© Fisana

hi there!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ghosty1_*

Guest_Ghosty1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:28 AM

is this the right place to talk about past lifes?

#2 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:33 AM

I'm not sure but I'd be more than happy to discuss the topic with you! biggrin.gif
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#3 Guest_Ghosty1_*

Guest_Ghosty1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:35 AM

ok then,,,,, smile.gif

I remember what my name was in my past life.
Anita Brett
Can you help me fiond a grave or, death records possibly?
I think "i" might have lived in ohio not sure though. i was maybe slightly indian or mexican, but most likely indiani had 5 kids. one of which was an infant.
I died in a fire which government set to scare me out of my home. it was during WW2 and my husband was at warHis name might have started with a JMy home was surrounded by a forest
i have pre typed this so if it isnt worded right thats why. smile.gif

#4 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist
  • Interests:Showing up to work on time.

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:40 AM

Umm, I know there are some sites with cemetary listings.  If you can dig up town names, then perhaps they could help.  Unfortunatly, I can't remember them, so perhaps if you check out www.google.ca then type in what you want, perhaps you can dig up some sites.

Good luck,
Mr. Pop

#5 Guest_Ghosty1_*

Guest_Ghosty1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:45 AM

thanks  ive tried but i cant get qny other info besides the name and the year they ("I") died....

#6 Guest_Ghosty1_*

Guest_Ghosty1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:46 AM

cause im not a member of any of those sites. (ie ancestry.com)

#7 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Location:jamie oliver lifted the floor tile under which he lay and smiled for it would be oliver's next twist

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:47 AM

ooh, I see.  Perhaps somebody here is and they could help you.

#8 ChildOfTheNight

ChildOfTheNight

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:Japan, horses, goth, swords, paganism, wicca, witchcraft, spirituality, ghosts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

I'm not either but you could perhaps search through cemetaries in Ohio.  I did that and I think I might have found a dear friend a few months ago that I met after they died.
Come away oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
~WB Yeats

#9 Guest_Ghosty1_*

Guest_Ghosty1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:51 AM

hmm.. ill try. thanks

#10 Mr. Popadopalis25

Mr. Popadopalis25

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:53 AM

Hmm...

#11 38thparallel

38thparallel

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

Have you tried searching the Social Security Death Records?

~38th

#12 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.

After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.

Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland.

Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:05 AM

If it was that long ago the census records might have been released and you can check and see if someone by that name was living in Ohio at that time.

But, may I ask, why would the government set fire to a house to scare you out of your home?

That sounds farfetched to me. :-/

Also, how did you come to find out this about your past life?  Was it a dream? Meditation? Hypnosis? Or a third person?

Posted Image
"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."

#13 theflowerlady

theflowerlady

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:History, horticulture & hauntings (the "3 H's"!)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(Darklighter @ Oct 25 2004, 10:05 AM)
If it was that long ago the census records might have been released and you can check and see if someone by that name was living in Ohio at that time.

But, may I ask, why would the government set fire to a house to scare you out of your home?

That sounds farfetched to me. :-/

Also, how did you come to find out this about your past life?  Was it a dream? Meditation? Hypnosis? Or a third person?

My I suggest that if you think that sounds far-fetched, that you go to your favorite "search engine" and smack in "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" and just read a little about it...

Just a suggestion...
Ego dico c u m mortuus populus...

#14 gwardhome

gwardhome

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:18 AM

My thought would be a search for Ohio... or perhaps contact a newspaper or two in Ohio.  Search their archives.  I would guess that something like that would HAVE to have received some sort of mention.  

If you don't want to tell them the past life part... make up a story about a story your grandmother told you about o freind or something.
Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!  - Jack Skellington The Nightmare Before Christmas

#15 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.

After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.

Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland.

Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE(theflowerlady @ Oct 25 2004, 08:03 PM)
My I suggest that if you think that sounds far-fetched, that you go to your favorite "search engine" and smack in "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" and just read a little about it...

Just a suggestion...

The reason I said it sounded farfetched was twofold.
I thought that a) she meant she had been Mexican Indian and cool.gif since it was WWI (which began in 1914) I thought that to be a little late for such practices to be taking place in Ohio.

Most of the forced migration of Native Americans took place in the late 1800s before the turn of the century.
Most of the persecution of Native Americans (by this I mean the forced relocation) that took place after 1900 took place in land west of the Mississippi.

This sounds farfetched to me for these reasons. But I'd be willing to be proved wrong in this area.

Posted Image
"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."

#16 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

Ghostly1, I left you a note in your first thread about this topic, but I'll leave it here too. I would like to move this to Area 13. This is strivtly a ghost forum. Thanks! Helena wink.gif