• Please log in to reply
543 replies to this topic

#421 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:05 PM

Pooky you have to tenderise! Or slow cook!

I'm at my parents house tonight and it's been raining and cold all week so we are having a roast lamb dinner with lemon meringue pie :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#422 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

I figured out how Pooky keeps getting out. lol.

Posted Image

Also, having sausage in biscuits for breakfast.
Posted Image

#423 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

I had a Daniel Webster sandwich: Thin-sliced corned beef, Jarlsberg cheese, and homemade Thousand Island dressing.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#424 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

It's a meat pie and salad for me tonight!

#425 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

What type of meat pie, English-style meat/pork pies, Scottish Bridies, Cornish meat/beef Pastie, Scottish meat/pork pie?

Posted Image

My Shop

#426 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Mmm... sausage and biscuits (and white gravy).  

I have a cold that's not bad as colds go but is killing me for stamina.  We've been eating a lot of prepared junk over the weekend and tonight we had Polish sausage and scalloped potatoes because I can reasonably ask my husband to throw it together and not worry about whether it'll be edible or not (he doesn't have the patience to cook, although he makes far better pancakes than I do).
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#427 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

We had oatmeal for dinner. Mom had cinnamon-raisin and I had brown sugar.

Posted Image

My Shop

#428 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

That would have been better.  I should have thought of oatmeal.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#429 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

My Mom is on a health kick right now. She has her yearly physical in a few weeks. :lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#430 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:23 AM

I can't taste anything right now (or smell anything).  Everything is unappetizing.  But oatmeal really isn't supposed to taste of much so it probably wouldn't be as off-putting as everything else.  I've been eating as little toast (texture... it's still tasteless)  and  supper as I can to stop my stomach complaining and keep me from passing out.

#431 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

I've been making smoothies lately.
I'll be having at least one smoothie each day this week.   :  )

Posted Image

#432 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

Tantric, You should try these Soothing Soups For Cold And Flu Season. It may help beat your cold. Here are a two others you could try.

Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 Pound Butternut Squash, Peeled and Diced
1/2 Cup Edamame or cooked bean of your choice
2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Grated
3 Tablespoons Dark Miso Paste
2 1/2 Cups Water
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
2 or 3 Scallions

Begin by tossing your chunks of squash and edamame with the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in 1 1/2 cups of the water along with the grated ginger and bring it all up to a boil. Bring the heat back down and simmer for approximately 30 minutes with the lid on. The squash should be very tender and yield to gentle prodding. Add the miso paste and salt.
Puree with an immersion blender, or in batches, puree in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and add in the final cup of water, top with scallions.

Vegan Cream of Tomato Soup  
1 ½ quarts vegetable broth or water
1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
1 large Yukon potato, sliced thin and chopped
1 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped   
12 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes, no salt added   
6 oz. can tomato paste
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk   
Salt and pepper, to taste

1. Bring the vegetable stock or water to a boil in a 3-quart or larger stockpot, adding in the onion, potato, celery, and carrot. Boil until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Turn down the heat to medium-low. Add in the can of diced tomatoes and tomato paste, stirring until combined, cover the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat. Carefully, one cup at a time, puree the mixture in a blender or food processor until the soup is consistent.
4. Add the liquid back into the pot and stir in the coconut milk, salt and pepper. Heat until desired temperature and consistency. Serve hot, garnishing with a bit of fresh herbs, if desired.

Jim, I love smoothies, unfortunately my blender sprung a leak and can't be fixed. So, I need to get another one.

Posted Image

My Shop

#433 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

I am eating Finding Dory Macaroni and Cheese. lol.
Posted Image

#434 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:14 PM

I have some magic soup for colds.  This one isn't even bad enough to bother with it (sneezy and a little... like I can still breathe through my nose and am not even bothering with decongestants... stuffy).  I just have no sense of smell or taste right now.  I have a friend who doesn't have a sense of smell and I can't imagine how he isn't a walking skeleton.

My kid and husband love smoothies.  I have a magic bullet for them so I don't have to clean out the blender.  Our usual formula is plain yogurt, nut milk, hemp seeds, a banana and frozen fruit.  Often with spinach or cooked carrots in the boy's (actually I just put the hemp seeds in his usually, too... we can all use the omega threes and fours but neither adult needs the extra 200 calories a tablespoon).  The husband will drink the ones with vegetables but I find them vile and prefer to eat my spinach.

#435 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Me too Jim ! I got one of those ninja bullets for my birthday so I make one for breakfast every morning :D

#436 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

We had store bought beef chili for supper. I had crepes with it and my Mom had bread. For dessert I had my gluten-free PB cookies and she had creamsicle ice cream.

Posted Image

My Shop

#437 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

My wife just bought me a new BBQ and smoker. I'm pretty happy bout dat.

Love my meat. Have to lean off the potatoes but meat no probs. Trying to get close to Paleo diet as I can. Lost 11 lbs so far since start of Feb
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#438 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Congratulations. As I said before, if you can find Sunchokes/Jerusalem Artichoke, try them. They're good raw or cooked as you would a potato. They're a member of the sunflower family and their blossoms have a chocolate-vanilla fragrance. If you grow them, you need to put them in a permanent spot, because once they get established, it's next to impossible to get rid of them. :lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#439 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

I'm making french onion soup and pork chops tonight.  Shhh... don't tell anyone I threw shallots in.

I go old school with the soup.  Tons of onions (mixed is best but I just had some extremely sharp yellow onions today, hence the shallots to mellow the flavors a bit), no more than that, like five pounds at least, caramelized agonizingly slowly (if they brown in under an hour you have the heat up too high) in a bit of butter and vegetable oil, deglaze the pan with about half a cup of dry sherry, mixture of beef stock and chicken stock (I actually don't use beef stock unless I have some homemade because it tastes metallic to me), salt and thyme (plenty of salt, not much thyme), simmer until it's soup and thickens a little, make croutons out of stale baguettes, rub the toasted sides with a garlic clove, put one in a bowl, pour the soup in, put one on top, throw some shredded emmenthaler cheese (or swiss or whatever) on top and broil until things are crusty and bubbly.

#440 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:22 PM

Good Afternoon!

WOW!1  This thread has staying power!  

Ookay, today for breakfast I had a scrambled egg with cheese and one slice of 12-grain bread with no-sugar-added jam and Becel.
And for lunch, I had a scone with the above-mentioned jam and Becel, a small tub of fat-free yoghurt, and an orange.  
And while it is several hours away from dinner time, I really have no idea what will be on the menu.  

While I have your attention, I must share my Muriel's Fabulous Cheesy Mashed Potatoes recipe with you,   Only problem is that even though I have been making this for at least the last 50 years (no kidding) I have never nailed down the proper measurements and such.  Julia Child is turning in her grave!  

MURIEL'S CHEESY MASHED POTATOES

Potatoes

Butter (or combination of butter and Becel)

KRAFT Cheddar Cheese Product (In a shaker can)

Seasoning (I simply use salt and pepper, but you get to experiment with garlic, chives, etc.)

Boil potatoes in saucepan until they are fork tender.

While they are boiling, combine cheese to taste (1/4 cup or so, more or less to taste) butter (softened), and seasonings in a cake mixer bowl.  

Process until smooth and blended.

Drain potatoes and add to bowl.

Process with electric mixer until smooth.

I tried uploading an image of the Kraft Cheddar Cheese Product without success.  It thinks I am not logged in.  

Edited by Muriel, 10 March 2017 - 02:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users