223 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:08 PM

ouija-boards are one of the most common communication devices for communicating with the dead. though most ghost hunters believe they open a portal to the spirit world
ouija-boards
Be Good!

#2 irish_mafia

irish_mafia

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:33 AM

I have to say I agree with the ghost hunters.  I know when I used to mess around with a ouija board in my teens I musn't have signed off properly one day because a spirit stayed behind and scared the begeezes out of me everyday to the point where I didn't want to be in my room anymore.
With the loss of my dad and my sister in law and neither of them coming to visit I find myself a little more skeptical these days.  Having said that though I still jump when things go bump in the night :)

#3 gwardhome

gwardhome

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:06 AM

My wife and I are growing convinced we have some sort of haunting in our house.  I have considered using a Ouija, but have heard a lot of negatives about them.  I ESPECIALLY would not want to draw something NEW into the house.  

Is there a "good" way to use these.  Targer who we contact.  "Turn it on" and "turn it off" properly, so to speak?  Or I am I best off not tampering in the realm, and use photo taking and maybe recording to see if I get anything?
Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!  - Jack Skellington The Nightmare Before Christmas

#4 MidnightWhiteWolf

MidnightWhiteWolf

Apport

• GS Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

I've also heard of a communication method much like the ouijai board, but not quite the same. Here goes.

I saw this at a local convenience store, there called oijai cards.
Each card Has a letter, a number, or a sign for yes or no on them. everyone takes turns shuffling them and talking to people they'd like to see again. then they lay the cards down on the table, and each person takes off a small pile from the top, then they lay the bottom card face up on the table. This will supposedly be a message from beyond, but like was mentioned on the old board, this isn't actually just a way to communicate, I would see it as a 'tool' to enhance your powers of perception.

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

I've heard about the cards but I don't know if anyone had any luck with them
Be Good!

#6 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.

After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.

Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland.

Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:31 PM

The best way to test those cards is to just try some.
You could let us know what you find!

Anyway, I've said this a million times, and I'll say it again:  There is a belief, and one that I hold with, that many negative reactions to Ouija boards are actually derived from the user focusing his/her will in a negative way as they use the board.
Their fear or belief that Ouija boards bring evil, even a subconscious knowledge of this fear will cause a negative reaction.
It is also believed that the answers derived from the boards are merely the subconscious focusing of one's own will.
This can be used as a tool for introspection, to find things within yourself that aren't at the easily accessible surface of thought, but rather buried deep within one's mind.
I think that sometimes, one can contact spirits, but that this is more rare than people would believe.

And I also believe that regardless of what you're actually contacting if you shield yourself and the board before using the board, and focus only on getting positive and non-harmful results, and properly cleanse the board before and after you use it then you should be relatively safe, though the human mind and ghosts can both be tricky, and there's no way to say for sure.

I'm just going to go buy one and see what happens. smile.gif  I'm afraid of things, but I'm not above messing around with Ouija boards. wink.gif

BTW, Irish_Mafia, your siggy banner is so wide it messes up my screen. Is there any way to make it narrower so that it doesn't stretch your reply boxes, please?  mellow.gif

Posted Image
"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."

#7 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:37 PM

Honestly, I think that Ouija boards  shouldn't be messed with if the person trying to communicate with it doesn't know how to use them. They can be a very useful tool, but the problem is there is no way to identify with whom you are communicating with. I know that I have said this before, but I think that the problem with theboard is that there is NO caller ID on the board, so you don't actually know if the entity you are speaking with is actually who they say they are, and that is the biggest problem with unexperienced people using the board for "fun", which, IMHO shouldn't be done because it's not a toy.

#8 Guest_Samsara_*

Guest_Samsara_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 01:49 PM

does anyone know where i can get a ouija board, besides the internet?

#9 Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*

Guest_HelenaHandBaskettGStudy_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:01 PM

Apparently, you can get them at Toys R' Us.

#10 Darklighter

Darklighter

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Interests:At the moment my main interests are photography, ghost hunting, sight seeing, reading, and scrapbooking.

After emerging from my bout with a debilitating illness (Latin name Isuckus Muchhardus) relatively unscathed I've resumed haunting the boards.

Now mobile and armed with a camera and a taperecorder (among other tools) I'm up for investigating any ghostly happenings and haunted sights in the UK and Ireland.

Contact me at Darklighter_Solo@hotmail.com if you want to go on a ghost hunting jaunt.

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Samsara @ Oct 22 2004, 10:49 PM)
does anyone know where i can get a ouija board, besides the internet?

In addition to Toys R Us you can get slightly nicer versions in what I like to call 'Occult Light' shops, which will have things like Tarot Cards and Ouija Boards, and other sort of sort of but not very witchy things that young people get into quite heavily for slumber parties and things like that. wink.gif

Although sometimes you might run into imitations called Spirit Boards, or Talking Boards...and those work just as well.

Random other toy shops that do board games will probably carry them. I know that Target does in the US, and ASDA in the UK. Though they may not anymore as they were bought by Walmart, and I haven't been in a while since I don't go to Walmart.
But Ouija Boards seem like they might be something that Walmart wouldn't carry.
I know at least one sort of 'superstore' like that in America has stopped selling them.

Posted Image
"And I, of ladies most dejected and wretched,
...O, woe is me
T'have seen what I have seen, see what I see."

#11 Guest_Samsara_*

Guest_Samsara_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:10 PM

i'd like to find an older one, but one from toys r us would do.

im visiting a haunted cemetary eventually, wondering if i should bring a ouija-board or just be happy with my camera

#12 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:51 PM

I think amazon and Bn have them too
Be Good!

#13 38thparallel

38thparallel

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:39 AM

I've also been searching for an older Oujia board (more for its collector's value than ghost-ishness).  I found a very nice board from 1919 at an antique shop.  Maybe you can try there?  Surprisingly it was only $20. biggrin.gif

~38th

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:03 AM

38th thats a great idea, I like the look of the old one's. they put alot of work into it those days's

Edited by ceaser, 24 October 2004 - 09:04 AM.

Be Good!

#15 Rhonda

Rhonda

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(ceaser @ Oct 24 2004, 10:03 AM)
38th thats a great idea, I like the look of the old one's. they put alot of work into it those days's

#16 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

I had a link that had houndreads of diffrent pics of Oujia boards. i'll try to find it

Edited by ceaser, 25 October 2004 - 12:46 PM.

Be Good!

#17 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:58 PM

They dont open anything. Put it on the table and leave it alone see if it does anything without "YOUR" interaction. Its not the board. They were made as a way to more thoroughly scam ppl. They have evolved over the years but the point of the matter is that its the person and not the board. Besides 90% of the users who say they have had responses on a ouija board are moving it themselves sub-conciously and leading the discussion where they would want it to go.

#18 Guest_corvette1972_*

Guest_corvette1972_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:00 PM

What if there is already a portal open? and you have someone that knows what they are doing?

#19 Caesar

Caesar

Board Punk

• GS Member
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

Great point, GI I agree
Be Good!

#20 Daemon

Daemon

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, music, cars, astronomy, and well you if you're cute, heh heh.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(corvette1972 @ Oct 25 2004, 07:00 PM)
What if there is already a portal open? and you have someone that knows what they are doing?

If there is a portal open then it wasnt the board that did it. And "knows what they are doing?" I hardly doubt anyone can say they "know" what they are doing. But still yet Im off point. Its not the board that caused anything. You could possibly say it could be used as a focusing tool but other than that...nada. Read the history to the ouija and you will quickly see why I have no faith in them and will not bring them on investigations.

On a side note...dude love the vette. 72 stingray? I just found one in mobile that needs some slight restoration for 6k. Has 10k in receipts too.