Free Skins
© Fisana

What Single Paranormal Event Turned You Into A Believer?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:57 AM

I've shared this story before and it comes partially from a transcript back in 2015.

My first visual collective experience was in my twenties. I had a group of people over on a Friday night and we began to share stories that were creepy or unexplained. I wasn’t at the time involved in paranormal studies but I had a few stories to share as well. Everyone took their turn in the circle until it came to Gary.

Gary was always the one who caught the biggest fish, climbed a taller mountain and sometimes we wondered if he might tell us he changed in a phone booth and has saved Louis Lane before. Needless to say we never took him too seriously but he was a good guy who we enjoyed hearing STORIES from.

Nothing short of a couple of seconds the drama started with the statement “I have something that follows me around and it doesn’t matter how many times I move, it eventually finds me!”

When prodding for details and asked “What do you think it is?”, he said, I don’t really know, all I can tell you is that it occasionally makes an appearance and catches me off guard. The way it surprises me, always manages to scare me.

All of us soon forgot his stories but moving ahead five years I was sharing a house with several friends and Gary stayed there for a while as a tenant later into the lease when others moved out.

I remember distinctly it being a Monday morning at 9:00 am. We both had the day off and wanted to go to the mall. Gary needed to grab his wallet that was down in the basement in his bedroom so I followed him down and proceeded to sit on the couch.

I could plainly see him from where I was sitting as he continued to struggle looking in his sock drawer that was squeezed tightly to the wall in the Chester drawers very close to the bedroom door.

Both of us we’re making eye contact when the next event happened. A black amorphous translucent shape slide out behind the Chester drawers and began expanding and encompassing the majority of the doorway. It hung there for what seemed like an eternity but was likely no more than 10 seconds.

His eyes were the size of saucers and you could see he was physically distressed. The shapeless shadow dissipated and a few seconds later Gary had asked if I saw it as well. Without influencing his STORY I asked him to describe it with detail without immediately sharing my event. What he described seemed very close to the same experience I had. This is where he pointed out; remember when I told you about this many years ago? This is what I was talking about.

To be critical, I am not going to label what it was because I honestly don’t know other than it was unexplainable and it was collective with close to exactly the same shared experience.

About ten years ago I was exploring the metaphysical world and made contact with several mediums along the way. I know; psychics and medium, what a “red herring” but my idle curiosity has been my trap.

I have asked three mediums on three separate occasions, and they all interrupted halfway through and said the same thing. According to them, Gary wasn’t a very good person when he was younger and taunted the other side many times when using an Ouija board. All the same words, “He has an attachment and the only way it’s going to end is a change in life style or a cleansing.

This single event made me really take notice but it wasn't until much later did I become interested enough to get in over my head.

So what's your story?

I find personal paranormal encounters that turn someone's life around the most interesting.

Let the stories begin :)

Edited by EVP, 17 November 2019 - 01:59 AM.

Posted Image

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,227 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 November 2019 - 01:35 PM

I've shared this before, but here it is again.

I have GIRD and am unable to sleep in a prone position, so when this took place, I would sleep in a reclining chair. In my room, I situated the chair in front of the window facing the street. I keep the street-side window shade(room-blackening) drawn down and curtain closed. I was watching television when I started to feel sleepy and decided to turn it off. I had to get up to do this, for the batteries ran out on the remote. As I was getting up, to turn off the television, I started to feel cold and on edge. I shut off the TV, and as I turned to return to my chair, I saw a tan-colored mass behind my chair. It moved quickly from behind the top of my chair, down towards the floor. I promptly went over to investigate. There was nothing there. I did not sleep last night.

I was sitting in my chair when I got a lash in my eye and got out a handheld mirror to try and get it out. After I removed the lash, I turned the mirror slightly, and there was that mass, I quickly leaped out of the chair(not easy to do with a bad knee) and looked behind it. There was nothing there.  I sat back down and looked in the mirror again. It did not reappear.  I did not like mirrors before this had happened; I can't stand them now.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience MAC. It's an interesting story. It can be traumatizing when these catch you unprepared.

Somewhat unrelated to your experience, I've had several "unusual" events take place around the waking and sleeping cycles including "old factory" occurrences. I know that scientists insist they can be explained by hypnopompic/hypnagogic events but several of them seem to be more on the verge of consciousness and not just a dream state because they have happened with a good measure of time after I woke.. It's great to have explanations but I still won't rule out alternatives.

Edited by EVP, 17 November 2019 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:15 AM

I have always been a believer since childhood. But I think this is the most important incident for me!

My teenage son was shot, the bullet split into 3 pieces and each piece travelled the same path 6.35 cm into the right side of his brain. He had a 25% survival rate and it was a miracle he survived. I was given visual symbolic signs that he would be OK. One was a crucifix that shone like the moon in the night sky  (clouds were able to pass across it just like the moon). Believe me, I never slept during the 4 hour drive after my son's was intubated and airlifted to a bigger hospital.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:24 AM

KlaineyGStudy, on 18 November 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

I have always been a believer since childhood. But I think this is the most important incident for me!

My teenage son was shot, the bullet split into 3 pieces and each piece travelled the same path 6.35 cm into the right side of his brain. He had a 25% survival rate and it was a miracle he survived. I was given visual symbolic signs that he would be OK. One was a crucifix that shone like the moon in the night sky  (clouds were able to pass across it just like the moon). Believe me, I never slept during the 4 hour drive after my son's was intubated and airlifted to a bigger hospital.

WOW! I've never heard you share this one Klainey. Certainly life altering with symbolism.
Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 05:33 AM

Yes, it was a terrible time! The worst time in my life!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth.
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 18 November 2019 - 07:27 AM

I was 6-8 months old. In my crib. I know this because my mother told me I was teething during that time. I remember trying to stand and back then the cribs were painted (early 80s). I started to try to chew on the painted bars. I could feel the paint chips in my mouth, then I saw a lady walk in. She looked old like white short curly hair and sounded like my mothers side of the family. She then stood in front of me touched my head and said which I heard in my mind. Don't chew on the bars and spit out the paint don't swallow. It was kinda weird how I knew what she was saying. Being so young it was as if done in pictures in my head in some ways. I put my hand to my mouth. I remember my gummy mouth and spit out the paint. She then smiled at me and once I lied back down she left.
To this day she still hangs around me. My mother and I are not sure who she is. Even though it sounds like the females on her side. The lady did give me a name its Sussy which I found out recently is a nice name for Cecelia. I still hear her talk at times she uses my full name when she calls me, she has a warm electrical touch. Helped me through alot.
This lady also appeared many times more as a solid person when I was a baby till about 8. My mom has seen her interact with me. She comes in stronger when someone I love is in trouble or I'm not feeling well or in trouble.
That was the first day that started a life time of being gifted. And I use my gifts for good and helping spirits and people.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#8 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:36 AM

GothickangelCa, on 18 November 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

I was 6-8 months old. In my crib. I know this because my mother told me I was teething during that time. I remember trying to stand and back then the cribs were painted (early 80s). I started to try to chew on the painted bars. I could feel the paint chips in my mouth, then I saw a lady walk in. She looked old like white short curly hair and sounded like my mothers side of the family. She then stood in front of me touched my head and said which I heard in my mind. Don't chew on the bars and spit out the paint don't swallow. It was kinda weird how I knew what she was saying. Being so young it was as if done in pictures in my head in some ways. I put my hand to my mouth. I remember my gummy mouth and spit out the paint. She then smiled at me and once I lied back down she left.
To this day she still hangs around me. My mother and I are not sure who she is. Even though it sounds like the females on her side. The lady did give me a name its Sussy which I found out recently is a nice name for Cecelia. I still hear her talk at times she uses my full name when she calls me, she has a warm electrical touch. Helped me through alot.
This lady also appeared many times more as a solid person when I was a baby till about 8. My mom has seen her interact with me. She comes in stronger when someone I love is in trouble or I'm not feeling well or in trouble.
That was the first day that started a life time of being gifted. And I use my gifts for good and helping spirits and people.

Wow sounds like you have a "guardian" from the story you told. Thanks for sharing!
Posted Image

#9 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 18 November 2019 - 10:58 AM

So many things that have happened to me throughout my life.  So many things that happened in my current house when my youngest lived with us before she moved out.  But, to say the one single event...

My daughter had a guy friend over.  I can see the upstairs hallway from my recliner downstairs.  I saw her and her friend leave her room at sunset one day and they walked to the stairs and came downstairs.  I heard the front door open and close.  less than a minute later, my daughter was in the kitchen talking to my wife.  I saw movement in the hallway upstairs and saw who I thought was her friend going back into her room.  a minute later I hear my wife ask my daughter if her friend left to which she said yes.  I said he did not..I just saw him walk into her room.  My daughter called out his name twice.  No answer and then she looked out a front window of the house and saw that his truck was gone.  I dont remember what excuse I made as to why I thought I saw someone walking into her room.  Let me be clear.  I saw it walk the 2nd half of the hallway and into her room.  There was no mistaking it!  It was a full form that looked like a guy.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,347 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

Not really one event here. I did think about the paranormal and ghosts when I was a little kid (5-6 years old) and even tried moving objects with my mind, tried manifesting a ghost etc. through sheer willpower. There were several instances where I heard my name, it seemed like it was in my ear/head but also from far away. Each time I assumed it was my parents calling from the other room, but it wasn't. I even learned meditation, although I didn't know it at the time. I'd picture a TV  with snow on it and static noise, and it did get me to where you have no thoughts, and actually feel really small inside your brain, and everything outside that was expanded way out, I guess like how a little star would feel looking out at the vastness of the universe.

Fast forward to when I was an adult. I had a girlfriend who had died on the operating table and came back. I was interested in/researching OOBE's at the time, and she said she could do this at will. I was also trying to find something in my subconscious that I knew was there that was hindering me and wanted to access it. I asked her to visit me out of the body at night, and try several things: to ask me/my subconscious what it was hiding, and also try to get me out of my body. I didn't recall anything the next day. When we talked, she was adamant that she'd never try that again. Said something was firmly telling her "LEAVE HIM ALONE" when she was trying to  communicate with me.

This, and several other incidents infer that either my subconscious self, or perhaps even a guardian in protecting me from something. I've seen and experienced the paranormal but feel I am somehow blocked/shielded from a good part of it
Posted Image

#11 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

LouczarGStudy, on 18 November 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

So many things that have happened to me throughout my life.  So many things that happened in my current house when my youngest lived with us before she moved out.  But, to say the one single event...

My daughter had a guy friend over.  I can see the upstairs hallway from my recliner downstairs.  I saw her and her friend leave her room at sunset one day and they walked to the stairs and came downstairs.  I heard the front door open and close.  less than a minute later, my daughter was in the kitchen talking to my wife.  I saw movement in the hallway upstairs and saw who I thought was her friend going back into her room.  a minute later I hear my wife ask my daughter if her friend left to which she said yes.  I said he did not..I just saw him walk into her room.  My daughter called out his name twice.  No answer and then she looked out a front window of the house and saw that his truck was gone.  I dont remember what excuse I made as to why I thought I saw someone walking into her room.  Let me be clear.  I saw it walk the 2nd half of the hallway and into her room.  There was no mistaking it!  It was a full form that looked like a guy.

Thanks for this interesting story Lou. Oddly, others I know directly have doppelgangers linger at times if that is accurate. On more than one investigation, an investigator that is best labeled as skeptical asked if I was within eyesight of him a brief moment before On two occasions, I had been absent from the indoor investigation and outside for a prolonged period taking long exposures with my camera. I always notified others responsibly while leaving and usually took someone along in case something decided to appear for collective validatiion.

I don't feel the investigator was pranking because when I mentioned that I was outside all the time, the reaction was clearly "shocked". I've often wondered if doppelgangers as best described are imprints. They seem to be non cognizant to others.

Edited by EVP, 18 November 2019 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:30 PM

Vlawde, on 18 November 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

This, and several other incidents infer that either my subconscious self, or perhaps even a guardian in protecting me from something. I've seen and experienced the paranormal but feel I am somehow blocked/shielded from a good part of it

That's a fascinating evaluation Vlawde and quite possible. Some investigators seem as you described "shielded". Whether it's a guardian or an inner self protective mechanism who is to say. Some mediums are said to have a shut off valve they can control where others less fortunate are never left alone.

Importantly, it's better to have security even if it comes at a risk of limiting research.

Edited by EVP, 18 November 2019 - 08:06 PM.

Posted Image

#13 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:35 AM

Iíve never had any experiences.

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:49 AM

lorac61469, on 19 November 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

I've never had any experiences.

Some people never do. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Thanks for sharing Lorac :)
Posted Image

#15 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,227 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:08 PM

lorac61469, on 19 November 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

I've never had any experiences.

EVP's right, it could be a blessing. Some of the things I've experienced weren't exactly what you'd call pleasant.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#16 rainmaker

rainmaker

EVP

• GS Member
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Family, Learning

Posted 24 November 2019 - 05:17 AM

I certainly can't say I'm a believer in what all other people experience.

And I'm sure others could equally apply that towards even the things I have experienced as they didn't experience it and or can't relate to it.

However I remember seeing the same thing with a friend who had seen a ghost out my bedroom window while I was on the loo.

So yeah coming out of the loo and seeing this with him on and off for a period of time certainly seemed to reinforce what was there.

Neither him nor I were the type to ever conform to peer pressure and were / are two very different but strong willed individuals.

If I was the only one to see it I wouldn't believe it less then or now but if he was the only one to see it then it wouldn't have impacted me in the same way and I may have even have forgotten about it after all these years.

#17 Ridgeki

Ridgeki

EVP

• GS Member
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:essay writting expert
    woman'ssoccer

Posted 25 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

I haven't had anything really that made me a believer except hearing fantom footsteps! That scared the crud out of me!

Edited by Ridgeki, 25 November 2019 - 09:23 PM.

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:47 PM

Klainey thank you for sharing your experience, it must have been deeply moving for you at such a stressful time.
It's in the trees, it's coming!