Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#22 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

That was a great review, Shawn. My vote's for The Fog.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#23 ShawnGStudy

ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

Thanks for reading everyone and for the kind words. I don't seem to have a copy of The Mist so I will have to rectify that soon. I will be watching The Fog soon and I will post a review shortly. I'm glad some of you are enjoying these. :)
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

#24 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Hi, Shawn:

I too enjoy the films where blood and gore are left to the imagination.   They are more times than not, very good flicks.   I am so disappointed with films these days.  Disappointed!   Particularly horror films.  I'd love to read your reviews on what is currently out there.

I go to the movies once a week w/a gf and we take turns selecting.  'Mother'.   We both wanted to see it.  It was horribly dragged out to the point where I was falling asleep in my seat.  Once it really started to roll, I was shaking my head in disappointment.

It wasn't well thought out.  Honestly, when I spend the money to go to a show, I want to be on a ride.   Convince me.   Let me worry for you.   Let me be horrified right along with you.  Make me forget that I'm in a movie theater.  I love that stuff.

If you get a chance, review it.  Why do people who are good actors waste their time on trash?

Edited by Menet, 17 September 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#25 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostMenet, on 17 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

... If you get a chance, review it.  Why do people who are good actors waste their time on trash?

It pays the bills? The movie It was good. It's a two chapter series. Unlike the book and the Made-for-TV movie, this movie is "Chapter One" and has only the children in it. The director didn't do the back and forth like the book and the TV movie. The next is  "IT: Chapter Two" will be the characters as adults.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#26 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 17 September 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

It pays the bills? The movie It was good. It's a two chapter series. Unlike the book and the Made-for-TV movie, this movie is "Chapter One" and has only the children in it. The director didn't do the back and forth like the book and the TV movie. The next is  "IT: Chapter Two" will be the characters as adults.

I haven't seen it yet, Mac.  Gf and I didn't go to our scheduled movie date because I was down with the fall weather change.  Sinus and eyes.   After asking everyone who went and seen it how they liked it, I received rave reviews from everyone.  I kinda figured it might be done in two parts and frankly I prefer that better than flashing back and forth.  I'm going to have to catch it.  Gf said she would go see it again.   So did others.

I think you may be on to something when you mention $$.   Or exposure?   Maybe they just got tired of sitting around the house.  I'd like to ask her why?  She's an excellent actress but anyone can fall short if the story is poorly written.  Or the director is a flop.
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users