Jump to content



Any Thoughts?


  • You cannot reply to this topic
200 replies to this topic

#121 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the upload Jim. I am not very good either when it comes to audio. I couldn't hear the dog; but will listen later with earphones on :yes: and let you know if I hear anything.
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#122 JIMOverSeer

 

    Forum Owner

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,189 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 11 November 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the upload Jim. I am not very good either when it comes to audio. I couldn't hear the dog; but will listen later with earphones on :yes: and let you know if I hear anything.

With the service I'm using to store the EVP, you have to turn it up loud to hear much of anything!   :wacko:

Probably not a dog but it was just the way I was hearing it. I will be curious to know how others are hearing it.

#123 Kristin

 

    Banshee

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East Coast
 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Listen so far the worse thing that seems to have happened is your Husband feeling choked out of his sleep and you not a 100% sure but having nightmares and waking with bruises and your bed vibrating.. Everything else has been visual or hearing voices if I'm not mistaken. Shadows moving through the house and a boy and girl by the stairwell. Child tugging on your shirt. Your children seen a man and women but told them to leave and they did after a few weeks. You have a lot going on but at this point anything is going to seem paranormal and scary and it could be just the wind blowing. I'm saying this because I've been through it and it literally almost drove me crazy. The moment I started to believe they cant hurt me and stop fearing them is when it started to change,  Nobody is an expert on this subject and everybody's experiences are different but some are similar like yours and mine, Can they hurt, yes I believe they can but only if you give them the power. You can do this like I said FEAR is the key!!!

#124 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

So good advice Kristen. I think fear has a lot to answer to in some cases and yes fear is a very human trait and hard to overcome once the adrenaline is pumping. Still have to listen... But first, have to find my phone :wallbash:
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#125 Arinomg

 

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story
 

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

@kristin i know some people who is very expert and legit in this field, they even can kill ghosts so i disagree with your opinion. For myself, it is stupid trying to be brave without knowing who is your enemy.

#126 Kristin

 

    Banshee

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East Coast
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

OK!!!! I am sharing my OP with her and not everyone will agree with me but that doesn't matter its for to take or leave it. Everything I say is to try to help her and its what I believe!!!

#127 Arinomg

 

    Spirit

  • GS Member
  • 36 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Chocolate, cheese, ghost story
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:13 AM

My apologize for hurting your feeling ms. Kristin. I dont want to bash anyone. I just trying to be honest. I have witness by myself spirits doing nasty stuff, they play around with good people, they mock people, they even kill many people. Some spirits just too annoying that they enter human body and kick the real owner of the body, they make many people suffer but people nowadays depend on science and logic which is some part of it is deceived by devil itself. So noo.. i dont hate you ms. Kristin, i hate spirits that deceiving people and make fun of us You can delete my comments anytime admin. Thank you

#128 Kristin

 

    Banshee

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East Coast
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:35 AM

I don't feel you bashed me at all but thank you for an apology. I do not disagree with you about what they are capable of. My point is if she doesn't get control of her fear she opens herself up to all kinds of things.

#129 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

I am glad you both were able to come to an amicable understanding. :yes:
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#130 Gmorals

 

    Apport

  • GS Member
  • 66 posts
  • Gender:Female
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:27 AM

hi! I appreciate everyones opinions.its all good advice.As far as the evp goes.I don't have a dog and there are no dogs around.I had put my phone down and sat in the room with my husband.neither one of us made a peep.and I only recorded for a few mins.to me its sounds like a lot of moving around and I don't know what else cause I cant really hear it.I was going to do another last night but I was so tired from work that I feel asleep.sleep didn't last as long as my husband woke me up around 2 am and I could feel his heart racing and he told me the shadow was back.The shadow stayed away for a day and now everytime he dreams and he sees it its right next to the bed staring us down.i have to share what happened yesterday to my husband.My sons al like to wear baseball hats and for the past few days they were disappearing little by little so we were looking for them and I couldn't find them at all.On the 3rd floor I have 2 extra bedrooms and an attic area for storage.My husband went up there to get some toys and he found the hats in one of the bedrooms in the middle of the floor.he showed me when I got home from work.In order to get up there you have to go through my bedroom and the kids are terrified of going up there.Me personally ive been up there a few times when I showed my family the house but that's it.just thought id share that with you guys

#131 EVP

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:56 AM

From my analysis, I did not find any of the common characteristic in frequency response associated with EVP/AVP snippets. Also there's no decipherable words bringing clarity to the haunting that is said to be taking place. Ideally, multi-syllable words are required similarly found in a human voice in pronunciation to shed light. Finding anomalous audio snippets require a more dedicated audio device and loads of patience. I've gone as many as 20 times without a sound file worth keeping. I'd highly recommend using a digital audio recorder that is consecrated for audio transcription. Cellphones have versatility but unfortunately limited to placing calls, sending text messages, taking a quick photo or accomplishing other non-specialized acts in my opinion.

Cellphones do not possess adequate audio sampling or microphones with the needed sensitivity regrettably.

You're welcome to argue this point but it's just the wrong tool for the job.

Edited by EVP, 12 November 2017 - 07:27 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#132 Kristin

 

    Banshee

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East Coast
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Hey EVP stop downing the cellphone you know its my main equipment and I wouldn't know what to do with out it when I'm searching for the paranormal!!!   LOL!!! :crazy:

#133 EVP

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostKristin, on 12 November 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

Hey EVP stop downing the cellphone you know its my main equipment and I wouldn't know what to do with out it when I'm searching for the paranormal!!!   LOL!!! :crazy:

Kristin, it's not a bash in fact I mentioned they were versatile. I merely recommended devices that will be better suited. You can buy an audio recorder for the same price you pay for your monthly cell bill.

Here's one for $14.00

https://www.ebay.com...8EAAOSwjuBZngun

Edited by EVP, 12 November 2017 - 01:22 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#134 Kristin

 

    Banshee

  • GS Member
  • Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:East Coast
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

I should definitely invest in one!!!!

#135 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:38 PM

View PostEVP, on 12 November 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

...

Cellphones do not possess adequate audio sampling or microphones with the needed sensitivity regrettably.
...

Of course they do cellphones are only limited to 4K {recognizable speech} when processing through back compatible networks {it's the old analog requirements}. These things are just small computers get a good microphone {or atleast one with an acceptable frequency range} and your good to go :yes:

You can get plenty of high end microphones for android and iphones made to go with video too :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#136 EVP

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 05:37 PM

View Postsiguie, on 12 November 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Of course they do cellphones are only limited to 4K {recognizable speech} when processing through back compatible networks {it's the old analog requirements}. These things are just small computers get a good microphone {or atleast one with an acceptable frequency range} and your good to go :yes:

You can get plenty of high end microphones for android and iphones made to go with video too :yes:

In the decade I have been investigating I have never seen anyone attach a microphone to a cellphone. For that matter, it's a strict order with our team to turn them off during an investigation because they can at times effect other equipment through cell tower cycling. Yes I know you can put them into airplane mode but it seem more effective to eliminate them from the equation. In my experience dedicated devices used during an investigation are the best choice for serious investigators.

Edited by EVP, 12 November 2017 - 05:40 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#137 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:47 PM

It's only a cellphone because that's how it is told to behave, use an old phone with no cell service, put it in airplane mode and call it a digital recorder and your good to go :yes:  IF you want to buy a separate recorder that's fine too but unless you need some specific aspect of a dedicated device then there's no need :nono: Most of the price is just marketing ... IF you want to build a high end digital recorder from scratch it's pretty simple using Arduino boards and shields and you can do it very cheaply AND have an AWESOME recorder. It just wont look as nice unless you put effort into that aspect :yes:
My Signature
- siguie -

#138 EVP

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Connecticut
  • Interests:Digital Still Creation
 

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

View Postsiguie, on 12 November 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

It's only a cellphone because that's how it is told to behave, use an old phone with no cell service, put it in airplane mode and call it a digital recorder and your good to go :yes:  IF you want to buy a separate recorder that's fine too but unless you need some specific aspect of a dedicated device then there's no need :nono: Most of the price is just marketing ... IF you want to build a high end digital recorder from scratch it's pretty simple using Arduino boards and shields and you can do it very cheaply A

IND have an AWESOME recorder. It just wont look as nice unless you put effort into that aspect :yes:

Depending on the investigator and the device, your mileage will vary. Some higher end equipment doesn't seem to be conducive to EVP captures and that isn't universal.  I've been using analog tape recorder primarily. Looking back at the success rate analoge tape has worked best for myself along with many pioneers in the field. I don't trust trust straight to digital. I run XLR cabling to dedicated condenser/dynamic microphones via a mixing board to a Marantz PMD 430. That's worked very well including the removal of individual listening.

Siguie do you do any recording sessions? Care to share any samples? I'd be interested in hearing your work.

Edited by EVP, 12 November 2017 - 07:04 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image

#139 siguie

 

    Earthbound Spirit

  • GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Gender:Male
 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

Well if it's a ymmv thang than people should always start with the cheap carp or whatever is handy :yes: I always recommend cellphones because most people have one or more and it's trivial and cheap to upgrade or just trick them out ... like making them start recording audio/video or take photos when there is a change in the   Force   EMF readings :yes:

Yup I've done tons of EVP sessions :yes: I've used real reel to reel old school recorders, carp mini cassette recorders and tons of basic digital recorders, cellphones, tablets etc. and to date I've collected a grand total of zero {that's 0} EVPs or anything possibly paranormal. This includes recordings of various devices like Ghost Boxes and a couple of white noise video sessions, recordings of Ouija sessions, recordings during various summoning rituals as well as  psychomanteum recordings. Like most people ghosts just don't like me *sigh*
My Signature
- siguie -

#140 KlaineyGStudy

 

    Forum Manager

  • Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
 

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

View Postsiguie, on 13 November 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

Well if it's a ymmv thang than people should always start with the cheap carp or whatever is handy :yes: I always recommend cellphones because most people have one or more and it's trivial and cheap to upgrade or just trick them out ... like making them start recording audio/video or take photos when there is a change in the   Force   EMF readings :yes:

Yup I've done tons of EVP sessions :yes: I've used real reel to reel old school recorders, carp mini cassette recorders and tons of basic digital recorders, cellphones, tablets etc. and to date I've collected a grand total of zero {that's 0} EVPs or anything possibly paranormal. This includes recordings of various devices like Ghost Boxes and a couple of white noise video sessions, recordings of Ouija sessions, recordings during various summoning rituals as well as  psychomanteum recordings. Like most people ghosts just don't like me *sigh*

We like you Posted ImagePosted Image Maybe it is a good thingPosted Image don't like you
My Signature
Posted Image


Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter





Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com