• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:30 AM

Okay, one of the dreams I had last night I was in my old (haunted) house and there were evil spirits there.  I had to hunt them down and when I found them they were in a clear glass sphere and the spirit looked like a black mist inside of it.  Then what I had to do was throw it down to break it and release the spirit and say "In name if JESUS I rebuke you!  go back to Hell where you belong!"  It was so powerful I felt it in my heart and I meant it!  

One of the evil spirits, before I sent it to hell, came in the form of my sparrow, Charlie, and it bit me so ferociously I was bleeding! blink.gif During this dream I was semi-conscious and I was scared so badly I couldn't move, I was literally paralyzed!

This is seriously one of the most powerful dreams I have ever had. mellow.gif
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#2 munbby

munbby

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

Yep, visiting this site before bed will do that to ya.

#3 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:33 AM

Wow Child  ohmy.gif . That dream sounds like it would be an awesome climatic scene in a blockbuster movie!

For some reason I also had a really bad nightmare last night. Now I'm used to having Night Terrors but this one made me sleepwalk twice. Must have been something in the air.

Darktania
Dont be afraid of the Dark. Be afraid of what's in it.

#4 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:01 AM

I'm used to having Night Terrors

ohmy.gif I used to have night terrors too!!!!  I remember some in great detail yet others I don't remember at all!

I used to have them in my old house.  They're not fun at all.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night and I would look out in the hall (mind you the lights would be off) and I could see candy floating, kind of dancing, in the middle of the air in a straight line down the hall to my parent's room.  I would get the strongest impulse to follow the candy and when I got to my parent's room there would be a black and red-glowing mountain.  I was panicked and terrorized because apparently my dad had been drafted to go serve in Satan's army.  

These days I don't have them anymore but last week in school for some odd reason I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. not fun...not fun at all. dry.gif  sad.gif
Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#5 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:29 PM

I agree with Munbby - If I come on this site before bed it's just to go to the non paranorma forum for the games because I know it will take ne forever to sleep and when I do it won't be peaceful smile.gif
With the loss of my dad and my sister in law and neither of them coming to visit I find myself a little more skeptical these days.  Having said that though I still jump when things go bump in the night :)

#6 margotkitten

margotkitten

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:18 PM

I had night terrors twice & it as awful.
When I come on here I always look around and make sure
nobody's there. LOL
Posted Image

#7 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:04 AM

Well last night wasn't nearly as crazy as the night before.  I dreamt that this one girl in a couple of my classes joined my forum and we were talking about stupid stuff, then I had a dream that I actually raise my hand to volunteer in my Latin class but my teacher didn't call on me.  hm, I wonder what Freud would say about that...
Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#8 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:08 AM

I do find that the more you visit the site, the less it affects my dreams. I know that I lost a lot of sleep when I was a newbie here!  laugh.gif

#9 Darktania

Darktania

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:22 AM

Your experiences definitely sound like Night Terrors. Especially the floating candy dream where you father gets recruited into Satans Army. They can get so bizarre at times that they're embarrassing to talk about.

My most recent one was that I dreamt my GF was a demon. It got really bad because she was laying next to me asleep and I had to figure out a way to escape. My heart was pounding really bad and I was borderline about to panic. So I started to inch slowly out of bed and sure enough she wakes up and askes me where I'm going. (Imagine the shower scene from Psycho) I didnt want her to know that I knew she was a demon because she'd probaly slay me and eat my soul or something. So I tried to remain calm and told her that I was running off to the bathroom. Well she instantly knew that I was having another one of my many dream sessions. So she reached out to me to get me to stay in bed. Okay imagine the ghost from the movie "The Ring" trying to hug you.  laugh.gif  I did my best to remain calm and kept pushing her away all the while her advances became stronger. It took me tripping over a tall lamp we have in the corner to realize that I was just dreaming again. Very embarrassing.

I dunno if you've noticed but alot of times when I have these night terror/sleepwalking experiences I have excellent night vision. And I've also seen things floating in the air. I've seen blobs with spikes, grey clouds (now how do you exactly see a dark grey cloud in the dark?), Shadow People on numerous occasions, furniture floating down the hall, balls of light, and demonic GF's. I've felt things grab my legs and play with my hair. Too many to lists as I've had them ever since I was a kid. I'm pretty sure this is stress induced. But for some strange reason I only have these dreams when I'm sleeping in my bedroom. This is why I wont sleep alone in my bedroom.

Darktania
Dont be afraid of the Dark. Be afraid of what's in it.

Edited by Darktania, 24 October 2004 - 09:24 AM.

#10 LadyTimeLord

LadyTimeLord

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:28 AM

I rarely ever remember my dreams anyways...so I stay in this forum until I get sleepy lol

I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called. And last night, I dreamt that you were there. As my companion.
~
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful
~
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

#11 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

wow Darktania I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I also remember what I used to call "day terrors" lol and it was like I was having a conscious seizure, very scary!

I don't have night terrors anymore but I think the ones I used to have were cause by my medication when I had Leukemia when I was 2.  Prednisone can do crazy stuff to your head!  I would also remember feeling really weird right before I was getting ready to go to sleep, like my depth perception would change or something.

I dunno if you've noticed but alot of times when I have these night terror/sleepwalking experiences I have excellent night vision. And I've also seen things floating in the air.

I know, it's like a supernatural memory of your surroundings, almost psychic.  I say supernatural because I think your brain is in such a state that it's powerful enough to add things that you would perceive as real, does that make sense?
Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#12 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:please pm me if you want any information psychic wise.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:15 AM

my daughter had bouts of night terrors for a bit.  She was only 2 yrs old at the time.  She would start screaming at night.  I would go to her room, and she would be looking at me.  When I would pick her up to comfort me she would punch me in the face, kick, etc.  All while screaming.  Of coarse I don't know what her dreams were about because she was to small to tell me.  I did find however if I filled a small bowl (like tupperware) with ice cold water about half way up and put some ice in it to keep it cold. If i stuck her foot or hand in it, it would bring her out of the night terror.

Maybe this will help those of you that know you are having one, or if you have a significant other who is in the room.  they can just shove your hand in a cold bowl of water.

On a side note there is a chance that this can make you pee when it happens.  Just for percausions so no one is mad at me if this happens.

#13 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

On a side note there is a chance that this can make you pee when it happens.

ROFLMAO  

Oh yeah I remember about a year ago I had a spontaneous night terror (I hadn't had one in like 2 years!) at my dad's old house (the haunted one) and it was just me and my dad, I forget where my mom and my brother were.  I KNEW I was having a night terror but I couldn't control it and I think I punched my dad, lol, I feel really bad about that. :unsure:

I'm 16 now, just in case anybody's wondering.
Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#14 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:28 AM

you should try the water thing if you know you are having one, it might just work.
By the way if these become really problimatic you should see your family phasician.  While my daughter was having these there was a 15 yr old girl that actually jumped out her second story bedroom window and broke her neck, because she was running from something in her night terror.  She is now a paralyzed from the neck down

#15 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

Oh that's horrible!  Yeah next time I have one I will try it, but like I said it's been a while, so maybe I'm done with them.  I think we did tell my doctor once when they were really bad but he just said it was a phase.  I think he was right, unless I'm under intense stress or something I doubt I'll be having one anytime soon.  (haha just watch, I'll have a psychosomatic onset one tonight, lol)

Right now the way I'm dealing with stress is through my Trichotillomania, it's so bad and embarrasing.  I'm hesitant to tell you what I do... :unsure:
Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#16 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:07 AM

I know what Trichotillomania is, you should try breaking the habit to try and find other things to do with your hands.  Like drawing, bouncing a ball, writing a story, or get on the ghost study board and put your thoughts into some replies.  Also if you know there is something that relaxes you do that instead of what you are doing now.  Exercise, start playing sports, learn how to play an instrument (piano would be a good one for you).  Keep those fingers and hands busy. If the only time you do this is when you are by yourself, don't give yourself the chance).  By the way, if you do this by putting the "stuff" in your mouth there are many more risks of illness.  Like a bowel obstruction.  It is also known that if you are doing this now it will lead to other self mutilating activities.

THIS IS UP TO YOU, BUT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.  TALK TO YOUR PARENTS AND ASK FOR HELP WITH YOUR STRESS!  IF YOU GO TO THE DOCTOR AND TELL HIM OF THE STRESS/PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE HAVING FROM THE STRESS, HE CAN PERSCRIBE YOU MEDICATION THAT WILL HELP YOU.  THE NAMES OF THE MEDICATION ARE AS FOLLOWS, SO YOU CAN LOOK THEM UP ON THE NET IF YOU WANT.
FLUOXETINE
PROZAK

I AM NOT YELLING AT YOU, I JUST WANTED YOU TO REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU IS.  DONT BE EMBARASSED, THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN'T CONTROL. BE STRONG AND HELP YOURSELF, BEFORE YOU PROGRESSIVELY GET WORSE.  IF YOU WANT TO PM ME TO TALK YOU CAN.  I AM HERE TO LISTEN.

#17 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:33 AM

if you do this by putting the "stuff" in your mouth there are many more risks of illness

no I don't do that.  Usually I'm pretty good about it but last week I got an itch on my upper eyelid and that's what triggered it again.  I only do it badly about once a year.  I do play the violin and piano, and a while ago when I got the urge I was reading a book and when I got the urge I told myself "no" and I held onto the book.  I've had this since I was little and I haven't done any other self-mutilating activities (like cutting).  I won't cut I swear, I'm too wimpy (with my experience with doctors especially).  My mom had Trich too, she pulls from her scalp, and she knows what I do.
It might partially be from the 4 day weekend I'm on, I had nothing else to do (because I'm procrastinating homework) so I did that.  

*edited to add that I'm copying Latin verb charts right now so I'm good.

Edited by ChildOfTheNight, 24 October 2004 - 11:34 AM.

Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#18 BAD_BUTTERFLY

BAD_BUTTERFLY

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:56 AM

I am glad that you are trying to help yourself.  But please remember to never be embarrassed to ask for help.  Especially on here no one will ridicule you.  You may want to tell your mother about the medication that could help her if she goes to the doctor.  The issue with trich is that once you do it you are embarrased about how you look so you then become nervous and then you become stressed, then you want to do it again.  It is a vicious cycle like eating disorders, cutting, drugs, etc.  Don't be afraid to go to the doctor and get a script to help you.  Having help isn't anything to be ashamed about.  You sound like you are doing ok though.

#19 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:00 PM

yeah I'm doing just fine.  Actually I've figured out a way to counteract the vicious cycle.  Instead of getting stressed about how I look, I put eyeliner on and I think about how good I'll look once they grow back.

Also I don't want to take Anti-depressants because they can make me gain weight and I'm very happy with how I look now (I'm a healthy eater so no worries there).  I don't want to puff up any (I did when I was little on Prednisone) and I don't want that to ever happen again. besides, can't anti-depressants develope suicidal tendencies in teens?

Edited by ChildOfTheNight, 24 October 2004 - 12:02 PM.

Come away oh human child
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#20 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

besides, can't anti-depressants develope suicidal tendencies in teens?

Yes, particularly Paxil.  If you're under 18 and you ever go to a doctor who suggests Paxil for you, that doctor has not been keeping up with the latest research and you should definitely ask about an alternative medication.  Not all anti-depressants carry this risk, but this is definitely one to avoid.

It's interesting the doctor suggests anti-depressants--trich is believed by many to be closely related to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) which is an anxiety disorder, not a mood disorder.  And anxiety disorders are normally trated with an anti-anxiolytic, like Xanax.  People with OCD have reported considerable relief from their symptoms after taking Xanax.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I have a BA in psychology and at least some of what I learned stays in my mind!  huh.gif  Good to know it does, LOL!

You sound like you're coping fairly well in spite of the night terrors, so I hope all continues to go smoothly for you.  Best wishes!

Kate