• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 vampzerez13

vampzerez13

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:05 PM

Hello everyone. If you don't remember me, i used to go under the username of "nameless".  I now have a different username and would like to update you a little more on the new salem firehall. I was just up there as usual the other day and heard childeren's voices coming from the graveyard. There were no childeren out that day because it just got done raining. My brother was with me and asked me if i had heard what he had heard, which was the sound of children. I also heard footsteps behind me and my brother while we were on our bikes. We both also felt like we were being watched, which was normal for me because i work there and it feels that way all of the time. But i have never, in my five or six years of working there have heard children in the graveyard as much as i did that day.

#2 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:32 PM

It seems really unusual to me that children would ever play in a cemetary, I would think their fear would keep them from it. However, it could be that children played there before it was a cemetary and it's a bleed-over from a residual haunting.

just my thoughts,
RavenHeartGStudy

#3 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(RavenHeartGStudy @ Jul 1 2007, 01:32 AM) View Post
It seems really unusual to me that children would ever play in a cemetary, I would think their fear would keep them from it.

My stepkids LOVE to play in cemeteries and always have.  They like exploring and reading all the names on the headstones.  It's never freaked them out in the least.  Perhaps they're a bit unusual in that regard, but I've heard of plenty of other kids who enjoy graveyards too.

#4 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:50 AM

I stand corrected!!! I guess it only goes to show you how long it has been since I was a kid...LOL!!!! It is nice to know these children have not learned a fear of death....sweet innocence, long may it live!
          cool.gif
RavenHeartGStudy

#5 BlueRose3

BlueRose3

Wraith

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

I also know quite a few kids who like to hang out in cemeteries too. They are respectful and will even do a little weeding around the headstones. I even had my daughter and sometimes my nieces ask me to go with them once in a while to a cemetery so that they can check out the names and date. Children now a days do not seem to be frighten of cemeteries. They now find it a great place to explore and like checking out the names and date.

#6 lurker

lurker

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar, roadtrips, paranormal and reading

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

My daughter loves going to spooky old cemeteries with me.  Or anywhere haunted for that matter and she's only 6.  She'll proudly bring pictures she took of cemeteries to show and tell and tell her class how her daddy takes her "ghost hunting".

#7 vampzerez13

vampzerez13

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, i LOVE hanging out at the cemetary there. Something goes on there though. We here, think that the cemetary and the Firehall are both connected in many ways. We know that the dead that died in the firehall during the Flu epidemic, are buried there. But there is something lurking in there. I had just asked my mom last night if she had seen anything other than the face in the window up there. And she said yes. She mentioned to me that she was up there with me when i was just a child and with my uncle tagging along, and looked over towards Ebenezer's grave and saw something there. She couldnt specify what she saw....but she saw something. they took me and both high-tailed it out of there. Wow....

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:10 AM

Wow! :good: What an interesting place, does anyone know any other information on the place? I had a quick look but couldn't find a hall near a graveyard.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

It may be one http://newsalemvfd.c...m.html?id=23627

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:48 AM

Sorry, MacC the link isn't working for me :( but from your link address I think you are right. I was able to find other links and there is a cemetery close by :yes: This is my best guess https://www.google.c...6!4d-76.7876149 Back in the day it looked like the name was "YORK NEW SALEM FIRE HALL" but now it is "York New Salem Community Fire Company 1", just to confuse me further!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 05 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

Sorry, MacC the link isn't working for me :( but from your link address I think you are right. I was able to find other links and there is a cemetery close by :yes: This is my best guess https://www.google.c...6!4d-76.7876149 Back in the day it looked like the name was "YORK NEW SALEM FIRE HALL" but now it is "York New Salem Community Fire Company 1", just to confuse me further!

Cool. yours fits better than the one I posted of the New Salem Volunteer FireDept in Marshville, NC.

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 05 July 2019 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 06 July 2019 - 04:02 PM

Has anyone spotted the alleged nearby cemetery? I can't find it on Google Earth.

Edited by EVP, 06 July 2019 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:04 PM

View PostEVP, on 06 July 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

Has anyone spotted the alleged nearby cemetery? I can't find it on Google Earth.

It's in the link, that Klainey had posted York New Salem Community Fire Company 1. There's St. Jacob's United Church Of Christ Cemetery or St. Jacob's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery.

Posted Image
York New Salem Community Fire Company 1

Posted Image
St. Jacob's United Church Of Christ Cemetery

Posted Image
St. Jacob's Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 07 July 2019 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:13 PM

Thanks bunches MAC!
Posted Image

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

No problem. :)

Posted Image

My Shop