• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Darmani

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

Hello to you all !

Let me get this straight, i do not believe in ghosts. I've been to several haunted places (some near my house, other in Italy) and i've never been in contact with any form of ghost. I have also played with the ouija board for a fair amount of time and i still was alone. However, even if i don't believe right now because of a lack of proof, i WANT to believe. It is that ambition that pushed me to go to the haunted places i have visited and it is also because of that ambition that i want to push my investigation further.

I have some things to ask of you. From what i have read, most of you have had more luck with meeting spirits than me (i consider it luck, some of you might see it differently). Anyway, are there any tips on how to make contact with a spirit ? (Since i've never met a ghost, i am probably doing something wrong)

Second thing, what is the most important equipment that you need to take with you on a ghost hunt ? I've heard of some stuff like the KII and the spirit box, but i have absolutely no idea how they work. What equipment should i get ?

And finally, the trip i am planning is going to be on the east coast of the united states. I will be going down from Quebec going to Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and the state of New York. If you know of some places that might be worth visiting to catch some paranormal activity, let me know !

Thank you very much !

PS: I'm new on the forum, so i have no idea if i posted this in the right thread. Sorry if it caused any inconvenience.

#2 MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,366 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:09 PM

Welcome to the forums! Your post is fine, I see no need to move it or anything.

Sounds like you are going on a fun trip I don't know many haunted places, but you should go to Salem Massachusetts, that's where they had the Salem Witch trials. I know there are some haunted places there.

I honestly don't know how to attract spirits, they just come to my house and leave whenever they want. It's always been like that for me.
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,034 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:49 PM

Pennsylvania, you say? :happy0045:   Gettysburg and other civil war battle areas are supposedly the most haunted places in the US.  Tons of people have had experiences there!
My Signature
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Hello and welcome to the boards.

I do believe there are those who will never experience anything paranormal; a bit like the two investigators from the dead files. Steven DiSchiavi has claimed he has never experienced anything paranormal. However, he is able to investigate and can't denounce Amy Allan's psychic abilities.

Enjoy your trip. I hope you do experience something paranormal too and I look forward to reading your further posts :)
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,918 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

I hope you enjoy your trip and I hope that whatever you experience, you can share it with us! Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't in the old paranormal roulette!
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:41 AM

Sounds like a cool trip.

Here are some of the more popular places...

Gettysburg (Pennsylvania)
Eastern State Penitentiary (Pennsylvania)

Snug Harbor (Staten Island NY)

The Pine Barrens in New Jersey (Jersey Devil)

Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum (West Virginia)

Point Pleasant (West Virginia, Mothman)

Don’t worry about fancy equipment. A camera and maybe something to record possible EVPs. When taking photos try to be as steady as possible and take more than one photo.

Have fun!

#7 LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

Take LOTS of pictures!!!  Hope you see / feel something supernatural....A picture of one would be better! :-)

Good luck and have a great time!
My Signature
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 Darmani

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:41 PM

Thank you all for your comments, it is greatly appreciated !  I am definitely gonna try to visit Eastern state penitentiary and Trans Allegheny Lunatic asylum. I bought a cheap K2 and Spirit Box. Hopefully i'll be able to film or record something nice :D

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com