Free Skins
© Fisana

Have You Ever Suffered From Sleep Paralysis?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever suffered from Sleep Paralysis? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever suffered from Sleep Paralysis?

1. Yes, I have experienced it ! (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No, I sleep like a baby (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image

What makes Sleep Paralysis Scary?
Researchers believe during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, dreaming is frequent, but the body's muscles are relaxed to the point of paralysis, perhaps to keep people from acting out their dreams.

But why do people report seeing the same thing? A Demonic dark human figure sitting on their chest? They all can’t be dreaming the same thing, right? Leave your thoughts and experiences down below.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#2 KolIkA

KolIkA

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:47 AM

Yes i have horrible feeling!

#3 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

I apologize ahead of time for the lengthy post.

Between the ages of 14 and 16, it was not uncommon to wake up and have the sensation of being spooned or cuddled in a possessive manner. If I were laying on my back, I would feel a "body" turned toward me with an arm and a leg laying over me. I quickly learned that this served at least one purpose and that was to pin me down when I woke. 95% of the time I could not speak either as I could feel a hand around my throat. This only lasted seconds. I realized that it seems for a entity(low level, at least) to interact in this physical reality, it takes a lot of effort, and it wanes almost immediately. So, the moment I tried to speak I would feel a tight grip of a hand and although the first time this happened, it was alarming because I also couldn't breathe, I noticed right away that the grip was weakening until finally I was able to speak. It was like it was buying a few more seconds with me until it had to leave. I always chose to keep my eyes closed but it was cleared this thing wanted me to look at it...in my mind, I couldn't unsee that, so the whole 2 years, I only opened my eyes once and that was on the last night I had an issue like this. Every night was different. Some nights, when I struggled to be free, I would feel the excruciating pain of a hand digging under my ribs or my inner thigh. I heard a language spoken that I didn't understand but was like nails on a chalkboard in its effects. I was also spoken to in english. Although not vulgar, I will keep what was said to myself.

I remember one time, my dad left me at a friend and her family's house while he went out of town for the night to check on his dad. I slept in the same bed as my friend who was in her early 20's. She warned me that she snored and hoped she wouldn't disturb me. I was happy to be there because I just "knew" I would be safe this night. In the middle of the night, I woke to hear my dad's voice telling me he is back and to get up so we can go home. Now, at the beginning of this sentence, with my eyes still closed I move to get up, but midway in the sentence I began to hear my dads voice morph into another voice I recognized. Before he even completed the sentence I turned back toward my friend and instinctively grabbed onto the poles on her headboard, and not a moment too soon as I was grabbed around the ankles and pulled hard enough, I would of been pulled off the bed no question. I wasn't going to let go....I knew I just had to wait it out. This thing was laughing. I felt safe to open my eyes and look at my friend. She was sound asleep and I just remember the feeling of helplessness that I was in this whole situation alone, for the the whole two years. Here I was hearing audible sound and being assaulted and it did not wake the person next to me. The second it let go, I scrambled to get my lower half of my body back in bed and under the sheets. The next morning ,at the breakfast table, my friend asked if her snoring woke me up. I just looked at her, remembering what actually woke me, and told her not at all. I was very embarrassed of my experiences and did not share them with anyone until years later. It was alluded to me during my formative years that if a person has these kind of issues, they were doing something they shouldn't be. I knew after the fear and sometimes physical pain, the last thing I needed was to confide in someone who was going to turn it around on me, and look at me with a skeptical eye. I no longer believe that. Although, I do believe people can draw negative entities through certain means, I also believe that innocent people can be affected for no apparent reason. The last evening I had an issue I got in a physical fight with it...after two years I was no longer scared. I was mad. During the fight I did open my eyes unintentionally for a brief second and saw a transparent fist come at me. I won't finish that story except to say the struggle lasted for several minutes, but I won.

I believe sleep paralysis does affect a lot of people, and it would be alarming to wake up before your body does, but unfortunately, I personally did not suffer from that phenomenon. I also believe we are most vulnerable when we are not on our feet, and a lot of people are actually being harassed by an entity. I think if this is a reoccurring thing for someone, they need to possibly consider the experience from a paranormal aspect, especially if there are more details than just paralysis.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:36 PM

What a scary experience.. I would say it was feeding on your fear and once there wasn't any more to feed on it has moved on; the little blighter!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

My wife mentioned to me that it has happened to her a few times over the years.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Ive only had one incident of paralysis. I was also temporarily unable to breath, all the while hearing the noise that the nightmares in my dreams always screamed with. In my case, I think it was strictly my body being asleep, although I am curious about the nightmares which abruptly stopped after a prayer regarding them. Makes me question if they were just part of my dreams.

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:32 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 22 August 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

What makes Sleep Paralysis Scary?
Researchers believe during rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, dreaming is frequent, but the body's muscles are relaxed to the point of paralysis, perhaps to keep people from acting out their dreams.

But why do people report seeing the same thing? A Demonic dark human figure sitting on their chest? They all can’t be dreaming the same thing, right? Leave your thoughts and experiences down below.

That first image reminds me of the Dab Tsog/Night Hag.

"In Hmong culture(South East Asia), sleep paralysis is understood to be caused by a nocturnal pressing spirit, dab tsog. Dab tsog attacks "sleepers" by sitting on their chests, sometimes attempting to strangle them. Some believe that dab tsog is responsible for sudden unexpected nocturnal death syndrome (SUNDS)."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Night_hag

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 24 September 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:27 PM

Yes, I've experienced it a few times and I definitely felt as if something demonic was inside my room. Scary thing is, my mother was choked in her sleep and I had dreams of dark figures inside of my dreams, which sort of makes me think that they were coming from my dreams, but I could be completely wrong. Many people think this happens due to science, while others feel it's something more paranormal. I'm always open to hearing people's experiences and what they saw. It was frightening. It got to the point where I had to sleep with the light on because I was so scared of going to sleep, because I feared that it would happen again. Anytime I was scared and anxious, it ended up happening. To relax my mind, I sleep with meditation music on now to relax my anxiety. Sometimes I strongly feel as if it's something paranormal, but I've talked to others about it and they think otherwise. It could be possible that their simply just coming from my dreams, but my mother's experience was much worse than mine which worries me a bit.

Posted Image

#9 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Disembodied Voice

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 07:59 PM

I'd like to answer yes but I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure that's what it was or if it was an OBE. Unable to move but feeling like I was floating up and down but that there was at least one other something in the room. I was a kid and don't remember when it happened. I do know I wasn't scared, more like intensely calm.

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,271 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:47 PM

Only once that I can remember. I was living with my then girlfriend, and we had a male friend as a roommate. I think he had had a few beers before bed, we likely did too. I woke up and heard some noise and mumbling, wasn't sure what was happening because I couldn't move or speak initially. As i kind of woke up I realized the noise was coming from the closet next to my side of the bed. Then I could talk, and said "whats going on?" Turns out the roommate was in the closet. He'd gotten up half asleep to go to the bathroom and in the dark somehow missed the bathroom in the hallway and ended up there. Luckily he didn't pee in there, and was a bit surprised when he realized where he was. Hilarity ensued.
Posted Image

#11 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:03 PM

Just once and still not sure what that was all about.  I did read a book last year, 'The Terror That Comes In The Night An Experience-Centered Study Of Supernatural Assault Traditions' researched and written by David J. Hufford.  He began the work in 1971 and published in 1982.  He studied folklore.  If any of you come across it, it's worth the read.  He did the qualitative and quantitative work on this project.  So you get it all first hand.  It's a little dry in the beginning yet it makes you appreciate what he shows you when revealing the Old Hag through the experiences of others.

I had never read anything like it before so now I make a point of looking at Acadamia and the abstracts and papers on psi.  And the last time I looked up Sleep Paralysis on Pubmed (2 yrs?) the variables presented in the studies were as long as your forearm.  No one follows up and all seem to have their own interests when presenting research.  And most physicians are biased when asked their opinions and you can include researchers too.  To most it is a medical condition.

I'm no expert.  I only experienced it once and it was a bit shocking.  I cannot imagine having to live with it.
Happily Wacko.

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:32 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 24 September 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

That first image reminds me of the Dab Tsog/Night Hag.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Night_hag

Thanks for this MAC. I hadn't realized the Dab Tgog was an inspiration to Wes Craven during the 1980's for the Nightmare On Elm Street series. I found an interesting narrative on YT regarding this. Thank you; it's always good to learn new things which I most certainly did in this case. I still occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis, waking & kicking something away from me. Maybe it's payback to my awakening of those that were meant to sleep in my journey :)

Edited by EVP, 15 October 2019 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:16 PM

View PostEVP, on 15 October 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Thanks for this MAC. I hadn't realized the Dab Tgog was an inspiration to Wes Craven during the 1980's for the Nightmare On Elm Street series. I found an interesting narrative on YT regarding this. Thank you; it's always good to learn new things which I most certainly did in this case. I still occasionally suffer from sleep paralysis, waking & kicking something away from me. Maybe it's payback to my awakening of those that were meant to sleep in my journey :)

You're welcome. Oh, I love Bedtime Stories, they have such wonderful content.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

Posted Image

My Shop