Daemon

• GS Member
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Koi fish
    Family
    Antiques
    Art

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:26 PM

Hi, how do we bring up old photos that were posted ages ago on here. I have been looking for a couple to show my son, but all I find is the post. Are the old pictures deleted?
Stare at the dark to long and you may see what's not there!

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:38 AM

There's probably a good number that are no longer visible because of image hosting sites changing their policies. Instead of searching on ParanormalSoup, I'd go over to GhostStudy as those images are resident without dependency of supportive image hosting sites. You will find various links to the gallery there. I'm not trying to discourage you from posting here, just giving you a more reliable source

Edited by EVP, 18 June 2021 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:30 AM

I think some were lost along time ago and as EVP said image hosting sites have changed their  policies or became obsolete. What were the posts? Maybe someone might know where the images are.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 karmacae

karmacae

Daemon

• GS Member
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Koi fish
    Family
    Antiques
    Art

Posted 21 June 2021 - 05:46 PM

It was an old photo of my sons birthday, it had a blue orb in it
Stare at the dark to long and you may see what's not there!

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 07:21 PM

Yes, I checked out your post; at first glance it looks as though it was a post without an image! But from the comments, it is clear there was an image there at one stage and no longer visible! I know FaceBook images have about 3 months of viewing as the links expire, but there is always that telltale note that the URL signature expired. Sorry, I can't be more helpful! Can you remember where the original photo came from; it might a better place to start looking.

Posted Image

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:42 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 June 2021 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yes, I checked out your post; at first glance it looks as though it was a post without an image! But from the comments, it is clear there was an image there at one stage and no longer visible! I know FaceBook images have about 3 months of viewing as the links expire, but there is always that telltale note that the URL signature expired. Sorry, I can't be more helpful! Can you remember where the original photo came from; it might a better place to start looking.

Wouldn't someone have to remove the image tag in the posting so the "broken image" wouldn't be displayed? I went to the original posting in question and noticed just text. Was hoping to at least find a broken image with an image path. Sometimes this can lead the original author back and retrieve an image that appears to be lost.
Posted Image

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 04:25 AM

Yes, that was what I thought too when I looked at the post. If not for the other comments you would think it was originally posted without the picture uploading correctly but others had seen and commented on it. So not sure what happened! I agree it looks like the tag has been deleted because it is missing, when it happened or why I am not sure!

Posted Image

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:30 AM

I'd guess either the photos were deleted from the hosting site, or the hosting site closed them off. If they were uploaded directly here I'm not sure, i have seen older posts with a snapback message and no photo available
Posted Image

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 02:54 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 23 June 2021 - 04:25 AM, said:

Yes, that was what I thought too when I looked at the post. If not for the other comments you would think it was originally posted without the picture uploading correctly but others had seen and commented on it. So not sure what happened! I agree it looks like the tag has been deleted because it is missing, when it happened or why I am not sure!

I guess there's also a possibility that a mod/admin edited the OP once they saw a broken link. I'm referring to maybe before your time Klainey. That thread is quite dated. You would know better than myself in that likelihood.

Edited by EVP, 24 June 2021 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image

#10 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 04:36 AM

View PostVlawde, on 23 June 2021 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'd guess either the photos were deleted from the hosting site, or the hosting site closed them off. If they were uploaded directly here I'm not sure, i have seen older posts with a snapback message and no photo available

That is always a possibility if they were uploaded to the board and somehow not updated maybe??? I know the board was at least updated once. I will see if I can find out anything in IP. Board but I think either way the photo is lost.

Posted Image

#11 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:19 AM

It may be the board system purges stuff after so long, or there was an update somewhere along the way that cause the forums to lose a lot of data. Can't remember specifics but recall hearing about this years ago
Posted Image

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 02:02 PM

What was the original post link? :pop:
- siguie -

#13 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 25 June 2021 - 03:55 PM

View Postsiguie, on 25 June 2021 - 02:02 PM, said:

What was the original post link? :pop:

I believe this is the post in question.

http://www.paranorma...topic=17143&hl=
Posted Image

#14 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:48 PM

Thanxz EVP :good:

It's "unlikely" to be archived BUT I checked the WayBack Machine for 2006 and it's not showing ... but the thing is there are a LOT of orb posts and going through each archive will take forever. However, it may be in a later years archive but there are a lot :shocked:

As for why you cannot find the image it's because the forum where it was posted was originally 8 but has been changed/moved to 28 ... and my guess is that the image link borked. Typically when updating there would have been a warning message for the person doing the updating and an option to save, or delete the image/link. Pretty much the only reason no link is shown borked or otherwise is it was deleted.

That said it's almost always just the link that gets deleted, there's likely a vast store of images on the server.

karmacae be sure and look through your "My Media" archive with luck it will be in there just unlinked to the original post.

Other than that Best of luck and vlawde I think you are the oldest kid still active :bunny:
- siguie -

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,572 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,138 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 30 June 2021 - 04:01 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#17 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • 2,767 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 06 August 2021 - 07:02 PM

View Postkarmacae, on 21 June 2021 - 05:46 PM, said:

It was an old photo of my sons birthday, it had a blue orb in it
I remember that!
Posted Image