offices are using Skype, Zoom or a Virtual platform for basic stuff not related to Corvid 19 and if you do think you have it. Drive ins to local arenas where tents are set up so people can be assessed in their cars if they might have the virus by doctors. Here in Canada they don't test for the virus unless your hospitalized and in a bad state. Alot of people working from home now or getting EI payments. I can go on and on on how it is now.
On the plus side most countries affected are now using that 50 year old Malaria drug to treat it. Except Italy. According to the local news. And its been working.

Edited by GothickangelCa, 20 March 2020 - 05:08 PM.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for your update GothickangelCa

I hope you are feeling well?

We have similar precautions in my state too.

We used to have online shopping and pick up but that has stopped now :( I only used it once~!  That was the only time I got everything I needed; I could even  get desiccated coconut last week!
Posted Image

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:08 PM

We get updates through the government webpages too. So much weird stuff being circulated on facebook that is crazy. Really not a good idea to take advice from there!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#19 Brantdag

Brantdag

Apport

• GS Member
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Bowling

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

there is weird stuff circulating all over the net! hard to know who to trust a lot of experts have different theories.

#20 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:40 PM

Its very sad these days.  I REALLY dont trust the mainstream news.  I have always been skeptical of the government if they have our best interest at heart.  I especially dont trust anything from the internet...  some shady people out there... :-)
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!