Nobody Is There After Hearing Knocking

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Veteran2004

Veteran2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing and all sports! Woodwork is my speciality.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

I am a new member. I have Knocking by my backdoor. 3-6 knocks at the same place every time. Nobody beilieved me untill my wife heard it with me and also by herself. Also my daughter and I heard it together. I never hear it by myself. Its always with the my wife and daughter. I set a voice recorder by the spot of the knocks and asked questions. There was static after each question I asked, just like a response. The dogs use to bark at the knocking and check things out. Now they just bark with ears folded back and that sad look they get. My wife and daughter heard the knocks also. What does it mean? Nothing violent has happend because I asked it not to scare my family. I used incense and told the ghost to leave but it keeps knocking. Is it telling us something? Is it waiting for someone to invite it in? My daughter is a trouble maker did she invite something in when she was mad at us? Help my wife and I are very uncomfortable in our new home. Only been here for a year.

#2 Veteran2004

Veteran2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Can anyone help us?

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I am not too sure what is happening but if you have the means, my suggestion would be to set up an outside surveillance camera pointing at the back door. Just to rule out a natural cause like a bird or some animal. I know we have had birds and possums grab onto security door and it sounds like someone was trying to break through the door!

Other than that, I wouldn't be asking anything to come in when there is knocking; if anything I would be telling it to take a hike!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

Hi there you're doing the right things by using incense etc. If you're religious it might also be helpful to use prayer to be quite forceful in your request for it to leave. e.g. 'in the name of god I demand you to leave here'. If you're not religious, no problem, you can use sage (and would recommend it as well) to move energy out of the house.

How old is your daughter? Is it likely she's used ouija boards or other methods of spirit communication?

Personally if you're not wanting this entity to stick around I wouldn't be engaging in EVP sessions with it. I'd recommend ignoring unless you're commanding it to leave.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,918 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

You and your wife should have a talk with your daughter (just in case). Ask her if she knows anything about all of this. Ask her if there's something she might have done, even by accident to invite something in. Tell her that you need to know so you guys can use that knowledge to get rid of it.

Ignore the knocking as if you don't hear it. And as Klainey suggested, place a cheap surveillance camera (under $50) aimed at the door to completely rule out critters, natural causes or even a living person.

And again, as Klainey voiced, never invite or allow any type of supernatural being into your home no matter what.

And I'm with EarthlyDelites... EVP sessions could be taken as an invitation when it's your own home.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#6 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

You need to eliminate the possible from the unlikely and potentially impossible first.

I'd highly suggest installing an outside security camera at the back door. This will tell you if humans or animals are the most likely culprits with humans being the most likely.

You should also call in home inspector to investigate your house. They should be able to tell if there are insects, animals in the house, etc. And they can tell if there is a problem with the pipes, the electricity, the heater, etc. It would be the same person you would use to inspect a home you are considering purchasing.

Thus we eliminate the most likely and unlikely possibilities from the issue.

Once those have been eliminated we come to the almost impossible answers such as ghosts. Don't get me wrong, I fully believe in ghosts, and have had far too much happen to me to ever think they aren't real. But they are also the most unlikely prospects.

#7 Veteran2004

Veteran2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

After talking to our daughter she did wish something evil to happen to my wife and I. She first heard knocking on her attic door. We have side attics that go along the upstairs. My daughter has tried to commit suicide 4 times also.I had the roofing company come over to check our roof attic for leaks and critters but he found nothing. Our daughter has left our home now and it's just my wife and I. The knocking is coming from our landingway in between the back door and the stairs that lead upstairs. We get a response The past 2 times we did a EVP. I don't want to do EVP stuff anymore because I don't want to provoke it accidentally. We feel like someone is watching us all the time. How do we tell it to move on?

Its not human we don't have friends and no one comes over. I'm a Disabled Veteran I guess people are scared of me.

Earthy...When we first heard the knocking I used a wistful of incense and asked it to leave and move on to the next life. It went away for about 3 months. Now it's back and now the knocking is happening just about every other day. What now?

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

Ahh crud, then she probably let something in. To me this does say something supernatural but that doesn't mean it's evil. Knocking isn't evil, but it can be a sign of a poltergeist. Have you seen or heard anything else?

#9 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Welcome to GS - you have found a great place with loyal members that will help you find the answers you seek.  Please keep us posted and know we are here for you & your family.
Again - welcome.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:31 AM

Are you a bitter disabled veteran?

Do you smoke? Drink alcohol or take mind altering drugs? Are you involved in self gratification?

Sorry to be so blunt but I'm trying to figure this out. And with your answers to the above questions, we might have a direction.

It sounds like you have a better relationship with your daughter now than before she moved out... and that's a good thing! But I think the number one thing you can do at this point is to make sure your relationship with your daughter is your number 1 priority.

We can talk more about this after your response... that is, if I haven't scared you away. :mellow:
Posted Image

#11 Veteran2004

Veteran2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:30 AM

This is Jason's wife. My husband is definitely not a bitter Veteran. He is not taking mind altering drug's. Yes our daughter has gone through some things but we have done everything for our children everything. I could go on and on about everything we have done to ensure she gets healthy and happy. We have done everything known to man to help our child.If you knew the entire situation I know you would not be asking the questions you are asking.

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

View PostVeteran2004, on 04 January 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

This is Jason's wife. My husband is definitely not a bitter Veteran. He is not taking mind altering drug's. Yes our daughter has gone through some things but we have done everything for our children everything. I could go on and on about everything we have done to ensure she gets healthy and happy. We have done everything known to man to help our child.If you knew the entire situation I know you would not be asking the questions you are asking.

Jim wasn't making a personal attack on your husband. They were valid questions asked by the forum owner who was trying to understand your husband's situation a bit better to offer genuine advice. I am sure you have done everything for your children and no one here has suggested anything else. I am sorry that you were upset by the questions, I am sure it wasn't Jim's intent.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#13 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostVeteran2004, on 04 January 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

I'm not sure why Jim said what he did, but we all slip up sometimes.

We really are trying to help. I'm trying to trace to source of the problem. Alot of kids wish evil things on their parents, it's called being a child. I hated my parents when I was a kid. But just wishing isn't likely to bring anything strange in to your home. If wishes were dollars, we'd all be billionaires.

It's just possible that she did something more to open a door to the other world, but so far it only seems like knocking (from what has been said) and that could be caused by dozens of things. So we eliminate the possibilities slowly to make it easier. She may have done a ritual or something. Or, if she's a teenager, she may have a poltergeist attached to her (they mostly attach themselves to teens). Burning incense didn't solve it that's true, but there are other possibilities. These things can also happen caused by stress and frustration.

#14 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

I apologize for the hurt feelings I have caused. I will be on later tonight and try to at least explain the direction I was going.
Posted Image

#15 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Yeah definitely not a personal attack :no: I don't know the direction Jim was focusing on but people who have seen combat and/or have lived in a war zone are prone to having negative thoughts and emotions that things can feed off of AND it's possible something could have been brought back.

Now on the skeptic side ... does the door stick in any way? Even just a little tackiness when closed.

You may want to try putting a little talc on the door frame {dry lubricant}. Sometimes when doors expand contract they can make a sound very much like knocking by sort of sticking then jerking. It's also more likely on cold days when the heater is on inside and a little moisture condenses in the frame ... just enough to stick but not so much as to lubricate it.

I know you said you did EVPs and got a response AND you may have something BUT it may not be what is causing the knocking, so I just thought I would put this out there.
- siguie -

#16 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:50 PM

The questions I asked of you would normally be something I might consider asking in part 2 of an official investigation. But when you mentioned the following...

Taken from post 7 above
1. Your daughter had been wishing something bad would happen to you and your wife.
2. Your daughter tried to commit suicide three times.
3. You and your wife have no friends. And people might be afraid of you.

That's the reason for taking the direction I did. .......I was thinking that you might be haunted by disembodied spirits who were using you for their own purposes. In other words, the dead (evil dead) using you by experiencing your bad habits from within your body. And if you were a bitter disabled vet... that would only add to the complexity of this case. Thanks to Siguie for seeing the direction I was going with that part of it. Anyway, disembodied spirits need an excuse to haunt you. And that's where bad addictive habits (within us) can come into play, they crave them. And that of course can lead to haunted activity in the home, as you described.

If you would have confirmed some of the questions I asked, then I would have taken this to PM and discussed it further.

But for now... I think we may be able to simply chalk this up to you moving into a old Victorian home with some supernatural history involved. Well, that is, unless you brought a haunting with you from your last home. Did you?

And lastly, just for the record... does your daughter have a diagnosed mental disorder?
Posted Image

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,918 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:38 AM

Is there any chance at all that your daughter talks to the dead? Or has a Ouija board or tarot cards? Or is involved in witchcraft? Or collects especially unusual things?
Posted Image

#18 jwc

jwc

Orb

• GS Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostVeteran2004, on 02 January 2018 - 07:53 PM, said:

I am a new member. I have Knocking by my backdoor. 3-6 knocks at the same place every time. Nobody beilieved me untill my wife heard it with me and also by herself. Also my daughter and I heard it together. I never hear it by myself. Its always with the my wife and daughter. I set a voice recorder by the spot of the knocks and asked questions. There was static after each question I asked, just like a response. The dogs use to bark at the knocking and check things out. Now they just bark with ears folded back and that sad look they get. My wife and daughter heard the knocks also. What does it mean? Nothing violent has happend because I asked it not to scare my family. I used incense and told the ghost to leave but it keeps knocking. Is it telling us something? Is it waiting for someone to invite it in? My daughter is a trouble maker did she invite something in when she was mad at us? Help my wife and I are very uncomfortable in our new home. Only been here for a year.
That used to happen in my child hood home it went on for years, everybody in the house heard it. It would happen nearly every morning. Eventually we started having other activity.

#19 Veteran2004

Veteran2004

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

After Jim's post my wife yelled at me for posting our business. Then there was a knock that shook the house and then the normal knock right after. I was home by myself and my wife was at work. I am just looking for answers. At our old home we had a presence there also. We saw dark shadows on our stairs and it always felt as if someone was watching you. My guitar player by itself and our dog would bark and stair at the same wall every time. We lived by a cemetery and chalked it up as just spirits that were lost and needed something to do. All this has been happening since 2008. To people looking in I get it, my life looks like I'm in mind altering drugs and crazy! Lol But welcome to the life of me and my family...just bad luck since I have been born. Lol I just want a solution.

#20 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Ohhh now that's something different. It may have followed you. Did you bring anything with you from the old house? Did it start as soon as you moved in to the old house? Or did it start after you purchased something for the old house? And tell your wife not to worry, it's a ghost forum, we don't know you and you don't know us, so it doesn't really matter. You are anonymous.

Edited by moiraesfate, 06 January 2018 - 07:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users